• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

And if I don't get a launch day PS4, I am going to be kind of furious. Worst part is there's no one I can hold accountable here. We'll see, I guess, and I encourage everyone to check their preorder status.

You can ask for their name, but since it'll be 4 months later there's not much you can do short of recording the entire conversation.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is the order total 0.00 for you on those orders? I've got several that are just zeroed out. But now I'm getting that error as well when I click on them.
All of my orders show the correct total. The only one that shows $0 is one that I cancelled after I redid the order with a different game.

s5wWRpz.png

I haven't received a call for either of my BB or FS PS4 orders.

Can anyone who's had their PS4 preorder verified by phone let me know? I'm starting to wonder if something else happened and they're trying to hide it. Thinking back I can't remember ever receiving a phone call from Futureshop in the decade+ I've preordered items through them.

Can anyone who's had their PS4 preorder verified by phone let me know? I'm starting to wonder if something else happened and they're trying to hide it. Thinking back I can't remember ever receiving a phone call from Futureshop in the decade+ I've preordered items through them.

Check the red flag xbone/ps4 preorder threads. Someone might have experienced this there.

Omlagus

Now I'm getting worried. My BB order shows the total okay in the list but clicking on the order details gives the same error as Lexxus.

I ordered within minutes of getting the email of that Gamers Club block so if those assholes screw up my day 1 PS4 I'm going to be pissed! :(

zroid

Banned
uh oh, better check my orders ,_,

edit: looks like mine are all safe *whew*. I just remembered I still need to deal with that dual Wind Waker HD pre-order, though...

Now I'm getting worried. My BB order shows the total okay in the list but clicking on the order details gives the same error as Lexxus.

I ordered within minutes of getting the email of that Gamers Club block so if those assholes screw up my day 1 PS4 I'm going to be pissed! :(

I have been getting the same error Lexxus gets for the past year. If you refresh a few times your order usually pops up.

I'm not sure if the error is now related to the random cancels.

I just got the error now on one of my orders, refreshed and everything was there. Seems all my orders are safe.

Jachaos

If they're taking Day 1 pre-orders this late, have they been allotted more than initially planned ? I pre-ordered the morning after the conference, I guess I'm guaranteed a launch one ? Sorry if this has already been covered.

1) Nobody knows. It's entirely possible Sony/MS have just increased post-launch day allocation.
2) Probably. There are some good reasons to believe Sony could either ship early or come to market with more units than last gen - they've been quick to share/showoff the hardware to the press and the retail model just cleared the FCC. But until somebody leaks their shipped numbers, we're in the dark.

So I had two shipment to be delivered yesterday by Canada Post, both of them are marked as delivered with full green bar meaning they're actually delivered, guess what? neither of them is actually delivered and no notes no nothing! Called CP they told they were sorry but I should contact the shipper!!
One of them is a BB shipment and the other from Clearly Contacts glasses.
Anyone with such an experience? I'm really annoyed and worried I might need to wait for weeks or months before it gets resolved, and wtf is CP thinking? it's their lazy drivers problem not the shipper!!
Please any advice would be helpful :'(

Sajjaja

So I had two shipment to be delivered yesterday by Canada Post, both of them are marked as delivered with full green bar meaning they're actually delivered, guess what? neither of them is actually delivered and no notes no nothing! Called CP they told they were sorry but I should contact the shipper!!
Anyone with such an experience? I'm really annoyed and worried I might need to wait for weeks or months before it gets resolved, and wtf is CP thinking? it's their lazy drivers problem not the shipper!!

Canada Post is stupid like that. It'll probably be with you today. Some weird scanning thing going on. I remember I ordered The Last of Us and it said delievered, green bar and everything. Checked mailbox, nothing there. I waited till like 6-7pm and I checked again just in case and it was there. It's weird.

Canada Post is stupid like that. It'll probably be with you today. Some weird scanning thing going on. I remember I ordered The Last of Us and it said delievered, green bar and everything. Checked mailbox, nothing there. I waited till like 6-7pm and I checked again just in case and it was there. It's weird.

That's what I thought, but both shipments are marked as delivered yesterday 1:53pm and I've been checking the mailbox till like half an hour ago :(
The post office people have no idea about it, they just told me to call CP toll free no.
I hope it'll show up tomorrow somehow!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They probably cancelled your order, because you're in the business of cancelling orders from them.

Sora_N

Do they ship for free? Also any other good games for such cheap prices?
btw I ordered three games from them last week and nothing shipped till now!

Hmm didn't see much else tbh.

I didn't get my Elebits DS either, but I looked at their feedback and some people don't get marked as shipped but still received their item. I'm not too worried since it's from an actual retailer, but can always paypal claim if anything.

Lexxism

My experienced on this one in case I missed getting the deliver. They usually leave the note the next day.

