• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I'd just go S-video. I record S-video off my Wii all the time, and it's awesome compared with composite: very little difference between S-video and component except progressive scan, so component is really unnecessary if you're not even getting the benefit of progressive scan.

I actually decided between two used Hauppauge PVR's I've found; the original for $50 and the Gaming Edition for $80.

Original lacks HDMI in/out, and Wii U actually has no HDCP (I didn't know anything can lack it, I thought it was automatic in the connection for everything, 360 lacks it as well, PS3 has it).

Probably just better to serve up the extra $30 to get the better one in the long run.

I have the VDigi upscaler for my Wii and I wonder if that has HDCP or not.

Sora_N

Anyone in BC get the shoppers flyer at all? I got flyers on Wed and Today, I didnt get a shoppers one. I want to go pricematch at Bestbuy tomorrow but now I gotta go to a shoppers first to grab a flyer. Ugh.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone in BC get the shoppers flyer at all? I got flyers on Wed and Today, I didnt get a shoppers one. I want to go pricematch at Bestbuy tomorrow but now I gotta go to a shoppers first to grab a flyer. Ugh.

Why would you PM at BB if it's twenty times the points at SDM?

Sora_N

Why would you PM at BB if it's twenty times the points at SDM?

Only one store I've been to even has them in the shelves, there's no real guarantee I can get one at shoppers.

I just asked someone at BB, she said the PM may not work since it says limited so it would depend on luck too. This really sux.

zroid

Banned
FWIW, every Shoppers I go to seems to have 3DS and 3DS XL in stock. Those and DSis are everywhere. Of course I can only speak for the stores in my area.

Sora_N

FWIW, every Shoppers I go to seems to have 3DS and 3DS XL in stock. Those and DSis are everywhere. Of course I can only speak for the stores in my area.

some of the shoppers' here dont even sell games, i dont want to waste time looking too hard but I guess i'll map out where i want to check first.

I agree that 3DS is the most frequently available console at SDM, even though I find most of their store lacking any gaming stock at all. I'll be looking for a WiiU tomorrow and hopefully I'll find one before I go to work at 4pm lol

isny

napkin dispenser
Only one store I've been to even has them in the shelves, there's no real guarantee I can get one at shoppers.

I just asked someone at BB, she said the PM may not work since it says limited so it would depend on luck too. This really sux.

I almost want to offer to buy you one and ship it to you (at cost) for free for the crazy insane amount of points I'd be getting, lol

iphys

I think technically a local Shoppers would need to have one in stock in order to do the PM anyway, so you might as well try to find one at Shoppers. Go early, and ask, because sometimes they keep these things hidden out back. I know one Shoppers by me goes and hides the electronics whenever there is an event, so you have to ask. I managed to get a MK7 XL at that place after the holidays just because I knew to ask, and they had them safely hiding out back without even a display to advertise that they had them; otherwise, they would have been long, long gone.

big_z

how do the shoppers reward points work? if I bought the 3ds xl can I get back in line and use the points right away to get a game or is there a waiting period for the points to be credited to your account?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
how do the shoppers reward points work? if I bought the 3ds xl can I get back in line and use the points right away to get a game or is there a waiting period for the points to be credited to your account?
Yeah, you can use the points immediately. People tend to keep them for the special redemption days though.

Man, I found out about the Shoppers Optimum points thing just over a month ago, and I already have over 100,000 points.

I realllly hope they stock the PS4 within the first few months after it comes out, otherwise I suppose I can always get a Vita.

Man, I found out about the Shoppers Optimum points thing just over a month ago, and I already have over 100,000 points.

I realllly hope they stock the PS4 within the first few months after it comes out, otherwise I suppose I can always get a Vita.

I think you should be able to find one not long after the release but it'll take some searching time!

I finally spotted a SDM with 3DSXL, they have one of each red and blue! If I'm able to pick one which colour do you recommend?

Madouu

I think you should be able to find one not long after the release but it'll take some searching time!

I finally spotted a SDM with 3DSXL, they have one of each red and blue! If I'm able to pick one which colour do you recommend?

Deep in your heart, you know red is the best color.

bryehn

Amazon is really sucking it up with shipping these days, waited a week for PXZ before I just gave up and bought one at EB and SMT says it'll ship Friday. Boo.

zroid

Banned
w00t! My SMT IV shipped on Friday! Hopefully I get it on Monday.

Tracking says Monday for me, but the item doesn't even seem to have been picked up yet :\

Lazy ass postal workers on Friday. I don't care if the weekend starts in a few hours, DO YOUR DAMN ROUNDS!

