• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

soultron

Banned
I can vouch for the chocolate chili chai. My girlfriend picked some of that up last year and it's delicious.
Oh man, is it ever. Drink it all the time.

One word of caution with the Perfect Mugs (in my experience) is to get one with a ceramic or glass lid. I got the one with the bamboo lid and it's starting to warp/crack a bit after 1+ year of use. The infuser sits on the lid when you're drinking the tea and the excess liquid from the loose tea probably causes the issue I've been seeing on my bamboo lid.

Otherwise, I'd really recommend the mugs. Great design and it's a cheap way to get into drinking good tea! :)

Madouu

Pikmin 3 sent! hmm It might get delivered tomorrow... excite!

Oh and thanks for the Davids Tea heads up, my girlfriend is going to order like 10 mugs I know it :/

zroid

Banned
Pikmin 3 sent! hmm It might get delivered tomorrow... excite!

Expected Delivery : 2013/08/02

tumblr_llatbbCeky1qbnthu.gif

ohlawd

aww didn't preorder Pikmin so no chance of me getting it early.

Ah well, long weekend. Next week Sunday and Monday will be Pikmin 3 marathon days.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Expected Delivery : 2013/08/02
Me too. I've had this thing pre-ordered since E3 2012 with a tsilon code. It'll be nice to stop getting reminder emails that I pre-ordered it. :p

It's also nice that I'm not working on Friday and have a 4-day weekend. :D

Anyone do console trade ins at EB Games? How does it work? Do you have to include everything you got in the box?

I want to trade in my Wii after getting my Wii U but I want to keep my wiimotes and nunchuk.

soultron

Banned
Anyone do console trade ins at EB Games? How does it work? Do you have to include everything you got in the box?

I want to trade in my Wii after getting my Wii U but I want to keep my wiimotes and nunchuk.
With home consoles, you always have to include the official controller (no mad cats, etc.) and all the cables.

Ondore

Best Buy/Futureshop flyer stuff:

- Trade 2 is back for Pikmin 3, Dragon's Crown or Tales of Xillia. Yep, the drought is over... but for whatever reason, neither store has the updated list.

- Borderlands 2 and Dishonored are $20 (FS only).

- Best Buy is listing WiiU Deluxe with Pikmin 3 for normal Deluxe price ($349.99) - not sure if that's a typo. (Link. Note the typo.)

Boo!

Expected Delivery : 2013/08/07

Yeah, I won't be getting my FS order until after the weekend either. I'm considering buying the game in store at full price, and returning the one I get mailed to me once it arrives using the full price receipt. I won't have any problems doing that will I?

MarkusRJR

Best Buy/Futureshop flyer stuff:

- Trade 2 is back for Pikmin 3, Dragon's Crown or Tales of Xillia. Yep, the drought is over... but for whatever reason, neither store has the updated list.

- Borderlands 2 and Dishonored are $20 (FS only).

- Best Buy is listing WiiU Deluxe with Pikmin 3 for normal Deluxe price ($349.99) - not sure if that's a typo. (Link. Note the typo.)
They listed to Deluxe Wii U + Pikmin 3 for $350 in Future Shop as well. Looks like it's not a typo.

canonj

Canada Post shows for me that Pikmin 3 will be delivered today, but I honestly doubt that since as of 7:00am it was still being processed in Mississauga. I'll probably get it on Tuesday.

Yeah, I won't be getting my FS order until after the weekend either. I'm considering buying the game in store at full price, and returning the one I get mailed to me once it arrives using the full price receipt. I won't have any problems doing that will I?

That should work just fine, and I may end up doing that as well.

zroid

Banned
Me too. I've had this thing pre-ordered since E3 2012 with a tsilon code. It'll be nice to stop getting reminder emails that I pre-ordered it. :p

It's also nice that I'm not working on Friday and have a 4-day weekend. :D

Since E3 2012 with the tsilon code for me as well. Back then I actually thought I might be playing this in 2012. Hahahaha. :(

hn1.png

sorry for spamming the thread with all my shipment status updates; i'm really excited for this game in case you hadn't noticed :p

In related news, I noticed my card was charged for Xillia and Dragon's Crown, so those will probably be shipping out today for Tuesday delivery.

bryehn

Anyone else have The Bureau pre-ordered at FS? My just says out of stock but the product listing says 8/20. Hoping it ships with Saint's Row.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Are there any good deals on computer monitors going on in Toronto? I really want a new one.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody actually received Pikmin 3 yet? I'm getting a shipping estimate of today, but I'm skeptical.

teeg

Anybody actually received Pikmin 3 yet? I'm getting a shipping estimate of today, but I'm skeptical.

