• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm guessing it's frowned upon to make fun of Canadians ITT. So I won't, my bestie and his whole family are Canucks. I heard there's a PS3 sale down by the lake. :p

I know this isn't the B/S/T thread but I thought I'd see if anyone local was interested in buying a gaming PC. I'm asking it for $750 and am in the vaughan ontario area.

AMD FX6300
XFX 7970 3GB Double D
8 Gb DDR 3 Ram
Asus m5a78l-m lx plus motherboard
Seagate 1tb hdd
Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
Bit fenix outlaw case
Lg dvd burner
Corsair GS600w psu
Xbox 360 wireless controller
Code for a steam version of Tomb Raider

Its a powerful pc, I was able to get Crysis 3 running on max settings at about 30fps in 1080.

khaaan

The lake beside downtown Canada?

You know, the lake next to ol' McKenzies house? That guy. I gave him a toonie so he could nip down to timmies and the hoser never even so much as offers me a timbit. I think he's still upset from when I broke his Wayne Gretzky signed hockey stick back in Grade 13.

Hey I'm an international student too! *waves*

Mnd if I ask why are you selling it?

I'm thought I'd build a pc that would last me through next gen. I realized after building it that I like to just plug in and play, which is why I've always been a console guy. I don't really like fiddling with the graphics settings and updating drivers. It's a preference thing really.

Has anyone's pre-order for Pikmin 3 from the Future Shop E3 promotion shipped yet? Saw a few people in another thread post that their Best Buy USA pre-orders shipped today.

So, what are my options in preordering a XBone/PS4 now. Amazon? Doesn't feel right to get a launch system without physically at a store. Best Buy? Future Shop? EB?

Or just skip the preorder and go straight for places like Costco/SDM/RCSS on launch day?

zroid

Banned
Has anyone's pre-order for Pikmin 3 from the Future Shop E3 promotion shipped yet? Saw a few people in another thread post that their Best Buy USA pre-orders shipped today.

just need to say you have the best avatar ever

and my pre-order from June 2012 hasn't been charged yet :(

IllumiNate

So, what are my options in preordering a XBone/PS4 now. Amazon? Doesn't feel right to get a launch system without physically at a store. Best Buy? Future Shop? EB?

Or just skip the preorder and go straight for places like Costco/SDM/RCSS on launch day?

SDM won't get them on launch but RCSS will. I'd advise to camp RCSS very early the night before launch. I camped SS for the PS3 and there were 8 people in front of me when I got there at 12am. They only received 6

Why did FS remove the trade in offer? :(
I just bought AC:NL digital version and was planning on trading the physical copy in with another game for $60 gc :'(

Sora_N

Finally got the 2 games I ordered from Staples eBay. (Fallout NV and Elebits DS) FO still had the slip cover but it's dirty and ruined as hell lol.

I ordered them a week apart, and they came in 2 separate shipments from 2 different addresses, odd.

Finally got the 2 games I ordered from Staples eBay. (Fallout NV and Elebits DS) FO still had the slip cover but it's dirty and ruined as hell lol.

I ordered them a week apart, and they came in 2 separate shipments from 2 different addresses, odd.

I ordered Steel Dive 3DS and Batman:AO WiiU at the same day, got Steel Dive on Tuesday, didn't get Batman yet! No idea if it's Staples or I'm being robbed again by our mailman, since I lost two shipments and both are in the long process of tracing, I lost my faith in CP! I don't feel safe ordering anything big anymore, even BB didn't care enough to offer a replacement, they just left me hanging until CP gets back to them! I miss shopping at Amazon.com, best customer service in the whole wide world hands down!
Sorry for whining, I needed a shoulder to cry on :'(

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Any advice on a decent pair of headphones to use for gaming? My stupid speaker receiver is busted and who knows how long it will take Sony to repair it so I need some quality audio in the mean time.

Not looking to spend over $100. Kind wishing I had went for the $100 Pulse headset with The Last of Us promo. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Sora_N

I ordered Steel Dive 3DS and Batman:AO WiiU at the same day, got Steel Dive on Tuesday, didn't get Batman yet! No idea if it's Staples or I'm being robbed again by our mailman, since I lost two shipments and both are in the long process of tracing, I lost my faith in CP! I don't feel safe ordering anything big anymore, even BB didn't care enough to offer a replacement, they just left me hanging until CP gets back to them! I miss shopping at Amazon.com, best customer service in the whole wide world hands down!
Sorry for whining, I needed a shoulder to cry on :'(

I'm here for you bro. Haha jokes aside, I lost an action figure in the mail over the past month. I rarely ever lose anything...and things are taking a little longer than before. I hope nothing is going down at CP.

