• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This happened during E3, so probably no one noticed, but:
A settlement has been reached with the Sony Entities in a class action lawsuit about the illegal and unauthorized attacks in April of 2011 on the computer network systems used to provide the PlayStation Network (“PSN”), Qriocity, and Sony Online Entertainment (“SOE”) services (the “Intrusions”). The settlement provides benefits to eligible Canadian consumers who file a valid claim.

The Ontario Superior Court of Justice has approved the settlement, which will take effect on July 10, 2013 if no person commences an appeal. The deadline for most claims to be filed would then be September 9, 2013. Details and Claim Forms are available at this website.

So if you have a PS3 and had an account during the hacking, the deadline for you to submit your claim is September 9, 2013. I presume rewards will come out sometime after July 10th.
(Previously, there were no dates as it was not finalized).

This is EB Games Twitter.

#PS4 is once again available for pre-order online! Also, if you pre-ordered after June 14 in-store, your order WILL BE available on Day 1!

What about the ones that pre-ordered on June 11 in store? Wouldn't make sense if they don't get their orders on day 1.

EDIT: Nevermind, just scrolled down their twitter and it says before June 14.

Vamphuntr

Yup Tsilon looks dead to me!

It's been dead for a while to me. I mean what was the most recent perk? DOTA2? Who doesn't have it that wants to get it at this point.

Surprised they had no deals like last year for the preorders. Deals had been awful for quite a while now. People hammered to death the few good deals like the free Crysis 2. It got killed quickly since someone made dupes account and tried to sell the codes.

Maybe a stupid question. Thinking about preordering a PS4 on Amazon.

What shipping do you guys pick? Does Amazon wait until the day of release to ship it?

" FREE Super Saver Shipping (averages 4-6 business days)
Standard-Shipping (averages 3-4 business days)
Express (averages 2-3 business days)
Priority (averages 1-2 business days) "

Thanks

What shipping do you guys pick? Does Amazon wait until the day of release to ship it?

Thanks

When I had pre ordered one right after the E3 press conference, I used the Priority shipping option. It was only $12.95 so I figured why the heck not. I'd imagine I should have it on launch day.

Probably dumb Shoppers Drug Mart question: when you redeem something using Optimum Points, do you GET Optimum Points on the purchase? I assume that most people redeem on Bonus Redemption days, but what happens if you, say, buy a 3DS on a 20x day using $100 worth of Optimum Points and $100 in cash?

Probably dumb Shoppers Drug Mart question: when you redeem something using Optimum Points, do you GET Optimum Points on the purchase? I assume that most people redeem on Bonus Redemption days, but what happens if you, say, buy a 3DS on a 20x day using $100 worth of Optimum Points and $100 in cash?

You may get points for what you actually paid, not for what you got redeeming points!

When I had pre ordered one right after the E3 press conference, I used the Priority shipping option. It was only $12.95 so I figured why the heck not. I'd imagine I should have it on launch day.

Gotcha, I saw the costs now.

Fuck yeah, just preordered a console for the first time ever.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RZ Gamers Club ‏@BBYC_GamersClub

“@RajDhillon06: Are PS4 pre-orders guaranteed to be delivered at launch?” YES Our current preorders are.

Thanks

I picked priority, if you use the Amazon Prime Month-long trial (or actual Amazon Prime of course) it only costs $3.99.

Returners

So the Best Buy's stock for Gamers Club Rewards zone is day one?

I got 2 from BB and 1 from EB. I'm thinking of trading games towards it at EB. But we'll see.

Would it matter that the trial would end before the product actually ships/is billed?

Pretty sure you get locked in to your price at the time of purchase. I'll find out if it changes for me on July 3rd (when my trial runs out) though.

Also, if you use the trial be sure to turn off auto-renew in your settings!

Pretty sure you get locked in to your price at the time of purchase. I'll find out if it changes for me on July 3rd (when my trial runs out) though.

Also, if you use the trial be sure to turn off auto-renew in your settings!

I'm pretty sure if you order something during your prime sub and choose whatever kind of shipping you won't get charged for it when your prime sub expires. Happened to me!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's been dead for a while to me. I mean what was the most recent perk? DOTA2? Who doesn't have it that wants to get it at this point.

Surprised they had no deals like last year for the preorders. Deals had been awful for quite a while now. People hammered to death the few good deals like the free Crysis 2. It got killed quickly since someone made dupes account and tried to sell the codes.

I imagine they're re-evaluating the whole system at this point. But, who knows. The dailies are still being updated anyway.

Quick

Banned
Preordered a PS4 @ Bestbuy online just incase. Im a reward zone member so im i guaranteed one on release day do you think?

Is that a Rewards Zone perk? That's pretty cool, and a good incentive to have the membership.

