• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Is Miami Hotline worth buying? Any co-op game modes?

If it's at all like the PC version,

Yes, and no. Just single player twitch top down shooter/beat 'em up fuelled by psychedelic/retro visuals, a pounding soundtrack, and pure brutality. Its soundtrack uninterrupted by deaths, its lethality, and its completely punishment free failures give it a rhythm similar to Super Meat Boy.

If it's at all like the PC version,

Yes, and no. Just single player twitch top down shooter/beat 'em up fuelled by psychedelic/retro visuals, a pounding soundtrack, and pure brutality. Its soundtrack uninterrupted by deaths, its lethality, and its completely punishment free failures give it a rhythm similar to Super Meat Boy.

That's a pretty impressive review of the game, thanks a lot!
Appreciated :)

big_z

can someone pm me a staples 15 off 100, 20 off 150 or/and 10-25 off 75 coupon please. I want to push my 3ds price down a bit more so I can grab 3D land as well.

I had $10 and $20 coupons but they expired yesterday. I'm guessing its the same expiry date for everyone else's coupons.

That said I picked up the ps vita COD bundle for $200. Probably wont play the game but at least I got a memory card for PS+ games.

khaaan

Are the pulse headset codes still eligible? I gave mine to someone....but after reading so much about how the sound in The Last of Us is amazing and now I really want a pair. Would anybody kind enough to send me one?

Would sound still come out of my TV even when I'm wearing them? I know sometimes my brother likes to watch.

big_z

$50 code seems to work on Xbone pre-order even though it states it cannot be used.

It doesn't work they send an email saying the coupon is not allowed and you have 24 hours to decide if you want the order at full price or it will be cancelled.

Are the pulse headset codes still eligible? I gave mine to someone....but after reading so much about how the sound in The Last of Us is amazing and now I really want a pair. Would anybody kind enough to send me one?

Would sound still come out of my TV even when I'm wearing them? I know sometimes my brother likes to watch.
The Pulse (wireless dongle) takes over the sound when the headphones are turned on.

Sorry I'm so late with this, but I just got home--maybe someone on the West coast can still take advantage.

If you received one of the Staples $50 off a >=$90 console you can price match a Wii U Deluxe at the Source and get it for $250.

Lady wasn't pleased, but the PM and coupon are completely legit.

Told myself I'd wait until it hit $150. I am weak.

Staples Coupon Codes (quote to reveal)

Thursday - $30 off HDD over $100
Friday - $50 off Tablet over $299
Saturday - $75 off laptop over $499

Sorry I'm so late with this, but I just got home--maybe someone on the West coast can still take advantage.

If you received one of the Staples $50 off a >=$90 console you can price match a Wii U Deluxe at the Source and get it for $250.

Lady wasn't pleased, but the PM and coupon are completely legit.

Told myself I'd wait until it hit $150. I am weak.

Oh. Damn. I would do this. Does anyone have one of these coupons to share?

Oh wait. Hm. I got one of these coupons, but my staples is already closed. It'd work on the website, but I don't want to use the coupon on the website, then call them tomorrow and have them refuse to price match, or worse, for them to ship it to me and refuse to cancel before I can even call in in the morning. Wat do.

EDIT: Does their in-store return policy work on items that are bought with a coupon? If it ends up getting shipped, I can just take it back to the store for a full refund, right? Despite the fact that I got it with a coupon?

Double edit: Or it could just vanish the coupon from my coupon at checkout and leave me paying full price. Oh boy. Guess I better get up first thing in the morning to try to phone cancel.

Argh, does anyone have a Futureshop promo code for the Pulse headphones? Really want to get a pair for my brother, and I think the promo ends in an hour or so. Post ASAP if you do! Thanks.

Argh, does anyone have a Futureshop promo code for the Pulse headphones? Really want to get a pair for my brother, and I think the promo ends in an hour or so. Post ASAP if you do! Thanks.

Check the RFD thread--it is more active with headset codes...if it hasn't already expired...

Anyone buy a copy of Muramasa from FS/BB? Just wondering if their copy shipped or if this is Aksys being Aksys. lol

They should have it soon -- I just got a call from Microplay that they're getting their shipment in this afternoon, so I'd imagine that other stores should have it today or tomorrow.

Only downside is that I'm being forced to get the Collector's Edition, which is $10 more, and I have no desire to have all the extra stuff. So...uh...anyone in Ottawa want everything from the Muramasa CE *but* the game?

Apparently I got them to price match it down to $264.99. They added the cost of shipping to the price at The Source. Good deal, thanks for the heads up HDGaming42.

I ended up getting an Xbox One with the Staples coupon for $50 off yesterday. I think that is a good deal considering it brings the cost down to $449 at launch.

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a number of 200 GB OCZ SSDs available for sale at a really good deal if anyone is looking.