Amazon is really sucking it up with shipping these days, waited a week for PXZ before I just gave up and bought one at EB and SMT says it'll ship Friday. Boo.

Oh, you're right :( (I just checked now...)

The only thing that will help the way (for me) will be that sweet Amazon dlc armor.... I looked at the gamestop dlc and it just wasn't as flashy as the Amazon one. ( If only Amazon were more reliable with games, though... )

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Conspiracy theory of them making shipping worse so people sign up for Prime isn't looking so crazy any more. :p

Price matched 2 3DS XLs (red & blue) at Future Shop this morning. I printed out the flyer from the SDM website and showed the sales person the ad from my phone (print-out quality wasn't very clear). I would have went to Best Buy but they did not have any red 3DS XLs. I bought these for my 2 boys.

zroid

Banned
Price matched 2 3DS XLs (red & blue) at Future Shop this morning. I printed out the flyer from the SDM website and showed the sales person the ad from my phone (print-out quality wasn't very clear). I would have went to Best Buy but they did not have any red 3DS XLs. I bought these for my 2 boys.

So I take it you got the pink one for yourself.

Good choice! :D

MarkusRJR

Any good deals for SDHC cards right now? I have $40 left on a prepaid credit card and I kind of want a new SD card. Any really fast 16gb or 32gb for that price with shipping.

Madouu

Tracking says Monday for me, but the item doesn't even seem to have been picked up yet :\

Lazy ass postal workers on Friday. I don't care if the weekend starts in a few hours, DO YOUR DAMN ROUNDS!

Says Monday for me too, item processed at Missassauga. Fingers crossed for Monday because that's the only time my girlfriend can pick it up t.t

Wait smt is out early? I just got a call from eb games but I cant check my voice mail. Oh shit, oh shit

Anyone know why I cant? Im with fido

khaaan

Wait smt is out early? I just got a call from eb games but I cant check my voice mail. Oh shit, oh shit

Why can't you check it? Do you not know your password? I think it defaults to the last four digits of your phone number.

i.e. If my number was 647-123-4567 then my default VM password would be 4567

bought a wii u for the 20x points promo at Shopper's Drug Mart... system update is taking years

Same here, taking forever to updat!

This's what I got from SDM today :)

fz7ADJNl.jpg

Daigr

The last few new releases I've bought from amazon have not shipped till Friday after release. SMT IV will be my last purchase from them.

Why can't you check it? Do you not know your password? I think it defaults to the last four digits of your phone number.

i.e. If my number was 647-123-4567 then my default VM password would be 4567
When I call my number it automatically hangs up on me. I dont know why.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

they were calling to tell you that you can pick up your damn game on Tuesday like every other scrub.

Called me this morning to tell me that. I was like 'wtf....really?'

"and remember, you can bring in your games to trade in to pay less"
"I...already paid off the game"
"Oh...."

sigh...

they were calling to tell you that you can pick up your damn game on Tuesday like every other scrub.

Called me this morning to tell me that. I was like 'wtf....really?'

"and remember, you can bring in your games to trade in to pay less"
"I...already paid off the game"
"Oh...."

sigh...
Ah, I didnt know it was out so soon. Thought It was out at the end of the month. Sweet!

cool.

has anyone got Nintendo TVii to work with a Rogers digital cable box properly? every time I try to watch a show it just opens the quick search page for some reason..

I'm with Telus Optik TV and still didn't try that, but I was glad it can control both the digital box and the TV set with almost no setup, tbh I had no idea it was a feature in the WiiU lol

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Is Future Shop safe to pre-order from for Shin Megami Tensei IV? They don't list the limited-edition art book or CD, so I'm not paying $50 for just the regular old game when every other retailer has the limited-edition stuff included.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...118063052a0a7e0c7e00498en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Also I guess there's no way to get the E3 promo on this now...

All first prints are limited edition so unless it's some scummy site that guts them you should be fine.

ohlawd

FS shouldn't gut it so you should be OK.

But I've seen Project x Zone by itself with no artbook at my local FS. What's funny is that the LE is still in stock so they're both sitting side by side for $40.

I'm with Telus Optik TV and still didn't try that, but I was glad it can control both the digital box and the TV set with almost no setup, tbh I had no idea it was a feature in the WiiU lol

I can get it to control the cable box perfectly from when I push the TV button on the gamepad, but when I try to launch something from TVii it just opens search. Can't figure this out =/

Cynar

I forgot it was 20x points at shoppers and just spent $44. I would've bought eye drops to make the threshold. Damn it. :(

Top Bottom