• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Thanks for the heads up! Way cheaper than the Amazon.ca price at the moment.

By the way, in case anyone else is interested, you can get Spirit Camera for the 3ds for $10 off their website right now.

Looks like Amazon.ca raised the price again to $129.77, earlier today they dropped it to $102.99 and adjusted all current preorders to that price!

DJ_Lae

Looks like Amazon.ca raised the price again to $129.77, earlier today they dropped it to $102.99 and adjusted all current preorders to that price!

Nice, just checked, and sure enough there's a $108 order total for that item.

I may keep that order after all.

Nice, just checked, and sure enough there's a $108 order total for that item.

I may keep that order after all.

That's what I did!

I wanna buy Star Wars The Complete Saga but I honestly i don't wanna pay $80 for them, do you guys know any way I can get them for cheaper?

This is Pillow GAF-worthy, but Safeway has a promo on where if you buy 4 (or more) Fanta 12-packs ($2.88 each) you get a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Cineplex movie ticket ($12-$20 value).

Neki

This is Pillow GAF-worthy, but Safeway has a promo on where if you buy 4 (or more) Fanta 12-packs ($2.88 each) you get a Buy 1 Get 1 Free Cineplex movie ticket ($12-$20 value).

That's not taking into account the deposit fees + recycle fees though.

Big Chungus

Does anyone know if you bought Last of Us from Futureshop instore you would receive $10 off any video game in July?

Thought I read that on the flyer last month but I can't see the coupon anywhere on the receipt...

Does anyone know if you bought Last of Us from Futureshop instore you would receive $10 off any video game in July?

Thought I read that on the flyer last month but I can't see the coupon anywhere on the receipt...

I guess it was only the $50 off a headset, no $10 coupons as far as I remember.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Semi-related question, but how widespread are fake chinese knockoffs for the WiiU Pro Controller? I really want to get one, but $50 is a but too much for me. There's a lot of cheap ones on eBay and Kijiji, but I'm afraid of getting a fake one. I know I should obviously avoid listings from China, but am I at risk if I order something for Canada/USA?

Hey guys, I have a question about UPS. I ordered The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy books on Amazon and it's coming with UPS. I will not be home during the day this week and their office is too far for me to reach. Do they accept a signed paper saying that they can leave it at the door or I am just screwed?

Thanks!

evanmisha

Hey guys, I have a question about UPS. I ordered The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy books on Amazon and it's coming with UPS. I will not be home during the day this week and their office is too far for me to reach. Do they accept a signed paper saying that they can leave it at the door or I am just screwed?

Thanks!

YMMV, but in my experience, you're screwed.

Tuck

:O If that comes back in stock I my bite. Though I'd end up buying all the upcoming games at full price so in the end I may not end up saving money.

chrono01

Yeah, I just checked my pre-order. The price was adjusted to just under $103 [despite the site now listing the price it was prior]. That's incredible.

I pre-ordered this on instinct but honestly, at that price, I think I'll just go ahead with the purchase after all. For a little over $100 that's a lot of content!

Big Chungus

I guess it was only the $50 off a headset, no $10 coupons as far as I remember.

Found the flyer page:

kZlQnFA.jpg

Should I just print it out and bring my receipt to Futureshop?

Archaon

I was just looking through my E3 Future Shop preorders when suddenly my PS4 preorder was now listed as $0 and says that it has been canceled. Anyone else have this happen...? I've sent an e-mail to customer service, but I'm hoping I haven't just lost my chance at a launch PS4.

I was just looking through my E3 Future Shop preorders when suddenly my PS4 preorder was now listed as $0 and says that it has been canceled. Anyone else have this happen...? I've sent an e-mail to customer service, but I'm hoping I haven't just lost my chance at a launch PS4.
What the hell? Mine says order cancelled too.

Okay, so I'm pissed.

I called Futureshop's line to see what was going on with my cancelled PS4 preorder. For the record, I made the preorder a day or two after the preorders went live.

So I get a customer representative who puts me on hold for a few minutes to check because she can't figure it out. She comes back and says that Futureshop gave me a call to verify the preorder (she can't tell me when this happened) and sent out a verification email, since I didn't reply to either it got cancelled.

First off, no verification email. I check every FS email I get (which is a lot, considering I've had GTA5 and The Last Guardian preordered for over a year) and I don't delete any of them. I just checked my inbox, and the only PS4 email I got was the confirmation for the preorder. So that was a lie or they forgot or something.

As for the phone call, my credit card phone number is a house phone number which rarely gets answered. The number is tied to my credit card, so when she asked why I didn't use my cell phone, I said that the billing information most likely wouldn't go through, plus I've never ever received a phone call for any preorder before from Futureshop.

So I asked to get put through to a manager. The manager was a smooth-talking woman, who, after I explained everything, suggested I place a new preorder. I told her that I was worried that placing a preorder now would mean I wouldn't get one at launch, and she assured me that all preorders will get filled. I asked her if that meant I would get one at launch, and she said, "Right now the PS4 is slated for November 30th and that's when our preorders will get filled, yes." Again I asked if that meant I would still get one at launch, and again she phrased it in such a way that didn't guarantee it. It honesty felt like talking to a Microsoft PR at E3 just before the DRM switch.

So I said, "Please just say, if you preorder it right now you will get one the day it comes out, and I'll do that." Her voice suddenly became exasperated and she said, "Yes, you'll get it day one."

I tried explaining the phone number conundrum and she suggested I try calling my bank. I explained it very clearly that the CC I used doesn't have my cell phone number tied to it and FS doesn't seem to let me put a preferred number in my profile, and she again told me to contact my bank. So I gave up trying to explain the issue there.

So I've made a new preorder now, on a different CC that has my cell number tied to it.

And if I don't get a launch day PS4, I am going to be kind of furious. Worst part is there's no one I can hold accountable here. We'll see, I guess, and I encourage everyone to check their preorder status.

Lexxism

What the hell? Mine says order cancelled too.

I tried checking mine. This is what I see right now

D9jcQHb.png

I hope they didn't cancel my pre-orders!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was getting that error and then it just worked right now and it's still there for me.

"Order Status: In Progress"
Is the order total 0.00 for you on those orders? I've got several that are just zeroed out. But now I'm getting that error as well when I click on them.

My PS4 preorder is fine, most of my E3 games preorders are screwed though :-@
WTF FS, looks like their system has shit its pants and many of us will suffer or they are targeting people who really took advantage of E3 offer!

Does anyone think that will be the cheapest BLOPS2 will get?
Also WTF. Why is PS3 Black ops more expensive than the 360 version...

That's an old flyer back from June!

Top Bottom