Sucks to hear Best Buy not helping out with that honestly, I thought they would be decent.

Elebits shipped by "SurplusbyDesign" and FO shipped by "Staples Canada on eBay", funny I just noticed they are from the same address.

Cheerilee

Any advice on a decent pair of headphones to use for gaming? My stupid speaker receiver is busted and who knows how long it will take Sony to repair it so I need some quality audio in the mean time.

Not looking to spend over $100. Kind wishing I had went for the $100 Pulse headset with The Last of Us promo. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

No idea about Canadian deals, but...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417447

NeoGAF's headphone thread. Might help point you in the direction of the right headphones.

I'm here for you bro. Haha jokes aside, I lost an action figure in the mail over the past month. I rarely ever lose anything...and things are taking a little longer than before. I hope nothing is going down at CP.

Sucks to hear Best Buy not helping out with that honestly, I thought they would be decent.

Elebits shipped by "SurplusbyDesign" and FO shipped by "Staples Canada on eBay", funny I just noticed they are from the same address.

Thanks bro :)
Steel diver was also shipped by SurplusbyDesign, I hope CP gets their stuff together cause it is really annoying feeling worried about every shipment!

Cactus

Banned
For those of you who have added gift cards to your online Future Shop orders, is the remaining amount on your card shown on the order page? Mine looks like this:

"Gift Card Information

********** xxxx $0.00"

...which is strange because the card has $60 on it.

For those of you who have added gift cards to your online Future Shop orders, is the remaining amount on your card shown on the order page? Mine looks like this:

"Gift Card Information

********** xxxx $0.00"

...which is strange because the card has $60 on it.

It's how much they've charged the card if I remember right. Once the order ships the number will change to reflect the order total.

Was Killer is Dead in the Futureshop E3 promo this year? I forgot...

I can't get myself to pay 59.99$ for a game when almost all of my games for the next year and more are pre-ordered at 39.99$!

Seems like first print of Killer is Dead is an upgraded edition, those are always nice... But I know that the game will drop in price super quickly like Lollipop Chainsaw did. Will they still have the bonus content? Argh...!

Cactus

Banned
Was Killer is Dead in the Futureshop E3 promo this year? I forgot...

I can't get myself to pay 59.99$ for a game when almost all of my games for the next year and more are pre-ordered at 39.99$!

Seems like first print of Killer is Dead is an upgraded edition, those are always nice... But I know that the game will drop in price super quickly like Lollipop Chainsaw did. Will they still have the bonus content? Argh...!

It wasn't.

The preorder goodies are nice, but the price will probably fall to $40 (and eventually $20) relatively quickly.

Sheik

Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but David's Tea has some pretty good stuff for sale. 40% off of a few of their "perfect mugs", which come with a stainless steel infuser and lid, and a bunch of teas.

Not sure if anyone here would be interested, but David's Tea has some pretty good stuff for sale. 40% off of a few of their "perfect mugs", which come with a stainless steel infuser and lid, and a bunch of teas.

Why did you do this to me man? my wallet is already in a very bad shape :(
Seriously, thank you! Just put a good order for a few mugs, a pot and some tea of course, any idea how quick is their delivery?

So what's up with the PS4 preorders? I was able to pre order one at Eb today and they said I'd be guarenteed one on release day. He also said I was the 122nd person to pre order.

Has anybody else been able to get a pre order in? I thought they stopped them a while ago.

zroid

Banned
COME TO ME, PRECIOUS

qVtP8ta.png

wait why does it say shipped tomorrow :<

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
SDM won't get them on launch but RCSS will. I'd advise to camp RCSS very early the night before launch. I camped SS for the PS3 and there were 8 people in front of me when I got there at 12am. They only received 6
Man I had to laugh. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I waited about a week to get my glorious white Jpn ps3.

iiicon

I can vouch for the chocolate chili chai. My girlfriend picked some of that up last year and it's delicious.

Top Bottom