• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

DaBoss

Speaking of DSi XL, what's the price for them? New or used would be fine. I would rather play DS games on a DSi XL, those things are lovely.

Lexxism

Speaking of DSi XL, what's the price for them? New or used would be fine. I would rather play DS games on a DSi XL, those things are lovely.

The ebgames have it for $130(new) and $100(used). I tried checking other retailers, they all just have a DSi.

Sora_N

Darn it, FS still hasn't shipped my DW8.

Mine hasn't shipped either.

I got the copy of SMTIV that I ordered by accident today, dammit I wish I sorta wanted this game so it would be surprising to get it a day early lol.

Bit random but Freakyforms Deluxe is on sale for $12 at Chapters
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/enter...e-your-creations-alive/045496742294-item.html

Good price if you had any interest in the game.

Wow that price is pretty easy to digest. Probably gonna grab it, thanks!

It looks like Amazon has charged my card for SMT IV ... but not sent me a shipped notif yet. I hope this means I'm getting this soon rather than week later like their "shipping estimates" say....

Madouu

It got delivered! My girlfriend unboxed it live on skype haha. Hopefully, I'll get to play it soon. She also tried to input the CN code but she got a nice "this product hasn't been released yet" error message on the webpage. I'm pleasantly surprised by futureshop!

frequency

My SMT4 and DW8 are on the same order and scheduled to ship together. I guess that's why I haven't gotten SMT4 shipped or even charged on my card yet. This is dumb. You are dumb FutureShop! Dumb!

I'm going to cry now.

Sora_N

My SMT4 and DW8 are on the same order and scheduled to ship together. I guess that's why I haven't gotten SMT4 shipped or even charged on my card yet. This is dumb. You are dumb FutureShop! Dumb!

I'm going to cry now.

I had a feeling this might happen for DW8, I guess I have to pick up my EB Preorder cuz I really want to play it tomorrow lol.

btkadams

i'm really surprised that i got smt4 in the mail today. doesn't it come out tomorrow? i've ordered a lot from fs and they've never been early. they're often late.

iphys

Hope that the Loblaws purchase of Shoppers doesn't adversely alter the points program in anyway.

Well, at least Loblaws isn't a greedy company I don't think. I doubt there will be any sudden changes, but maybe over a few years things will gradually change.

zroid

Banned
I don't remember exactly what they said, but when I was watching the press briefing this morning, the two companies' rewards programs were brought up. It seems they have something planned.

ohlawd

k looks like I'm getting SMTIV tomorrow. Oh well.

Going to EB to pick up my preorder then head on to BB to get a second copy.

Sora_N

I checked my order, looks like they shipped my DW8 (Futureshop) but I think I'm still gonna go get a copy from EB first since I have to go out anyways and put down $5 already.

frequency

I checked my order, looks like they shipped my DW8 (Futureshop) but I think I'm still gonna go get a copy from EB first since I have to go out anyways and put down $5 already.

I think FutureShop hates me. They haven't even charged my card yet. SMT4 shows as "In Stock" and DW8 as "Out of Stock". But they are put together in the same shipment.

frequency

I don't really mind waiting for these 2 games except I am concerned about the first print bonus for SMT4. If I have to wait for DW8 to come back in stock and if by the time it does SMT4 sells out, I'll have to wait for that to be restocked. And when that is restocked, it will be without the first print bonus.

And then I will cry some more.

I guess I should wait until end of tomorrow since DW8 doesn't officially release until tomorrow. And if nothing has happened, I'll try to find someone to take me to buy SMT4 locally and I'll use that receipt to return the one that comes in the mail eventually. Or maybe I can just order it again online and then mail one back with the new order receipt.

iphys

Bonus redemption at Shoppers on the 20th/21st. 95,000 points for $200 or 50,000 for $100. PS3 320 GB Move bundle for $200.

How available have new consoles been at Shoppers Drug Mart during and after launch? I'm thinking of using my points toward a PS4 purchase, but I'm wondering if I'll have to wait until 2014 to get one (which I'd probably want to do anyway since none of the launch titles entice me).

zroid

Banned
How available have new consoles been at Shoppers Drug Mart during and after launch? I'm thinking of using my points toward a PS4 purchase, but I'm wondering if I'll have to wait until 2014 to get one (which I'd probably want to do anyway since none of the launch titles entice me).

Well the last four consoles released were all available on day one (Wii U, 3DS XL, PSV, 3DS). They didn't have the black Wii U sku, however, until a couple months later, iirc.

iphys

Well the last four consoles released were all available on day one (Wii U, 3DS XL, PSV, 3DS). They didn't have the black Wii U sku, however, until a couple months later, iirc.

The Deluxe was actually in their flyer for launch, but then Nintendo failed to send any Deluxes to Shoppers or the Source and probably some other places too. Nintendo really goofed up by making too many Basics and not enough Deluxes, and then failing to distribute them fairly. I doubt that will happen again.

