• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Most providers will schedule for when you're available.

And if I order cable and internet, the bill will only be for the coming month's usage and not the next couple of days? The latter would be silly.

And what about phone usage for the next couple of days? Maybe I don't need it activated until then, could check.

balohna

Yeah thanks, I ended up finding 320 from google maps in the end, which seems about right.

Turns out it'll be Saturday and Sunday, so I was about to ask about the 10-ticket pack. It was a little bit confusing on the translink site, but am I correct in thinking a pack of 1-zone tickets would be enough to get through any/all fare zones on the weekend?

Still might get the day pass for convenience like you said, but first I've gotta figure out exactly where we'll be going. :lol

320 is exactly what you want. I know that route well. For a weekend, 1 zone tickets are indeed enough to go anywhere. Day passes may still be a better value, but you can't buy them from a bus. You can buy them from authorized fare dealers (convenience stores, grocery stores, etc.) or at Skytrain ticket kiosks.

The thing about getting 1 zone tickets is they expire after about 90 minutes.

Lexxism

I'm currently paying $31(though we're actually paying $46 since my mom added a channel) with basic cable and $70 for unlimited internet. I'm with rogers btw.

I'm paying $85 plus gst for 25Mbps and Medium choice TV from Telus, that's basic plus 6 packs! I should be paying around 115 or something but I have to bug them every couple of months to keep the cost reasonable!
$75 is the price I see kinda fair for what I'm getting though, Internet cap went down without a notice from 500gb to 250gb!

Hilti92

Yogurt GAF:
http://bit.ly/16f9Otw

If you purchased Activia Yogurt between 09 and November 2012, you will get $30-$100 compensation. You don't need proof of purchase otherwise signing a document to agree that if you're lying, it's a criminal offense.If you have proof, I believe you will receive $100 in compensation.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Yogurt GAF:

If you purchased Activia Yogurt between 09 and November 2012, you will get $30-$100 compensation. You don't need proof of purchase otherwise signing a document to agree that if you're lying, it's a criminal offense.If you have proof, I believe you will receive $100 in compensation.

Why was that lawsuit all about? I vaguely remember buying that yogurt brand once (wasn't really good), am I gonna die or something? Oh well, at least I'll get free money.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why was that lawsuit all about? I vaguely remember buying that yogurt brand once (wasn't really good), am I gonna die or something? Oh well, at least I'll get free money.

false claims.

I should really do this...it's like half a 3DS game and I'm sure I bought it once in that period, but I can't really prove it (I know you don't really need proof, but I'm not like that).

FrsDvl

Yogurt GAF:

Aw yisss 30$ i buy these all the time for my daughter. Too bad I don't have a receit anymore.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
false claims.

I should really do this...it's like half a 3DS game and I'm sure I bought it once in that period, but I can't really prove it (I know you don't really need proof, but I'm not like that).

Claimed it, as I'm 100% positive I at least bought this once, but I don't remember where or when. I hope I can browse Neogaf from prison.

Yogurt GAF:

Cool. I sometimes buy these so $30 for me!

Mupod

Yogurt GAF:

My sister and I bought these all the time in college, although I don't think I ever spent more than 30 bucks on them. Still, might as well give it a shot.

Firestorm

This has probably come up a lot but how much is everybody paying for cable and internet?

I find it hard to believe we are all paying the 100+ asking for basic standard def cable and 20 mbps internet from Shaw... :(

My promotional period is about to expire and I am looking at my options because 100+ per month is out of the question.

I need some short notice help.

I'm moving on my own this coming Tuesday, and I need to order a Cellphone, Cable, and Internet. Which is the best provider (in-store) and are they able to just hold off the cable and internet until I'm actually moved in? I need the cellphone by tomorrow.
Send me a PM. Same goes for anyone else paying too much on Shaw or without service in BC or Alberta.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Awww shit, Danone? I eat that and Yoplait all the time. Will check with my mom if she has the grocery bills from back when I lived with them, she probably does. I wub you cheap Canada-GAF!

big_z

Awww shit, Danone? I eat that and Yoplait all the time. Will check with my mom if she has the grocery bills from back when I lived with them, she probably does. I wub you cheap Canada-GAF!

I'm going to do the same. I buy Danone on a regular basis but I don't keep receipts. My mom might have one.

Hilti92

Claimed it, as I'm 100% positive I at least bought this once, but I don't remember where or when. I hope I can browse Neogaf from prison.
Did you just fill out the sheet in the PDF and e-mail it to them? All I did hopefully that's good enough. :p Glad I could help GAF get $30 richer. I know for certain I had to of bought a few any how.

Wow that is a new one, just got both of the usual retarded message at the same time on futureshop.ca trying to change credit card info:

We are currently processing your order. Your order information will be available for review shortly. Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience. (0141)

We're sorry. The system is unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later to complete your changes. (0183)

Them and Best Buy should really work their shit together... I never ever saw an online retailer having such a retarded and unstable system.