I just double-checked my list of Future Shop orders, and it turns out the two orders that had been cancelled had duplicates made that were still active. I do remember now that I cancelled one of them because for whatever reason it had premium shipping instead of the normal free shipping. Dunno why I re-placed the other order but whatever. For the similarly afflicted, might be worth checking to see if you actually still have your orders.

TimeKillr

Well it looks like Amazon.ca has the "Launch Edition" PS4s now, and apparently I have a Launch Edition pre-ordered. I just emailed CS just to make sure I would actually have it on launch, which would be awesome...

Well it looks like Amazon.ca has the "Launch Edition" PS4s now, and apparently I have a Launch Edition pre-ordered. I just emailed CS just to make sure I would actually have it on launch, which would be awesome...

how did you know it was launch edition? did the description on the order page change for you?

I checked my order when I read this, and it still says plain old playstation 4 under order details. However, it does refer me to the launch edition page when i click on the item itself from there. I'm... guessing that means its a launch edition as well?

I've heard of FS calling to verify orders before, I think it has something to do with your credit card, people on RFD have issues from time to time

TimeKillr

"Launch" or "Launch Window"? D:

Heh, I have no blue, but it says "Launch Edition". However release-date delivery is not available for it, which I find to be hilarious. I guess I'll have mine within a few days of it coming out to account for shipping...

how did you know it was launch edition? did the description on the order page change for you?

I checked my order when I read this, and it still says plain old playstation 4 under order details. However, it does refer me to the launch edition page when i click on the item itself from there. I'm... guessing that means its a launch edition as well?

There's 2 things:

1- When I check the "Launch Edition" page, it says I ordered it. When I check the "Standard Edition" page, it doesn't.
2- I emailed CS and they confirmed that I have a Launch Edition, but that release date delivery was not yet available for it (boo) so I guess I'll have to wait :(

My experienced on this one in case I missed getting the deliver. They usually leave the note the next day.

I didn't miss the delivery, and also no notes have been delivered! It says delivered with full green bar meaning it's actually delivered! I can't believe the people at the post office wouldn't even look into who's the driver responsible for that! I'm clueless now and two shipments are now out there at someone else's house :(

frequency

I have learned that paying someone (Canada Post, UPS, whoever) to deliver something isn't actually paying them to deliver it. You are just giving them money as a way to ask them really nicely if they would please do this one thing for you.

They may or may not do it after they take your bribe. Whatever the result, they are not responsible.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I have learned that paying someone (Canada Post, UPS, whoever) to deliver something isn't actually paying them to deliver it. You are just giving them money as a way to ask them really nicely if they would please do this one thing for you.

They may or may not do it after they take your bribe. Whatever the result, they are not responsible.

So true. My mailman a year or so ago used to steal our mail for months. Has given me mail anxiety ever since. :(

Chatin

Got a call from FS saying they couldn't process my PS4 preorder and to give them a call, but when I call I only get an automated voice system telling me to verify my person details against my banking details. The email didn't say anything about that, and my banking details match my billing details. At what point in this process do they "talk" with me since "using the phone is the safest and easiest way to communicate with you."?

It's always tech driven businesses that have the worst websites and support lines, some how.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So true. My mailman a year or so ago used to steal our mail for months. Has given me mail anxiety ever since. :(

Ahah, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with that affliction. I got a couple of packages stolen / never delivered last year (and I had to fight with Canada Posts and Futureshop customer service for more than a month to get a refund...), so now I'm really paranoid about all those E3 preorders I made...!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ahah, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with that affliction. I got a couple of packages stolen / never delivered last year (and I had to fight with Canada Posts and Futureshop customer service for more than a month to get a refund...), so now I'm really paranoid about all those E3 preorders I made...!
Just think how nice it would be if they let us pick in-store pick up for pre-orders. Maybe one day. :(

So you mean I might just lose the headset I bought from BB because of that thief? :'(

snack

Logged into FS and can't see any of my orders I've made including the PS4 preorder and the E3 deals. This happening to anyone else?

evilenger

Logged into FS and can't see any of my orders I've made including the PS4 preorder and the E3 deals. This happening to anyone else?

Just logged in now after reading your post. All good for me. Must be a temp glitch for you but I'd try to log in again later to check.

btkadams

I didn't miss the delivery, and also no notes have been delivered! It says delivered with full green bar meaning it's actually delivered! I can't believe the people at the post office wouldn't even look into who's the driver responsible for that! I'm clueless now and two shipments are now out there at someone else's house :(

On numerous occasions, I have had packages through Canada Post that were marked as delivered, but were delivered the following day. It's like they left it in the mail truck by mistake or something. I would only start worrying when it's the end of today and it still hasn't been delivered.

Sora_N

Another random EB story, tried to return something but didn't know I had to bring their promo pull and play card with me. She said I had to bring it back too, lame. I would try another EB but I'm just too tired to bother today, I may try again when I go out this evening.

Top Bottom