I just checked the tracking # and my Pikmin 3 has been delivered! Now I've got to wait until I get home from work to crack it open and enjoy that new game smell. Then play the game of course!

trixx

My pikmin 3 shipment will be in today. A big thank you to everyone in this thread for finding these great deals. It feels good saving money and getting games early.

Edit: Probably won't be in today.

black republican got half price on the wii u...You lucky OMG!

Socreges

Banned
What reasons are there to have 32GB instead of 8GB for the WiiU? Downloading big games digitally? VC games wouldn't take up all that much space, right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What reasons are there to have 32GB instead of 8GB for the WiiU? Downloading big games digitally? VC games wouldn't take up all that much space, right?
Full games, I guess.

Also, you sort of get a discount on the games you buy, in that you get 5 bucks back for every 50 you spend.

Takuan

I got my shipping notice for Dragon's Crown, but I don't think I'll actually get it until the 6th. It would be ever-so-nice to be able to play this weekend, though.

Socreges

Banned
Update takes a lots of space.
Like how much? And each update would replace the previous update anyhow, yes?

Full games, I guess.

Also, you sort of get a discount on the games you buy, in that you get 5 bucks back for every 50 you spend.
Well, that $5 off advantage (you're talking about the eShop?) is probably eliminated if I'm willing to wait for price drops (which I normally am). Nintendo unfortunately rarely or never discounts their games on eShop.

Like how much? And each update would replace the previous update anyhow, yes?

Well, that $5 off advantage (you're talking about the eShop?) is probably eliminated if I'm willing to wait for price drops (which I normally am). Nintendo unfortunately rarely or never discounts their games on eShop.

I doubt you'll regret buying the basic version much, especially if you get it at a nice discount. The storage is a fairly minor consideration IMO -- if you plan to grab a lot of games digitally, you'll end up needing an external drive regardless. There's definitely room on the 8 GB for the OS and a few virtual console and/or indie games. The biggest advantages of the deluxe set at launch were the included accessories (specifically, the gamepad charger), digital deluxe discount program, and bundled copy of Nintendo Land. Given the price drop on the basic and the fact that you can now get Nintendo Land for around $20, it's hard to advise against getting the basic set.

Edit: Best Buy is also offering a Deluxe bundled with Pikmin for $350, which might be worth considering. Looks like it includes Nintendo Land if that matters to you.

Socreges

Banned
I doubt you'll regret buying the basic version much, especially if you get it at a nice discount. The storage is a fairly minor consideration IMO -- if you plan to grab a lot of games digitally, you'll end up needing an external drive regardless. There's definitely room on the 8 GB for the OS and a few virtual console and/or indie games. The biggest advantages of the deluxe set at launch were the included accessories (specifically, the gamepad charger), digital deluxe discount program, and bundled copy of Nintendo Land. Given the price drop on the basic and the fact that you can now get Nintendo Land for around $20, it's hard to advise against getting the basic set.

Edit: Best Buy is also offering a Deluxe bundled with Pikmin for $350, which might be worth considering. Looks like it includes Nintendo Land if that matters to you.
Thanks for the info. More questions now, though!

The Basic comes with a gamepad charger, no? Just that it isn't a dock?

The digital deluxe discount program.... is that the $5 off with every $50 spent digitally?

I'd be shocked if, by November, the Deluxe set wasn't reduced to $250 or $300 bundled with a game (probably 3D Mario World).

Thanks for the info. More questions now, though!

The Basic comes with a gamepad charger, no? Just that it isn't a dock?

The digital deluxe discount program.... is that the $5 off with every $50 spent digitally?

I'd be shocked if, by November, the Deluxe set wasn't reduced to $250 or $300 bundled with a game (probably 3D Mario World).

Yes, the basic comes with the charge cable for the gamepad. The deluxe's dock is extremely handy, though (and available separately). You're right about the DDP, and I expect a price drop before the holidays as well -- I doubt a $100 cut is in the cards, but you never know.

iphys

Did anyone do the promo for adding $100 to your Wii U eShop account? They just sent me a code for $5 saying it was for adding $50-$99.99, but I definitely added exactly $100.00 from my credit card all in one go, so there's no way I shouldn't have received the $10 code.

I still want to finish Pikmin 2 before 3 so I shouldn't be in any hurry to receive it from Futureshop right?

Then why am I checking their site every few hours for a shipping notice like a lunatic? lol

Cheap Wii U games at Wal-Mart to go with the Wii U Basic. (Confirmed in Saskatchewan, not sure if nationwide)

$10 each:

Nintendoland
Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Top Bottom