• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tons of SMT4 at FS. Shouldn't have bothered to order from Amazon. Now I have to wait for UPS to leave a slip and make a trip to the store the next day.

Can't even remember why I preordered on amazon. No sale price or anything.

The Amazon coat dlc?

Yeah, at least the previous times I preordered from Amazon and they didn't deliver? They outright didn't have it on stock for the time it wasn't delivered to me. Didn't charge me until it was out either.

And that Zelda game guide limited edition set is wonderful... just so pricey. With Xillia out next month, no way I can afford that :(

Just received my promotional code for SMT IV.... but so far no shipping notif for my game.

For anyone else who's ordered from Amazon before: Do they usually send the dlc before the actual game is ready or is this a sign I'll get a shipment notif by today?

zroid

Banned
oh nice, didn't even occur to me that this Zelda set would count as a "book" instead of a boutique item. only 5% tax!

iphys

Has anyone ever managed to successfully add a FutureShop gift card to a pre-order to change payment method after ordering? I got a $60 card from trades that I want to apply to my E3 orders, and I've tried them all, and most of the orders wouldn't even let me "apply" it, and the one that did wouldn't allow me to actually complete the payment change for it.

Tola

Neo Member
Has anyone ever managed to successfully add a FutureShop gift card to a pre-order to change payment method after ordering? I got a $60 card from trades that I want to apply to my E3 orders, and I've tried them all, and most of the orders wouldn't even let me "apply" it, and the one that did wouldn't allow me to actually complete the payment change for it.

I've managed to do it a few times, but the FS site is quite glitchy. I would keep trying until it works, or call customer service to apply it for you.

Tried that before and never had any luck, call them to save your time and frustration ;)

Sulla1980

Just received my limited edition SMT IV (futureshop preorder).

This is quite the package! Maybe I should leave it wrapped and sell it someday.

Nah

Had the same problem last week, wrote to them and they added the gift card in less than 1 hour.

Need help:

Anyone been in Superstores have found a copy of Sonic Unleashed Wii that comes with the bonus DVD? I had one, but it got lost in a complicated move.

I can just scout the ones in Toronto, but it'd be handy if anyone has seen any.

Better; if anyone has bought one anywhere in Canada, they can tell me what the fuck it is!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah since there's no tax. I guess I can print my own case, and no point having the 'retail' version. lol
For $10.60 extra (that includes 13% tax) at retail you get a box and a pin. It's up to you if you think that's worth it.

Yeah since there's no tax. I guess I can print my own case, and no point having the 'retail' version. lol

Well since both are digital I can't see the value especially since its not a huge release after all lol

Starting this Friday:

BB: 1 year subscription of PS+ for $44.99
BB: PS3 new owner's kit for $29.99 (HOT)
WM: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS $19.99
EB: Ni No Kuni $30 (current)
Also trade 5 games take $200 of PS3 at BB and same with 360 at FS

No_Style

Anyone here looking for a copy of DMC4 for PC? I have this extra Steam key I would like to trade for Fez, Dust: An Elysian Tale or The Witcher 2. Just drop me a PM.

We can wait for one of these games to get back on sale as well.

Do the PSN card have expiration? I mean, I'm not planning yet to redeem it and waiting for PS4 to come. Is that fine?

I think you're totally fine, only thing that has an expiry date is when you get a promotional credit code sent to you and you would need to redeem it within a certain time!

Quick

Banned
Do they charge tax on PS+ cards? Or is it like PSN cards? If there's no tax, it might be a decent deal.

No tax, I'm pretty sure.

Chapters has the Zelda Guide Box Set listed now for $129.15 (about 60 cents less than Amazon.ca). More importantly, they also have a promo atm where you can get $5 off any purchase over $25. Use promo code "5off".

Not a big difference from Amazon.ca, but it's something.

And remember: this is an online only deal. Don't expect to see it available to pre-order in store for the same price (would be cool if it is).

I don't think anything has been announced but it doesn't come out until a month after the PSN/WiiU/Steam versions.

Oh, perhaps I'll get it on Steam then if the money is right........no point buying XBL games

Oh right, I don't have a good controller for my laptop lol

(hint - link me to a cheap device to use my 360 controller on the PC)

Cynar

Oh, perhaps I'll get it on Steam then if the money is right........no point buying XBL games

Oh right, I don't have a good controller for my laptop lol

(hint - link me to a cheap device to use my 360 controller on the PC)
I bought a knockoff wireless receiver from deal extreme which works fine. Under $15.

Top Bottom