This is the model:
OCZ Deneva 200 GB 2.5" solid state drive (DENRSTE251M46-0200)

Here are a few links for people that want to check pricing if you go retail (most charge over $700):
http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products/11731023-OCZ_Technology-DENRSTE251M460200.html
http://shop.neobits.com/ocz_technol...ocz_deneva_r_2_5_200gb_ssd_mlc_1033045419.php

Selling for $150 each, all are brand new still in packaging with manufacturers warranty. I'm in the tech/hosting business and these were ordered for a project but no longer needed. 10 available.

Pickup in Markham/Scarborough or Whitby (Ontario), willing to trade for gaming/tech related gear as well.. If this isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove this post.

isny

napkin dispenser
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a number of 200 GB OCZ SSDs available for sale at a really good deal if anyone is looking.

This is the model:

Here are a few links for people that want to check pricing if you go retail (most charge over $700):
http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products/11731023-OCZ_Technology-DENRSTE251M460200.html
http://shop.neobits.com/ocz_technol...ocz_deneva_r_2_5_200gb_ssd_mlc_1033045419.php

Selling for $150 each, all are brand new still in packaging with manufacturers warranty. I'm in the tech/hosting business and these were ordered for a project but no longer needed. 10 available.

Pickup in Markham/Scarborough or Whitby (Ontario), willing to trade for gaming/tech related gear as well.. If this isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove this post.

Tempting. How hard would it be to throw one of these in my Alienware laptop to replace the current drive?

Conceptor

This is the model:

This is extremely tempting... I've only got about half of my Intel 80 filled but I'm sure I could pass it along to someone else.

Tempting. How hard would it be to throw one of these in my Alienware laptop to replace the current drive?

Most laptops are easy as pie.. Backup your drive, pop in the new one, and restore all your data. Depending on the laptop it should be pretty easy to find a guide on google.

You can also install these in a 3.5" bay using an bracket that cost $5 - $10

Gadirok

Yay, my FS finally got copies of Last of Us (it looked like 3 copies, haha).

I know what im doing all fucking night!

Is it really true that TLoU has been sold out across retailers? I find it hard to believe for a PS3 retail release. A few posters in this thread have been having trouble finding copies.

Curious to how much this game really sold.

Is it really true that TLoU has been sold out across retailers? I find it hard to believe for a PS3 retail release. A few posters in this thread have been having trouble finding copies.

I posted this a couple pages back, but i didn't find a copy until the 7th store i went to

2 stores in BC, 5 in Ontario

All of the Wal Marts in my area were sold out a few days ago. Not sure about BB/FS, etc.

Magnus

Are these pulse headsets everyone's enjoying the ones that are $50 at EBGames with a LOU purchase?

They seemed nice and all, but I can't imagine wearing those giant cans every time I wanted to play. Not by choice anyway; I get that you might want to keep it down for family/roommates etc. I'd much rather hear the sound throughout my room for the sake of realism and comfort. Nothing like the vibration of a good sub, too. To each his own though.

This is the model:

Are you doing local pick up only, or would you be willing to ship one across the country?

Are these pulse headsets everyone's enjoying the ones that are $50 at EBGames with a LOU purchase?

They seemed nice and all, but I can't imagine wearing those giant cans every time I wanted to play. Not by choice anyway; I get that you might want to keep it down for family/roommates etc. I'd much rather hear the sound throughout my room for the sake of realism and comfort. Nothing like the vibration of a good sub, too. To each his own though.

The "Stereo" headset is the one that's regular 99.99 being offered for $50 with TLoU. The Pulse headset is another $50. It's mostly just an updated version with an added bass vibration feature and a 3.5mm headphone jack.

I know what you mean, I don't usually like putting on a headset either. The last few days I've gotten a lot of use out of them though, and I honestly felt like I was getting more out of the audio experience in The Last of Us playing with the headset than with my sound system. Depending on what I'm doing though, I'm very happy to take them off and just listen through speakers. Feels more relaxed.

Yeah I had to return an extra copy that I accidentally had ordered to Best Buy last weekend and the girl there told me that they were sold out. Then on Monday at an EB Games I heard the guy there calling to another store to see if they had copies (they did), Sony either under shipped or its doing really, really well.

dream

I decided I wanted to try that game today too. Went to 11 different stores in Edmonton, a mix of Best Buys, Future Shops, EBs, GameStops, and even a Walmart -- nada.

I've never actually seen a non-cartridge game sold out everywhere like this before. It's weird.

stn

Any idea about the best deals for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (360), Dead Space 3 (360), and Deadly Premonition (PS3)?? Even $5 off would be great. Thanks folks!

Yawnier

Banned
I didn't have any trouble finding TLOU in my area actually, the first EB Games I went to in my area had copies.

New Leaf on the other hand, I only had to go to about 6 or so stores to find a copy.

Sajjaja

Any idea about the best deals for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (360), Dead Space 3 (360), and Deadly Premonition (PS3)?? Even $5 off would be great. Thanks folks!

DD has been $10 off a few times, so it might go on sale again soon.

Top Bottom