My friends are ragging on me for pre-ordering, telling me that I should wait for all the bugs to be fixed. I see their point, at the same time, I want that system day 1. I'm split. :lol

big_z

Preordered a PS4 @ Bestbuy online just incase. Im a reward zone member so im i guaranteed one on release day do you think?

if you pre-ordered through the special reward zone member link you are guaranteed to get one on launch day. if you ordered through the standard webpage listing you're in a queue.

I have a question concerning Futureshop gift card and certificate. If I buy something that worth 30$ and I have a 10$ certificate and a 60$ one, do they automatically use the 10$ one first? Or do they try to cover the whole transaction in one card? Or it is in the order I input them online?

Thanks!

khaaan

Unless you live close to their Mississauga warehouse. I'm in Brampton and always recieve my packages from them on release day.

Pfft, that's what you think.

G6rrAcQ.png

I have a question concerning Futureshop gift card and certificate. If I buy something that worth 30$ and I have a 10$ certificate and a 60$ one, do they automatically use the 10$ one first? Or do they try to cover the whole transaction in one card? Or it is in the order I input them online?

Thanks!

Hmm. I imagine they use the first one you enter first. I'm not sure to be honest. Good question.

I have a lot of my E3 orders setup with giftcards.

Takuya

Banned
So hyped, I have the first pre-order at my local EBGames for PS4.

Got my brother to line up for me since I was in Los Angeles attending E3. lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I just realized that by preordering my Xbox One online at Bestbuy.ca that means it has to be shipped to me. That could be a pain in the butt parts. And I run the risk of getting a damaged product too.

Minigo

amazon.ca preorders are up NOW 9:34am for ps4 if your interested

Amazon Canada PS4 pre-orders have been the shittiest so far, either these guys got really very few units or they don't know how to do the pre-order thing.
Pre-orders there only last less than a day until is back to sold out, while in other Amazons around the world PS4 has been always available for pre-order.
How about people who ordered day 1? they won't even let you know if you have a launch edition, bundle deals? nope.
Amazon Canada is a freaking joke.

d0nd

Amazon Canada PS4 pre-orders have been the shittiest so far, either these guys got really very few units or they don't know how to do the pre-order thing.
Pre-orders there only last less than a day until is back to sold out, while in other Amazons around the world PS4 has been always available for pre-order.
How about people who ordered day 1? they won't even let you know if you have a launch edition, bundle deals? nope.
Amazon Canada is a freaking joke.

sorry you had a bad experience

i got my order of that...

If you have a slim you get like 50% more credit.

i have a slim too but i want to save it for my oldie but goodie collection

btkadams

so @ebgamescanada confirmed with me that my in-store ps4 preorder this past friday will be day one, even with the store employee saying they already had 50+ preorders. i guess there is going to be a lot at launch!

i'm very pleased. i'll probably go pay it off so that the money doesn't hit me this fall when so many games are coming out. still keeping my amazon/fs.ca orders until the fall though.

d0nd

anybody order The Dark Sorcerer (PlayStation 4)
Web edition

June 18, 2013

Hello

On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered the The Dark Sorcerer (PlayStation 4). Due to reasons beyond our control, The Dark Sorcerer (PlayStation 4) is no longer available. Therefore, we will need to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

We thank you for your loyalty to Future Shop and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Sincerely,

The Futureshop.ca Team
Privacy policy | Condition of use
© 2013 Future Shop. All rights reserved
Future Shop Canadian Headquarters
8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC V5J 5K3

man i hope they don't cancel the entire order

Palehorse

I jumped on that new batch of PS4 preorders on FS.ca. I regretted not pulling the trigger last week and then they were out. I do hope that I get mine close to launch day, but if Watch Dogs or BF4 aren't available day 1 then it doesn't matter if I wait.

jet1911

Does Futureshop generally ships their preorder stuff so it gets to you the day of release or do they send it the day the game/hardware is released? I hope I won't have to wait one week before my PS4 shows up lol.

Something very similar is happening to my Animal Crossing. Mississauga to Halifax to Montreal. It literally went in the opposite direction of where it needed to go. How are these packages going all the way to Halifax?

I think they recently consolidated a lot of sorting facilities to Halifax. All my local mail (PEI) gets sent out to Halifax and then comes back for delivery.

Does Futureshop generally ships their preorder stuff so it gets to you the day of release or do they send it the day the game/hardware is released? I hope I won't have to wait one week before my PS4 shows up lol.

Received Last of Us on release day. They are pretty good about it but it isn't a 100% guarantee.

anybody order The Dark Sorcerer (PlayStation 4)

man i hope they don't cancel the entire order

They cancelled mine but not other games in the order. You can see the price of Dark Sorcerer looking like this:
$79.98
Item Price
$0.00

The rest of your orders will still show the price normally, meaning the order for that item still goes.

Top Bottom