• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

iiicon

I am an impatient man, and Mario and ZombiU looked good. I knew I was in for a lull, I just thought the lull would include Pikmin and Rayman, and not last from December until now.

I don't regret my purchase, and I've had plenty of PS3 and PC games to play in the meantime, but the wait was rough!

I got a free large 4:3 CRT with my new home, and I checked out the menu and there's no 16:9 setting for black bars.

Is there something I can buy to help with this? I do have my Hauppauge HD PVR 1212, can that help since I'd be connecting my Wii through it to record it?

jcutner

I got a free large 4:3 CRT with my new home, and I checked out the menu and there's no 16:9 setting for black bars.

Is there something I can buy to help with this? I do have my Hauppauge HD PVR 1212, can that help since I'd be connecting my Wii through it to record it?

What the fuck? 4:3 CRTs are still being made? How is that an enticing incentive to a new house purchase

What the fuck? 4:3 CRTs are still being made? How is that an enticing incentive to a new house purchase

I went to a furniture bank for free via a program, and they had a decent selection of CRTs, no LCDs or anything.

The one I got was the only one not taken that had a flat screen and was a decent size, had no opportunity to try it out there, and they're all used it seemed.

So it was free and there weren't any obvious better picks.

Are there any good Vita deals kicking around? I'm kinda jonesing to play Golden Abyss & VLR.

I'd check kijiji...you can get a vita for a good price normally. I got mine for $160, barely used, with screen/back protectors (sloppily) put on, and 2 games.

Finding a good deal on a memory card is the harder task =(

QaaQer

Well, I was going to buy a used basic Wii U off someone on Kijiji that is $150, but if Wal-Mart has one that is new for only 50 dollars more then eh......

Airmiles has a set with new super mario U + nintyland + a wiimote + black console if you have any extra airmiles. Nothing beats free.

I'd check kijiji...you can get a vita for a good price normally. I got mine for $160, barely used, with screen/back protectors (sloppily) put on, and 2 games.

Finding a good deal on a memory card is the harder task =(

they also have a vita deal.

The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition is 47.50$ right now on amazon.ca (56.30$ on .com). I paid 57.50$ on pre-order last week... I am a bit pissed off but to all of you who were on the fence, at this price it is a steal. Quality is more than great!

Amazon really does not do anything for price drop in the days following the release, right? I really start to feel like I am always getting screwed for showing my support to products by pre-ordering. haha!

Wedge7

Is that Wii U Basic $199 at Walmart live now, or do we have to wait till the weekend? Might head down later tonight if its good as of now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy Slipcased Edition is 47.50$ right now on amazon.ca (56.30$ on .com). I paid 57.50$ on pre-order last week... I am a bit pissed off but to all of you who were on the fence, at this price it is a steal. Quality is more than great!

Amazon really does not do anything for price drop in the days following the release, right? I really start to feel like I am always getting screwed for showing my support to products by pre-ordering. haha!

Thanks for the heads up on this! Was debating getting it and that sealed the deal!

Thanks for pointing that out, I never would have noticed. I had ordered mine on Sunday after some nice impressions from a friend of mine so I ended up paying just over $60. I sent an email to Amazon asking for a refund of the difference and I got it in less than an hour, otherwise I just would have reordered the book and refused the current package in transit.

QaaQer

Cheers, just ordered it, came to 49.88 including shipping + tax (prime).

zroid

Banned

that's the problem with amazon... they don't have price matching or post-shipment price protection (well, I think they sometimes honour special requests for price matching, but it's not their policy), and you can't return it for free at a store.

if you had pre-ordered the book from Chapters, for example, you could've re-ordered it now at the lower price and got your money back by returning it to Chapters.

I avoid buying things from Amazon when I can. :\ I think the inconvenience of not having free returns is definitely not compensated for by their lower prices -- in fact, their prices usually aren't lower anyway.

MercuryLS

Banned
So the ps4 is still in stock on amazon.ca, if I order one what are the chances I'd get it on launch, or will I be waiting.

Amazon.ca didn't split their stock as Launch and Standard systems, so who knows. I think FS and BB are guaranteeing launch day deliveries and they're still taking pre-orders. Also if for whatever reason you need to return the PS4, should be easier to bring it to a store than to ship it back to Amazon. FS and BB have always been good at delivering games on launch day for me.

Parch

If only I have games interested for WiiU, I will jump on this deal immediately.
I abandoned consideration of the WiiU after the launch, but this is damn tempting. I haven't been following the WiiU much. Are they discontinuing this model or what? Do you guys think there might even be a better price or bundle for boxing day?

I abandoned consideration of the WiiU after the launch, but this is damn tempting. I haven't been following the WiiU much. Are they discontinuing this model or what? Do you guys think there might even be a better price or bundle for boxing day?

i personally think that WiiU will sink lower.

i dont think that the casuals are waiting for more Mario or Zelda to come out - the only ones to do that would be frugal/cheap/poor nintendo fans.

after that, i don't see them going any higher :0

Firestorm

OK so I thought $199 was just $50 off but from this reaction I'm guessing that it's more like $100 off? I've had zero reason to get a WiiU so far...

Anth0ny

OK so I thought $199 was just $50 off but from this reaction I'm guessing that it's more like $100 off? I've had zero reason to get a WiiU so far...

yeah it's $100

though I just realized Nintendo is releasing some sales numbers tomorrow. I get the feeling we might see an official $100 price drop tomorrow, as it was this same time in 2011 that they slashed the 3ds price.

frequency

Thanks for pointing that out, I never would have noticed. I had ordered mine on Sunday after some nice impressions from a friend of mine so I ended up paying just over $60. I sent an email to Amazon asking for a refund of the difference and I got it in less than an hour, otherwise I just would have reordered the book and refused the current package in transit.

Lucky!

Amazon refused to refund me the difference.

Socreges

Banned
yeah it's $100

though I just realized Nintendo is releasing some sales numbers tomorrow. I get the feeling we might see an official $100 price drop tomorrow, as it was this same time in 2011 that they slashed the 3ds price.
Would be nice if it came in time for Xmas. Bought my Wii for DKC - wouldn't mind getting my WiiU for DKC:TF.

seantos

Neo Member
I picked up a wii u at walmart tonight in Regina and plan on returning it and buying it again friday for the $199 price. It was the only one they had in stock and I didn't want to take a chance and miss it.

I have a feeling that some sort of price drop or new bundle is incoming but I kind of hope they end up doing some sort of ambassador program again that I can take advantage of. Plus nintendo land doesn't really interest me and I don't need the extra HD space so the basic unit is fine. I bought it mainly for monster hunter at this point.

lfc11

Neo Member
Yogurt GAF:
http://bit.ly/16f9Otw

If you purchased Activia Yogurt between 09 and November 2012, you will get $30-$100 compensation. You don't need proof of purchase otherwise signing a document to agree that if you're lying, it's a criminal offense.If you have proof, I believe you will receive $100 in compensation.

Hey regarding this, are international students allowed to file a claim? I wouldn't have really cared but I found a receipt of mine and would be able to get $100. That's half a Wii U at Walmart :O

big_z

Hey regarding this, are international students allowed to file a claim? I wouldn't have really cared but I found a receipt of mine and would be able to get $100. That's half a Wii U at Walmart :O

residents of Canada. you only get $15. if you have enough receipts you can push the total up to $50.

Top Bottom