• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Glad I got most of my 2 for $60 gift card trades in during the first half of the year at FS. Not sure when that's coming back. I have a couple more I could do right now.

zroid

Banned
Buncha pretty good DS games dropped to $0.99 at EB. No online stock so ymmv in-stores.

some which caught my eye:

- Golden Sun Dark Dawn
- WarioWare D.I.Y.
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
- Glory or Heracles

Every there's a deal for 3DS and I don't get it I regret it a week after; that SDM deal was fantastic; does anyone know of any other deal for 3DS XL?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Buncha pretty good DS games dropped to $0.99 at EB. No online stock so ymmv in-stores.

- Golden Sun Dark Dawn
- WarioWare D.I.Y.
- Glory or Heracles

Are they labelled at $1, or you have to ask the employees to check? I remember getting Chibi Robo for $1 a couple of months ago, but I think the sticker was still at $20.

zroid

Banned
Are they labelled at $1, or you have to ask the employees to check? I remember getting Chibi Robo for $1 a couple of months ago, but I think the sticker was still at $20.

Not sure, but they're listed online for $0.99 so they should scan in at the same price in the stores

- Golden Sun Dark Dawn
- WarioWare D.I.Y.
- Glory or Heracles

I bought Golden Sun for $5 and still haven't played it. I ain't even mad anymore.

Sin & Punishment is $0.99 new.

MarkusRJR

Is there any different between Quebec versions of games and normal Canadian copies? I'm buying a few games on ebay but some are from Quebec so I thought I'd ask.

Is there any different between Quebec versions of games and normal Canadian copies? I'm buying a few games on ebay but some are from Quebec so I thought I'd ask.

You better make sure they're not French version cause I always see at FS trade-in list some games listed as French version! Never had any of them but you better make sure before you buy them! The majority will be bilingual as usual though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone here recommend me a good package forwarding service from the US to Canada? I used to use gamesforcanada.com but the guy running it has been very unresponsive as of lately.

Can anyone here recommend me a good package forwarding service from the US to Canada? I used to use gamesforcanada.com but the guy running it has been very unresponsive as of lately.

I don't know a specific service but I remember someone talking about a guy from CAG offering this service for a small fee! Hopefully someone will provide a link or something.

isny

napkin dispenser

I just spoke with Goomba and he'll be in touch.

Are there any spots in Canada to buy reasonably priced 3d blu rays other then eBay?

Half rant - does every 3d have to be in some 50 disc "ultimate collectors edition" for $50? can they not just sell the 3d version for 20 bucks, and i can buy the 2d one for another $20 if i want?

zroid

Banned
The price dropped yet again :lol

cB0i7BO.png

Chapters' "5off" coupon is no longer valid, but thankfully they have a monthly $5 off coupon, which does apply here. The code is "JulyCoupon".

Same price at Amazon as well.

zroid

Banned
So our current preorders will go down to that price?

Supposedly, but I don't shop enough from Amazon to know how their pre-order price protection works. I checked my order and the price was still the same as before. :(

So I canceled and re-ordered it at the lower price. Also put one in at Chapters 'cause of the $5 coupon. But I'm keeping Amazon for now, just in case Chapters gets short shrift by the publisher... like with the Hyrule Historia Limited Edition.

quick question.

I pre ordered my ps4 from Amazon.ca back when it was announced. Will it be at my doorsetep on launch day like Futureshop or will i have to wait a couple of days?

Lexxism

Yeah, they should be. They have this policy on pre-orders.

Amazon.ca's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. The price charged when we ship the item will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.ca between the time the order was placed and the end of the day on the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Note:
The Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.ca, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference within 48 hours of the release date.

I've been searching on Google, and can't find any sort of adapter to connect my GC controller to my PS2, but I have NO trouble finding adapters for connecting a PS2 controller to GC... :/

Anyone know if there are any of the former online or elsewhere?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mine has already been adjusted automatically. It just takes a bit for it to happen.

Supposedly, but I don't shop enough from Amazon to know how their pre-order price protection works. I checked my order and the price was still the same as before. :(

So I canceled and re-ordered it at the lower price. Also put one in at Chapters 'cause of the $5 coupon. But I'm keeping Amazon for now, just in case Chapters gets short shrift by the publisher... like with the Hyrule Historia Limited Edition.
You didn't need to and hopefully putting yourself further down in the queue doesn't screw you over.

zroid

Banned
You didn't need to and hopefully putting yourself further down in the queue doesn't screw you over.

Darn, well no big deal, I'm more likely going to stick with Chapters since it's a bit cheaper and I can return for free at a store if need be. Just hope they actually get them, lol.

FrsDvl

quick question.

I pre ordered my ps4 from Amazon.ca back when it was announced. Will it be at my doorsetep on launch day like Futureshop or will i have to wait a couple of days?

I thought Future Shop and Best Buys policies say that they will ship on launch date, and not before? I know that's what they did with the Wii U anyways. I think Amazon ships a few days in advanced to try and guarantee launch date delivery. I've heard from people they sometimes received their stuff a day or two in advanced cause of that.

zroid

Banned
I thought Future Shop and Best Buys policies say that they will ship on launch date, and not before? I know that's what they did with the Wii U anyways. I think Amazon ships a few days in advanced to try and guarantee launch date delivery. I've heard from people they sometimes received their stuff a day or two in advanced cause of that.

Wii U shipped by Best Buy before launch day (for me anyway). It was released on Sunday and they shipped it out on Friday. Same goes for most games I pre-order, except for the rare cases where they didn't have them in stock until the day of or later. Mostly this happens with Xseed and Atlus games.

FrsDvl

Wii U shipped by Best Buy before launch day (for me anyway). It was released on Sunday and they shipped it out on Friday. Same goes for most games I pre-order, except for the rare cases where they didn't have them in stock until the day of or later. Mostly this happens with Xseed and Atlus games.

Hmm they didn't ship mine till the Monday! Good to know though, since my Xbox One is coming from Best Buy.

Quick

Banned
Didn't know what the hell to do with my $100 Best Buy gift card, so I bought a one-year sub for $44.99 to stack over my current sub.

I'm really hoping Sony is back at Fan Expo again to hand out those free one month cards.

isny

napkin dispenser
Thank you! He actually contacted me. Turns out he had some issues with PayPal and other stuff. I didn't know. :(

No problem!

Yeah I heard he had some issues with PayPal. It happens, PayPal tends to always side with the buyer and not the seller unfortunately.

Glad he contacted you so quickly though. If anyone ever needs to get in touch with Goomba, just shoot me a PM or leave a message here. I can always heckle him at a moments notice in-case he's not getting your e-mails! : )

Sheik

The price dropped yet again :lol

cB0i7BO.png

Chapters' "5off" coupon is no longer valid, but thankfully they have a monthly $5 off coupon, which does apply here. The code is "JulyCoupon".

Same price at Amazon as well.

Thanks for the heads up! Way cheaper than the Amazon.ca price at the moment.

By the way, in case anyone else is interested, you can get Spirit Camera for the 3ds for $10 off their website right now.

Top Bottom