• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Man....wtf! I want to buy The Last of Us! When will FS get it back in stock? Ive got a 10 bucks off code thing from DKCR3D that I need to use this month, haha.

Jessicat

So just wondering about the PS+ PS3 bundle (just ordered it off toysrus.ca, the sale is still on!) is the PS+ already activated on the console or is there a code that you enter? Only because I have no real need for the PS+ right now and would rather sell it.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So just wondering about the PS+ PS3 bundle (just ordered it off toysrus.ca, the sale is still on!) is the PS+ already activated on the console or is there a code that you enter? Only because I have no real need for the PS+ right now and would rather sell it.

Safe to assume it's a voucher. Otherwise who really knows when the console was manufactured, activated and how long it's been sitting with a lapsing PS+ subscription.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Does anybody else have a headset code they're not using? I actually got TLoU from EBgames with the discounted Pulse headset, but they won't honour the deal for the Elites. :/

I've got a problem, I have a free repair order for my 3DS, but I'm checking Google Maps for the Nintendo repair shop at NESA at 24 Progress Ave in Toronto and it looks like it's gone, did it move?! o_O

I last used them in early 2010 IIRC. I can't find Nintendo's repair office location page.

StevieP

Banned
I've got a problem, I have a free repair order for my 3DS, but I'm checking Google Maps for the Nintendo repair shop at NESA at 24 Progress Ave in Toronto and it looks like it's gone, did it move?! o_O

I last used them in early 2010 IIRC. I can't find Nintendo's repair office location page.

NESAs gone? Can't be! :(

Spoke to Nintendo CS and got the new location of NESA, it's their head office at 155 Dynamic Drive, it's between Steeles and Finch at Markham Road.

Should be doable on a single token hopefully. It's the opposite direction of Vaughan.

Tagg9

So I just noticed that I got a code for $50 off a headset from Future Shop, and it looks like both the regular Wireless Stereo Headet and Pulse Elite are eligible for the discount.

What do you guys recommend? Is the Pulse worth $90 compared to $50? How does it fit? I often find that these types of headsets hurt my ears because I wear glasses.

Stat!

I'm checking around but its tough finding some decent 3DSXL deals for sale. What are the chances I can get it at 150? Slim to none?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So I just noticed that I got a code for $50 off a headset from Future Shop, and it looks like both the regular Wireless Stereo Headet and Pulse Elite are eligible for the discount.

What do you guys recommend? Is the Pulse worth $90 compared to $50? How does it fit? I often find that these types of headsets hurt my ears because I wear glasses.

I'd like to know this as well.

Are the regular stereo ones compatible with the Vita like the Pulse ones?

I'd like to know this as well.

Are the regular stereo ones compatible with the Vita like the Pulse ones?

My Pulse ones will be delivered tomorrow so I didn't try them yet, only Pulse will work with Vita and any other device because it has a 3.5mm cable unlike the original one which only works wireless!

Chose the pulse. The lack of a boom mic appealed to me. I'd also heard that the pulse avoided creakiness that was in the stereo headset? They're very nice, I like the way they sound. The one thing I will say about them though is there is a lot of anecdotals all over the internet about them cracking where the cups meet the headband.

http://community.us.playstation.com...rt/Pulse-Elite-Wireless-Headset/td-p/39688337
http://community.us.playstation.com...ed-Sony-Pulse-Impulsion-Headset/td-p/40450151
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/01/hardware_review_sony_pulse_wireless_headset#comment1539718

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I sort of cross my fingers every time I put them on. They work great so far, but it seems that picking up one of these headsets is a bit of a gamble.

Liberty4all

Banned
Chose the pulse. The lack of a boom mic appealed to me. I'd also heard that the pulse avoided creakiness that was in the stereo headset? They're very nice, I like the way they sound. The one thing I will say about them though is there is a lot of anecdotals all over the internet about them cracking where the cups meet the headband.

http://community.us.playstation.com...rt/Pulse-Elite-Wireless-Headset/td-p/39688337
http://community.us.playstation.com...ed-Sony-Pulse-Impulsion-Headset/td-p/40450151
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/01/hardware_review_sony_pulse_wireless_headset#comment1539718

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I sort of cross my fingers every time I put them on. They work great so far, but it seems that picking up one of these headsets is a bit of a gamble.

I grabbed the regular one and really like it so far. At 50 bucks its a win regardless.

I got the Pulse through the discount and they are amaaaaaazing.

Only negative is the potential for cracking, but the Pulse's 99% chance of working with the PS4 + the option to use it with a 3.5 mm jack made it too hard to pass up.

I didn't need a pair of wireless headphones until after I used them. So so good.

I got the Pulse through the discount and they are amaaaaaazing.

Only negative is the potential for cracking, but the Pulse's 99% chance of working with the PS4 + the option to use it with a 3.5 mm jack made it too hard to pass up.

I didn't need a pair of wireless headphones until after I used them. So so good.

That's good to hear! Mine should arrive today!
Tonight is gonna be TLoU with Pulse :)

No_Style

Thanks for posting these. I will have to be extra careful with them.

I'm checking around but its tough finding some decent 3DSXL deals for sale. What are the chances I can get it at 150? Slim to none?

The Source had it at $159 not too long ago, and I was able to PM that at Future Shop for $155. You should probably see a deal like that again some time this summer, I'd imagine.

Stat!

The Source had it at $159 not too long ago, and I was able to PM that at Future Shop for $155. You should probably see a deal like that again some time this summer, I'd imagine.

As far as I can remember, the last time it had a $150 for XL was on boxing day. The closest one was $159.

Alright. Thanks for the help! $155 vs $150 I'll live with. I'm kinda hoping for a crazy summer bundle or a price drop or something. Though I'm not sure when the last one is/was and if we'll see something like that again in the next little bit.

schlew

Alright. Thanks for the help! $155 vs $150 I'll live with. I'm kinda hoping for a crazy summer bundle or a price drop or something. Though I'm not sure when the last one is/was and if we'll see something like that again in the next little bit.

I have that Staples '$50 off any console over $99' coupon, I can forward it to you if you want to PM me your email address. Only valid on Wednesday though.

Got my Pulse headset in the mail today, didn't try it yet!

Question: will Walmart price adjust after a month of the purchase? my family bought a stroller and now it dropped by like 60$ but I'm not sure they will refund the difference even though the return window is 90 days!

Neki

It's at the post office, I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up! I have no idea why Futureshop didn't cancel it, but at least I'll be ready for Pikmin 3 in August, woot.

What are the chances of some decent deals occurring on or around Canada Day weekend? Specifically 3DS XL systems/games deals. Have there been sales in the past?

nordique

If any one has an available Staples 50$ off code/coupon for gaming system, could that please be PM'd to me? (I can PM my email if needed)

I'm interested in jumping into the 3DS XL as well

Not sure if posted but Steel Diver is 2.99 NEW 1.something used at EB. Its a pretty good game surprisingly. I was able to redeem 40 COINS for Club Ninty! I'm kinda tempted to buy another copy just for the coins lol.

Mikey Jr.

Is the Last of Us really that sold out? Almost every store (including Amazon.ca) is out of stock!

I have absolutely no idea what is going on with that game.

Futureshop has been sold out online for like a week already, multiple stores in the GTA are sold out, and Amazon is selling theirs for $80.

Is it selling out, or is Sony just not restocking, which would be incredibly fucking stupid.

But maybe they want to force people to buy the PSN version? Thats is a conspiracy theory I am having.

Top Bottom