To top it off, once again I try to add a gift card and when I select "Apply" the card is not applied and no error message come up. I swear if it was not of Tsilon and their E3 deals I would never ever give them any business... Sorry, needed to vent!

I buy a lot of yogurt, so i know for a fact i've purchased some activia in the past. i sent off the e-signature and it said to check my inbox to complete everything, but nothing yet, guess ill hold tight

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I definitely remember buying some during that time span. Probably not 30 bucks worth, but we'll see. Filled it out, worst case scenario I get no money, best case I get 30 bucks.

EDIT: I got the e-mail to verify right away, might wanna check your spam folder

Hilti92

I definitely remember buying some during that time span. Probably not 30 bucks worth, but we'll see. Filled it out, worst case scenario I get no money, best case I get 30 bucks.

EDIT: I got the e-mail to verify right away, might wanna check your spam folder

I also got mine right away.

iphys

Oh man, I have all my receipts saved from the past 5 years, but I wonder if it's worth digging through them all, because I bought that yogurt brand so rarely.

iphys

Awesome Shoppers Drug Mart redemption this Wednesday with coupon! The value of your points works out similar to the old Mega redemption where you would get $250 for 95,000 points or $125 for 50,000 points. You redeem 95,000 points for $170 and get 30,000 points back or 50,000 points for $85 and get 15,000 points back. Seriously, this is the best redemption offer we've had in a year.

Shoppers:
http://images.email.shoppersoptimum...emption_Bounce_July29/SE.pdf?Category=Optimum
Pharmaprix:
http://images.email.shoppersoptimum...emption_Bounce_July29/PF.pdf?Category=Optimum

They've got the 3DS XL for $180 or regular 3DS for $150 this week.

Lexxism

Walmart flyer has WiiU basic listed for 199. Its posted on Redhotdeals

Here's the flyer.
OBgGhjU.jpg

khaaan

WiiU is tempting, especially since I'm definitely not going to go digital with retail titles. I told myself I'd wait till the holiday sales though.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
WiiU is tempting, especially since I'm definitely not going to go digital with retail titles. I told myself I'd wait till the holiday sales though.

You still need a HDD with the Deluxe version anyway. Go for it!

khaaan

You still need a HDD with the Deluxe version anyway. Go for it!

I should stop visiting GAF, all it takes is one or two people to tell me to go for it =P
I might also look into the Shoppers Drugmart deal towards a WiiU since I think I have the 95,000 points to spend.

Yawnier

Banned
Well, I was going to buy a used basic Wii U off someone on Kijiji that is $150, but if Wal-Mart has one that is new for only 50 dollars more then eh......

Tuck

Thats the perfect price for a Wii U. Very tempting. I told myself I'd wait for the holiday sales but I don't think I'd see a better deal. Maybe 250 for the console plus a game which is pretty good. Hmm....

Yogurt GAF:

so why are they giving these 30$ out? :S was there a chemical that killed many ppl?

If there wasn't that $150 price error on the Deluxe a few weeks back I would've jumped on this.

They're discontinuing the Basic so that's likely why it's $200. The Deluxe will probably drop to $300 before the end of the year.

Returners

If there wasn't that $150 price error on the Deluxe a few weeks back I would've jumped on this.

They're discontinuing the Basic so that's likely why it's $200. The Deluxe will probably drop to $300 before the end of the year.

You actually got it? I thought it was a trade in offer for FS.

Lexxism

You actually got it? I thought it was a trade in offer for FS.

There was one who got it. I forgot his name but he was able to take advantage with the price error. FS didn't cancel his order and was able to get deluxe set for $150. If only I opened my laptop early that day, I might be able to get one.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What, really?

$250 for Deluxe and I bite.

BTW, does the Wii classic controller work with the Wii U? What are the differences between the Classic and the new 'Pro'?

Classic controller works, but needs to plug into a wiimote. Sticks aren't clicky, and are both in the lower position.

Wii U Pro Controller uses the same layout as the Wii U Gamepad, you don't really need one unless you want it for multiplayer(I'm not sure if Nintendoland even supports it), or hate holding the gamepad for some reason.

Edit: I'm actually not sure what the support is like for the Classic Controller.

trixx

If I didnt have a Wii u I would have bought that one asap. Deluxe package is meh, I wish I didn't buy at launch

By the way I'm selling brand new sealed nsmbu I have two copies if anyone is interested.

Actually there is a windwaker bundle coming right?

iiicon

Seeing the Basic model sell for $100 cheaper before the two games I bought the system for early (Pikmin, Rayman) are even released stings a little.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing the Basic model sell for $100 cheaper before the two games I bought the system for early (Pikmin, Rayman) are even released stings a little.

Yeah, I feel the same way! At least I got to play Lego City and ZombiU in the meantime.

Top Bottom