• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

big_z

If any one has an available Staples 50$ off code/coupon for gaming system, could that please be PM'd to me? (I can PM my email if needed)

I'm interested in jumping into the 3DS XL as well

If someone could PM me a $50 off console code they wont be using that would be greatly appreciated. I've been waiting for a good price to get a 3DSXL for a while.

As far as I can remember, the last time it had a $150 for XL was on boxing day. The closest one was $159.

Costco had the Mario kart xl bundle for $149 on boxing day. I doubt we'll see anything that good for a long time.

iphys

Honestly, I'd rather just buy a game used and sell it used for the same price than rent, especially if you have to do it by mail. Canada Post kept cracking DVD discs when I was with Zip: it was frustrating to discover just as I was about to sit down to watch a movie, and after the third time I just cancelled my account because I was afraid they would accuse me of breaking them and charge me for it, since it was happening too often.

Stat!

I have that Staples '$50 off any console over $99' coupon, I can forward it to you if you want to PM me your email address. Only valid on Wednesday though.
That would be incredible man! Thank you! I PM'd you.
for staples, they're having a 50 dollar off any console 90$+ so this might be your chance.

the coupon was sent via email tho.

That would be incredible. How do you obtain one? Did I have to be on a newsletter or something?

Firestorm

Honestly, I'd rather just buy a game used and sell it used for the same price than rent, especially if you have to do it by mail. Canada Post kept cracking DVD discs when I was with Zip: it was frustrating to discover just as I was about to sit down to watch a movie, and after the third time I just cancelled my account because I was afraid they would accuse me of breaking them and charge me for it, since it was happening too often.
Future Shop: Free game rentals since E3 2011.

HoJu

got a wii u from futureshop. did price match with the source. $240 after taxes. deluxe edition. someone fucked up.

EDIT also i'm having this problem where the tv screen keeps flickering to black for a few seconds then i goes back. happens when i switch the menu things in the home screen. this happens when it's set to 1080p. it stopped happening when i switched to 1080i.

anyone else have this problem with the wiiu?

paul187

got a wii u from futureshop. did price match with the source. $240 after taxes. deluxe edition. someone fucked up.

EDIT also i'm having this problem where the tv screen keeps flickering to black for a few seconds then i goes back. happens when i switch the menu things in the home screen. this happens when it's set to 1080p. it stopped happening when i switched to 1080i.

I'd suggest you exchange it. I have a launch unit and never experienced that. I had plenty of lock ups, but those are pretty common. You should be good to exchange it. Dont make a Network ID either, they are system locked.

HoJu

I'd suggest you exchange it. I have a launch unit and never experienced that. I had plenty of lock ups, but those are pretty common. You should be good to exchange it. Dont make a Network ID either, they are system locked.
too late. it's a good thing i didn't move the wii data onto the system...
i'm reading the problem might have to do with my television?
it's currently being used on a LG. i guess i'll just try it on a different tv.

EDIT
this is what happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVQ_1pewtgA

DaBoss

So I want to give someone an Amazon giftcard, but I couldn't find it at Shopper's or Rexall. Are there any physical giftcards for Amazon or not? If not, then I guess I'll have to buy it online, but would prefer to give it as a physical gift.

So I have the following coupons from Staples. Quote the post, state the coupon you need and I shall message you.

$50 off any camera over $150 (June 25 only)

$50 off any gaming console over $90 (June 26 only)

$30 off any hard drive over $100 (June 27 only)

$50 off any tablet over $200 (June 28 only)

$75 off any laptop over $499 (June 29 only).

So I have the following coupons from Staples. Quote the post, state the coupon you need and I shall message you.

Could I please have the gaming console coupon?

*edit* Got it, thanks!

HoJu

could i get the $75 laptop coupon? you're awesome

How did you get it for $240 after tax?! o_O

MercuryLS

Banned

Could I get the harddive one?

Edit: Nevermind, their selection is kinda crap. Wanted to get a good HDD for the PS4, but they don't carry the seagate SSHD's.

HoJu

How did you get it for $240 after tax?! o_O
ordered it online. did a price match with the source. customer service person checked it out and said it was $200 there, and the total price will come up to $240. so i ordered it.
it arrived today and the receipt shows that they charged $240 :)

Can I do this online? How exactly do I go about this?

ordered it online. did a price match with the source. customer service person checked it out and said it was $200 there, and the total price will come up to $240. so i ordered it.

Wait, so you order it, then you phone in?

Lexxism

The one you talked must be blind. The source has the deluxe for $300.

Lexxism

Maybe what he saw was that their website advertises as having it 109.99 off. For whatever reason.

... not that $350-$110=$200...

Yeah, that's some weird math.

He got lucky. He shouldn't get it for $200. They will price match it to $299 and then get the 10% difference of the price. He should only get it for $294.99.

