• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sora_N

Anyone know if you have to be at Best Buy to get the animal crossing stuff? We went to the store but it was closed and standing outside the store didn't really work.

I tried renaming my wifi hotspot on my android phone didn't seem to work although it detects a nintendo zone.

Anyone know if you have to be at Best Buy to get the animal crossing stuff? We went to the store but it was closed and standing outside the store didn't really work.

I tried renaming my wifi hotspot on my android phone didn't seem to work although it detects a nintendo zone.

Apparently, you have to literally connect to the Best buy wireless, not nintendo zone, go into the game and then go to the post office inside the game to get the dlc....

I know they actually found a work-around to that (which someone may have posted here too) ... but I'm not entirely sure if I should be saying it here...

Ondore

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised the one unit in the province of Nova Scotia is at the Halifax Shopping Centre... might be there anyway for Streetpass-related reasons on Sunday though, so I might stumble in and check it out.

zroid

Banned
Hmmm, on second thought, Warden & Eglinton isn't too bad for me. It's pretty close to the DVP and apparently there's plenty of parking. Might drop in, depending on my mood. :p

Sora_N

Apparently, you have to literally connect to the Best buy wireless, not nintendo zone, go into the game and then go to the post office inside the game to get the dlc....

I know they actually found a work-around to that (which someone may have posted here too) ... but I'm not entirely sure if I should be saying it here...

I already mentioned that trick as well, don't think there's an issue with that honestly.

I guess I have to go back to the store soon.

zroid

Banned

My guess is you aren't manually setting up the connection on the 3DS? Even when you rename the SSID to "Bestbuy" and remove encryption, you can't do it like a real Nintendo Zone for whatever reason.

But it does work flawlessly once you set up the connection.

Quick

Banned
I have a $100 Best Buy gift card. Not sure what to do with it.

Already pre-ordered a PS4 and GTAV, and there's nothing else I'm looking to pre-order at the moment.

kasane

I have a $100 Best Buy gift card. Not sure what to do with it.

Already pre-ordered a PS4 and GTAV, and there's nothing else I'm looking to pre-order at the moment.
Give it to me.
Of course I'm joking unless you were sent by the heavens.

Sora_N

My guess is you aren't manually setting up the connection on the 3DS? Even when you rename the SSID to "Bestbuy" and remove encryption, you can't do it like a real Nintendo Zone for whatever reason.

But it does work flawlessly once you set up the connection.

Hmm I couldn't find a tutorial that told me what I needed to set exactly.

Does the Animal Crossing stuff work though from that method? If it doesn't I don't think I"ll bother since it seems like a hassle.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Managed to buy a 3DS XL with mario kart 7 for 159$ and 20x points at SDM on saturday! My girlfriend was almost happy that i buy a gaming portable due to all the points hehe.

Bought FE so far, tomorow SMT IV.

Btw, if i bought FE digitally, where's the code for the club nintendo? Or is it done automatically?

You just need to link your console to your Club Nintendo account and all your digital purchases will be added automatically, you'll just need to log in and complete the survey!

Just read the news about Loblaws acquiring SDM, I'm not really happy with these news! Somehow I see SDM level taking a dip!

http://globalnews.ca/news/717262/loblaw-companies-limited-to-acquire-shoppers-drug-mart/

big_z

How did you get one that came with Mario Kart?

i also got the Mario kart bundle, all 3ds XL systems scan the same, even the bundles so if you were lucky to find a bundle you could get it for the sale price.

if you factor in Mario kart and $43 points credit that's a $75 3ds xl, possibly the best deal for the system to date.

not many people buy games from shoppers so they tend to have older stock. when something seems to be sold out like fire emblem/last of us/animal crossing always check shoppers and staples. odds are you'll find copies at those stores when everywhere else is sold out.

Lexxism

i also got the Mario kart bundle, all 3ds XL systems scan the same, even the bundles so if you were lucky to find a bundle you could get it for the sale price.

if you factor in Mario kart and $43 points credit that's a $75 3ds xl, possibly the best deal for the system to date.

Yeah. It's pretty sweet deal. I got my MK7 XL for $150 last boxing day.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
You just need to link your console to your Club Nintendo account and all your digital purchases will be added automatically, you'll just need to log in and complete the survey!

Just read the news about Loblaws acquiring SDM, I'm not really happy with these news! Somehow I see SDM level taking a dip!

http://globalnews.ca/news/717262/loblaw-companies-limited-to-acquire-shoppers-drug-mart/

I find that Loblaws marks down a ton of things, he had hot shots for 7 bucks, mgs green psp bundle for 59.99, PS2 silver for 24.99, save the tax day, etc.

zroid

Banned
Hmm I couldn't find a tutorial that told me what I needed to set exactly

Does the Animal Crossing stuff work though from that method? If it doesn't I don't think I"ll bother since it seems like a hassle.

Yea it works, it's how I've been getting the AC stuff so far. It sounds like a hassle but it's really a lot easier than going to Best Buy, where chances are it might not even work anyway, if they don't have things set up right on their end.

What I mean by "setup" is just like what you have to do normally in the 3DS Internet settings. Search for the "Bestbuy" network and add the connection. You don't even have to remove the encryption for it to work, so I just momentarily change the name of the SSID on my router, grab the DLC, and change it back. Takes like a couple minutes.

oh wow. hope this doesn't affect the Optimum program. Says here SDM will start selling PC products, and there's already a PC Rewards program at Loblaws so... who knows. Better not ruin my chances of getting a deeply discounted PS4 around launch, oi!

Yasumi

Banned
IMG_20130715_100112.jpg

Oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh it came. The guide's really nice. Popping in the game right now.

I just received a writing assignment that needs to be done tonight. Even if I receive SMT IV, I will need to wait before I can play. Damn all responsibility.

DaBoss

SMTIV is out now huh? I don't think I'll pick it up right now since I'm playing other games at the moment. Will probably pick it up later.

TheExodu5

Banned
Looks like I'll be trading in my original 3DS to EB for Steam credit. $87 isn't too bad. I might trade in my DS Lite as well...it's only worth $26 but god knows I will never use it again. I'll be keeping my DSi XL and 3DS XL.

Yasumi

Banned
Hopefully that means they'll just stuff it in my box and i won't have to go pick it up. They got a Wii U game in my box so i assume that will fit as well.

I got a knock on the door, and it was the regular mail carrier. It might depend on who's delivering it.

KarmaCow

It's about the size of two dvd cases stacked on top of each other so it should be fine. The mail guy just opened my screendoor and placed it inside.

No_Style

Looks like I'll be trading in my original 3DS to EB for Steam credit. $87 isn't too bad. I might trade in my DS Lite as well...it's only worth $26 but god knows I will never use it again. I'll be keeping my DSi XL and 3DS XL.
About the DS Lite. Wouldn't you get more if you sold it to others? It does have GBA BC...

xCobalt

So I preordered watchdogs for the 360 during the E3 promotion. Is it possible to change it to a different console? Would I have to call them?

Top Bottom