• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I'm looking to buy a macbook air for my girlfriend before school starts.

Are there typically any back to school sales besides the $100 app store credit? I'm looking to get the 13" and I've found it the cheapest at the ubc bookstore which is 1050 (msrp is 1099). Is this as low as it goes?

btkadams

Are there typically any back to school sales besides the $100 app store credit? I'm looking to get the 13" and I've found it the cheapest at the ubc bookstore which is 1050 (msrp is 1099). Is this as low as it goes?

date me.

krae_man

Another random EB story, tried to return something but didn't know I had to bring their promo pull and play card with me. She said I had to bring it back too, lame. I would try another EB but I'm just too tired to bother today, I may try again when I go out this evening.

Well you only get a card when you spend more then $50. I guess it's to prevent people from buying stuff, getting the cards, then returning stuff and keeping the cards.

Which is weird since they legally have to offer a way to enter without purchase. But I guess I can understand the reasoning.

Hyunkel6

I was in a similar boat a year ago. This is as low as you'll get.

I'm also getting her this macbook in lieu of my own laptop upgrade. Am I trying too hard?

we've been together for like 5 years. Her current laptop is hurting her back since it's too heavy

No you're just being nice to her, if she's good to you and you can afford it, then go ahead :)

Kifimbo

Anyone in Montreal wanna get a 12:30 lunch near the Hyatt Regency tomorrow? If not any weird local food recommendations?

I'm not in Montreal right now, but Schwartz's (smoked meat) is a classic. On Boulevard Saint-Laurent, 20 minutes from the Hyatt Regency on foot.

Kifimbo

If you are looking for something more fancy, but still with a local vibe, I suggest Au Pied de Cochon on Duluth Avenue, not that far from Schwartz's.

Anyone seen any Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D at Shoppers Drugmart in Toronto? Or Vita memory cards?
Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

I checked by the Shoppers near dundas square but they dont sell games to begin with. The one by fairview mall doesn't have any copies.

anyone in the GTA (close or in Mississauga to be exact) and looking for a copy of Xenoblade chronicles?

I was doing a random search on used copies on ebgames.ca and one popped up as being available at:

5100 Erin Mills Parkway
Unite E-222
Mississauga, L5M 4Z5

not sure if the website the current stock right now, but if you're near there, give them a call and see if its still there and get them to put it on hold for you. $44.99 for the used copy.

zroid

Banned
Totally. Or maybe it's just not for me...

Well, I find it good, but not especially better than a lot of the other great delis I've been to.

Not as overrated as fucking Katz's in Manhattan though, god damn. That place is insanely overpriced.

Chatin

With nothing solved regarding my PS4 preorder at FS.ca, I gave the customer service line a call instead. Rather than getting assistance, I got a message starting the deals are so good that they're too busy to help me and to call back later. Then something about Christmas and wishing me a happy holidays. At this rate, they're going to cancel my preorder on me because I can't actually get in contact with them to tell them not to.

ohlawd

k I hit up FS customer support and they told me my E3 shit is still intact even if they ain't showing on the site right now.

aww yiss, good stuff.

TimeKillr

Schwartz' is over-rated imo.

What's sad is that the quality has gone WAY down since they sold to Celine Dion's husband. :( It used to be the tastiest stuff ever, and now all their meat is dry and tasteless...

Stump I wish I could go but that hotel is too far from my job :(

Deadly

What's sad is that the quality has gone WAY down since they sold to Celine Dion's husband. :( It used to be the tastiest stuff ever, and now all their meat is dry and tasteless...
Really when was this? I've only had Schwartz's smoked meat as of late so I can't compare it to the other places.

Although both Schwartz's and Dunn's sell frozen packages of their smoked meat and the Dunn's one is actually alot better (and they give more too!).

TimeKillr

Really when was this? I've only had Schwartz's smoked meat as of late so I can't compare it to the other places.

Although both Schwartz's and Dunn's sell frozen packages of their smoked meat and the Dunn's one is actually alot better (and they give more too!).

Last year or so.

Before that, their meat was the juiciest, most tender meat you could ever eat. You'd order a medium fat sandwich and you'd get something incredibly good. Now you order medium fat and your meat is leaner than the old lean, it's dry as all hell, and it feels like they're starting to cheap out on the spices because it has a lot less taste.

Seriously, they fucked it up. I'm 100% sure the frozen Schwartz's is the reason why it has changed - if you look at the ingredient list for it, it lists a bunch of useless crap that was never present before (hydrolized soy protein, which is essentially MSG, was never used in the original spice mix).

zroid

Banned
EB Dealz

w9w4.png

Project X Zone: that was quick

XCOM: I may finally buy this, have been wanting to for a while

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 WiiU is also $20 at EBgames and futureshop. Is it worth it? I'm not a big fighting game player and I don't remember how Tekken plays at all (last one I played is Tekken 2...), but the thought of a kangooroo fighting an old man dressed as Starfox in a Snoop Dogg-themed stage is tempting...

i-Jest

anyone in the GTA (close or in Mississauga to be exact) and looking for a copy of Xenoblade chronicles?

I was doing a random search on used copies on ebgames.ca and one popped up as being available at:

5100 Erin Mills Parkway
Unite E-222
Mississauga, L5M 4Z5

not sure if the website the current stock right now, but if you're near there, give them a call and see if its still there and get them to put it on hold for you. $44.99 for the used copy.

OK. Time to take a look.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
OK. Time to take a look.

Good luck with that. One EBgames near me has been showing the game as "in stock" for months, but when I went there they didn't actually have it.

iLLmAtlc

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=45271&vpn=GFC-02050&manufacture=Microsoft&promoid=1275

i usually get my PC stuff at NCIX

$98 for the OEM version instead of throwing your money away at FS or BB. lol it's $224

EDIT: looks like OEM versions can only be activated on one motherboard. that's why it's so cheap

thanks for showing me that. yeah i might just have to pony up for the 120. im also out of town right now so heading to ncix is less convenient than futureshop or best buy.

Top Bottom