Huh, looks like you can use that $50 console coupon from Staples for the Xbone? Or am I mistaken?

Too bad I can't use it for a PS4 preorder.

edit: wait, sorry I think it says you can't use it for preorders. nm

Can I get the tablet one? I'd really appreciate it!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I was walking out of the cinema and 3 guys were just getting off a car and walking towards a nearby one. As I passed them, one was bringing a huge knife with him and a second was hiding (or taking out) a gun in/from his pants. The other car sped away and a minute later the guys from the first car (I think) started to practice their drifting in the empty parking lot. This all happened only on my way to the bus stop. Friendly Manitoba my ass.

kennah

I was walking out of the cinema and 3 guys were just getting off a car and walking towards a nearby one. As I passed them, one was bringing a huge knife with him and a second was hiding (or taking out) a gun in/from his pants. The other car sped away and a minute later the guys from the first car (I think) started to practice their drifting in the empty parking lot. This all happened only on my way to the bus stop. Friendly Manitoba my ass.

Yeah pretty much, but that shit can happen anywhere.

Leeness

Getting DNS errors on my ps3 again... :(

Shaw, Vancouver area...can anyone help me? :( I've tried an open DNS that I found through googling and it's not working, my ps3 can't even find my IP address anymore.

At the moment, I have Automatic on IP, subnet, default router and address settings.

I used the DNS1: 208.67.222.222
DNS2: 208.67.220.220

So...I don't know. Those DNS numbers are the ~guaranteed to work on any ISP~ numbers so... :(

Someone here helped me get it working before but it started crapping out again a couple weeks ago. :(

Halp, please? I don't know why this is always happening to me :(

They should.

If they do not, then buy it again at the lower price. And then return it with the older receipt that has the higher price.

I had to do what you said, bought a new one and returned it at the same time with the old receipt, I even told the girl at CS about what I did and she said this is smart lol

Getting DNS errors on my ps3 again... :(

Shaw, Vancouver area...can anyone help me? :( I've tried an open DNS that I found through googling and it's not working, my ps3 can't even find my IP address anymore.

At the moment, I have Automatic on IP, subnet, default router and address settings.

I used the DNS1: 208.67.222.222
DNS2: 208.67.220.220

So...I don't know. Those DNS numbers are the ~guaranteed to work on any ISP~ numbers so... :(

Someone here helped me get it working before but it started crapping out again a couple weeks ago. :(

Halp, please? I don't know why this is always happening to me :(

How about trying putting your PS3 IP in DMZ in your router? Did you try leaving everything automatic? Wired networking maybe?

Leeness

How about trying putting your PS3 IP in DMZ in your router? Did you try leaving everything automatic? Wired networking maybe?

I've tried a bunch of things for wireless. :( I don't know what you mean by DMZ into my router though. I've tried automatic, and some custom ones people on here have given me before.

I'm using wired right now and it works (though it said my router may not support "fragmented IP" and that my use my be restricted because of it. What does that even mean???). But I don't have a wire normally, I have to drag this one across a few rooms to use it. :(

kasane

I'm from Winnipeg and i wouldn't walk alone at night. Also looking for 3DS XL deals. I want one badly.

I've tried a bunch of things for wireless. :( I don't know what you mean by DMZ into my router though. I've tried automatic, and some custom ones people on here have given me before.

I'm using wired right now and it works (though it said my router may not support "fragmented IP" and that my use my be restricted because of it. What does that even mean???). But I don't have a wire normally, I have to drag this one across a few rooms to use it. :(

The problem can only be in your router anyway, but if it works even with some error messages then leave it as it is. When I'm playing outdoors I use my Iphone hotspot and it always give me those messages that my connection won't be that good but it works perfectly for online gameplay.
I'd say buy a new router, give it a try and if it doesn't make a difference return it.

Leeness

The problem can only be in your router anyway, but if it works even with some error messages then leave it as it is. When I'm playing outdoors I use my Iphone hotspot and it always give me those messages that my connection won't be that good but it works perfectly for online gameplay.
I'd say buy a new router, give it a try and if it doesn't make a difference return it.

It's an ~official Shaw~ modem/router, so...eh. I may just see if I can run another cord through my house because the wireless has never worked properly for my systems :(

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Curious - what cinema was this?

That's crazy. I've been living in Montreal since last year and I have no complaints so far.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Curious - what cinema was this?

Cineplex at Polo Park. My wording was kind of bad. The city is full of nice people but the sketchy ones are damn sketchy.

Also for the guy looking for 3DS XL deals: I don't think there's anything at the moment but just be a little patient. It's fairly easy to come across $30-$40 off at this point, so give it a couple weeks.

Or you can do like me: buy a used 3DS (preferably an Ambassdor unit) and play with it to see if you like it. If you do, get a XL, transfer all the games, and then sell the old unit.

Top Bottom