• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Yeah, OG. Where would I sell one for parts? I don't imagine I'd get much.

Kijiji, I guess you will find someone who will take it hopefully!

It was $30 at FS not that long ago but I think it is back at $50 or $60. I don't see any deals on it currently though.

It's back at 60$ now!

Hehe thanks again! Ordered them this morning - looking forward to trying them out. :)

Ordered the Pulse one early morning and it shipped this evening!
How're you doing with the flooding?

How is Calgary Gaf? Hope everyone is safe and sound! I can't deny I was so nervous and emotional this morning :(

Om3ga

So my 360 died. RRoD. Anyone know of any cheap places to have it fixed in Victoria or Vancouver? Cheaper than $100 at least. And preferably Victoria.
I'd say sell it(if you can) or trash it. At $100-$150 you can get a new or used 4GB slim . Get a torx (not sure what size) screw driver and disassemble your current 360 hard drive enclosure (many vids on youtube), and then buy a slim enclosure for like -$2-$3 on deal extreme and various sites. You should be good to go. You don't even have to buy an enclosure to get the hard drive to work on a slim, but it makes it much easier.

I don't think there is any point fixing it to be honest, it would just give you another few months/week before it'll break again.

Neki

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Deluxe - Black

Item Status: Shipped

Customer Rating:
4.1 /5

(Based on 98 votes)
Review & Rate Product

guys it says it's shipping

should I celebrate yet? I don't know what to do GAF

Customer Rating:
4.1 /5

(Based on 98 votes)
Review & Rate Product

You marvelous bastard. I am so jealous. I'd say this is occasion for a happy dance on your part.

zroid

Banned

Customer Rating:
4.1 /5

(Based on 98 votes)
Review & Rate Product

yoouuu lucky bastard :p

well I got one at launch so I've no right to be jealous, haha

The Pulse headset is on sale right now at FS for $139.99 ($10 off regular price). If you haven't used the $50 off code your TLOU purchase you can get a better deal now. With discount and taxes the headset comes to $101.69. Hope this is not a re-post.

Duke Togo

Anybody with a Sony headset code they don't want to use? Duke Togo would be most pleased to take it off your hands, should you feel so inclined.

Customer Rating:
4.1 /5

(Based on 98 votes)
Review & Rate Product

I already have a Wii U that I bought at launch and yet I'm still jealous.

Smo21

Anybody with a Sony headset code they don't want to use? Duke Togo would be most pleased to take it off your hands, should you feel so inclined.

Not trying to be a mooch but I would also be interested.I think I have yo throw something on the free thread to make up for my shameless begging tho.

lfc11

Neo Member
Anyone knows where to get a nyko power grip for the 3DS? Tired of its poor battery life especially now that I'm playing so much animal crossing.

Ordered the Pulse one early morning and it shipped this evening!
How're you doing with the flooding?

How is Calgary Gaf? Hope everyone is safe and sound! I can't deny I was so nervous and emotional this morning :(

I'm up in the northwest end so, other than some basement flooding, things are ok. Hope other Calgary GAFers are doing well out there!

$299 is still a high price point for the machine.

That's what I think too, I may buy it at $200-250 though!

I'm up in the northwest end so, other than some basement flooding, things are ok. Hope other Calgary GAFers are doing well out there!

Good, I live just by the evacuated zones so I was packed and ready to be evacuated any minute! Luckily they didn't and now it looks like the worst is behind us!

Sora_N

Anyone want my TLOU headset code? Quote post to reveal.

Thanks for your recent purchase of The Last of Us for PlayStation 3 from Futureshop.ca. As promised, we are sending you a $50 e-cert for a Wireless Stereo Headset (Web ID: 10177893):

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What the hell is with Futureshop codes that never work? Be it promos, tsilon, or rebates they NEVER work. Fix your damn system FUTUREshop!

Lothars

Anyone want my TLOU headset code? Quote post to reveal.

Thanks for your recent purchase of The Last of Us for PlayStation 3 from Futureshop.ca. As promised, we are sending you a $50 e-cert for a Wireless Stereo Headset (Web ID: 10177893):

I appreciate it I used it for a friend that wanted the headset.

kennah

Not gaming related, but for those like myself who use Adobe products, here is a good deal on a 1 year subscription to Creative Cloud.

If you have a Behance account you're good to go. If you don't, go make one and take advantage of this deal:

$30/month for the first year. Savings of 40%.

https://creativecloud-specialoffer.adobe.com/special-offer/promo.html?promo=CRF2YX7J

I got in on the student deal for $20/month. How could I not.

Now to get a gig that'll pay for it...

Socreges

Banned
I'd say sell it(if you can) or trash it. At $100-$150 you can get a new or used 4GB slim . Get a torx (not sure what size) screw driver and disassemble your current 360 hard drive enclosure (many vids on youtube), and then buy a slim enclosure for like -$2-$3 on deal extreme and various sites. You should be good to go. You don't even have to buy an enclosure to get the hard drive to work on a slim, but it makes it much easier.

I don't think there is any point fixing it to be honest, it would just give you another few months/week before it'll break again.
Really? Where's this?

Tuck

Looks like you can get a basic Wii U for 250, Deluxe for 300 at The Source. Tempting, but I want it to drop to 200 first.

After going to my seventh store was finally able to track down a copy of the last of us... man, this game is selling like crazy (in ontario at least). sold out everywhere

grabbed the pulse head set as well

Jessicat

Right, so my PS3 fat repair was 75% successful; though even after I opened and reset the blu-ray drive to get a stuck disc out, it won't even pull in discs now when I turn on the console ._.; Think I could still sell it for a decent amount? Everything else works ^^;

Yawnier

Banned
Looks like you can get a basic Wii U for 250, Deluxe for 300 at The Source. Tempting, but I want it to drop to 200 first.

Costco had the basic for $200 a few months ago.

I regret not jumping on it since I don't know if we will see the Wii U that cheap again for a while.

Top Bottom