Why do I feel like if I hadn't preordered and just ordered SMT IV today from Amazon, I'd be getting a shipment confirmation much sooner? It's listed as "In Stock" on their website right now but my order is still in "Shipping Soon" status.

I hope my copy ships out today considering they've already charged my card :(

Anyone in Toronto able to help me out?

Would one of you be willing to buy these Wii Component cables off of Monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=5689&seq=1&format=2

And I will pay you the exact amount?

I don't want to use my bank card and I don't want to spend on a prepaid credit card.

Just meet me downtown when you have the cables and I'll pay you for them. :)

Edit: Then again, the shipping to Toronto will bump it to over $7...

So I have a PS3 slim 250GB with 15 games and the Move bundle. I want to flip it toward getting a Wii U, where's the best place to do this? Any good trade-in promotions? Most of my PS3 games are exclusives, so I don't think they're worth very much. I'm planning on flipping it once I finish playing through the Last of Us.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone in Toronto able to help me out?

Would one of you be willing to buy these Wii Component cables off of Monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

And I will pay you the exact amount?

I don't want to use my bank card and I don't want to spend on a prepaid credit card.

Just meet me downtown when you have the cables and I'll pay you for them. :)

Edit: Then again, the shipping to Toronto will bump it to over $7...

Have you tried DX.com? They do paypal.

Sheik

Why do I feel like if I hadn't preordered and just ordered SMT IV today from Amazon, I'd be getting a shipment confirmation much sooner? It's listed as "In Stock" on their website right now but my order is still in "Shipping Soon" status.

I hope my copy ships out today considering they've already charged my card :(

Yeah, this is pretty bogus. I ordered my copy in April and Amazon.ca says it will be shipped out on July 19th with an estimated delivery date of July 25th. What is the point of pre-ordering if they aren't even going to ship on release date? I will probably never pre-order from Amazon again and will just stick with Futureshop/BB/EB Games from now on.

Hyunkel6

I'm short on MS points. Do all codes from crazygametime.com work on Canadian accounts? I'm thinking about buying the 800 MS code. Thanks.

Lexxism

I finally found a SDM store which sells consoles. I'm quite tempted to buy the WiiU deluxe there but I'm gonna wait till they have a sale on WiiU with 20x.

So I have a PS3 slim 250GB with 15 games and the Move bundle. I want to flip it toward getting a Wii U, where's the best place to do this? Any good trade-in promotions? Most of my PS3 games are exclusives, so I don't think they're worth very much. I'm planning on flipping it once I finish playing through the Last of Us.

Kijiji is your best bet, this way you will have cash in your hands then you decide where to get it, I'd suggest you wait for a 20X points event at SDM unless a serious discount is offered somewhere else which I doubt.

My SMT IV is out for delivery today with Purelator even though I ordered late Sunday night but as always Purelator don't seem to deliver, the freaking driver will keep it with him and just report that nobody answered the door, happens to me all the time with them! They are pretty fast at bringing stuff from ON to AB then their drivers just ruin it!!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Saw Wario64 tweet about the Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide that's $153 on Amazon.com and thought I'd share that it's $130 on Amazon.ca.

5176rt4NYoL._SL500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0804161380/

• The guides will be contained in a unique, high quality box that is The Legend of Zelda™ themed and held closed by an embedded magnetic clasp.

• An individually numbered certificate of authenticity will be included for collectors, with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma, Producer/Director for The Legend of Zelda™ series.

• A high quality, 2-sided laser etched metallic bookmark will be included with the box set to help players keep their spot in over 2,000 pages of The Legend of Zelda™ strategies. The bookmark is 7.5 x 2.5 inches and includes a protective case.

• The set includes 6 hardcover collector’s editions for The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D, The Legend of Zelda™: Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda™: Phantom Hourglass, The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda™: Twilight Princess, and The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword. Many of these hard cover guides are out of print and not available anywhere else.

• All 6 of the guides will be on high quality paper with gilded edges, giving the guides a gold shine along the pages.

• For the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set.

• The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword guide has been revised and expanded by over 100 pages.

• This limited edition set will only be printed once, when it is sold out they will be gone forever!

zroid

Banned
Oh wow. Damn, I want that... :X

F it, I'm pre-ordering. I can always cancel later anyway. Plenty of time to decide.

Preordered that box set, it's so expensive though :(

Also as I predicted Purelator updated the tracking info as attempted delivery and now they want me to go pick it up from their depot on the other side of the city!!!! Main reason I hate shopping online with EB!

Chatin

Tons of SMT4 at FS. Shouldn't have bothered to order from Amazon. Now I have to wait for UPS to leave a slip and make a trip to the store the next day.

Can't even remember why I preordered on amazon. No sale price or anything.

Top Bottom