• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

canonj

Did anyone do the promo for adding $100 to your Wii U eShop account? They just sent me a code for $5 saying it was for adding $50-$99.99, but I definitely added exactly $100.00 from my credit card all in one go, so there's no way I shouldn't have received the $10 code.

I added $50 to my account, and I haven't even received the email from Nintendo yet.

Tuck

Cheap Wii U games at Wal-Mart to go with the Wii U Basic. (Confirmed in Saskatchewan, not sure if nationwide)

$10 each:

Nintendoland
Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Woah thats insane. Wish it was online and in Ontario too..

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

teeg

Cheap Wii U games at Wal-Mart to go with the Wii U Basic. (Confirmed in Saskatchewan, not sure if nationwide)

$10 each:

Nintendoland
Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3

This appears to be YMMV by store, and also in Ontario. I found some on for $10 at a Walmart in Hamilton using the website. Do individual stores price match other stores?

Haines

Banned
This appears to be YMMV by store, and also in Ontario. I found some on for $10 at a Walmart in Hamilton using the website. Do individual stores price match other stores?

I tried Woodstock Ontario and nothing. Im surprised Walmart isnt all stores same price kind of deal.

zroid

Banned
bummer, hope you guys can get that credit thing sorted out painlessly. probably just some dumb technical error.

teeg

I tried Woodstock Ontario and nothing. Im surprised Walmart isnt all stores same price kind of deal.

A store in London has some showing in stock.

The price is listed at $10.00. If I recall my retail days there the .00 indicates the item will not be restocked, and has likely been marked down by the manager to clear out the stock.

Haines

Banned
A store in London has some showing in stock.

The price is listed at $10.00. If I recall my retail days there the .00 indicates the item will not be restocked, and has likely been marked down by the manager to clear out the stock.
Yup just saw that, I think Im going to go grab Black Ops and AC2, might as well for 10 bucks a pop.

Cheerilee

Like how much? And each update would replace the previous update anyhow, yes?

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/wii-u-8gb-only-has-3gb-of-usable-space-50009764/

When you format the 8GB console to use it, for instance, you'll get 7.2GB left to play with. Then the console takes up a chunk of space for things like your player account, which totals a hefty 4.2GB.

That leaves you with 3GB of room, which Nintendo explains is enough space to store New Super Mario Bros U, which takes up 2GB, but won't be enough to house, say, Nintendo Land, another launch title that takes up 3.2GB of room. Don't expect to fit downloadable games or DLC onto this system's internal storage, unless they're tiny and you use one at a time, that is.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
.....wow. Since I'll probably get Luigi on the eShop ($10 less), I guess Basic really isn't an option for me. Not sure how everyone else is getting around this?

Buying a 500gb external HDD for $50 is way cheaper than the difference to get 24gb more on the Deluxe set. You'd need to buy an HDD eventually with the Deluxe, anyway.

Socreges

Banned
Buying a 500gb external HDD for $50 is way cheaper than the difference to get 24gb more on the Deluxe set. You'd need to buy an HDD eventually with the Deluxe, anyway.
Ah, didn't know that was an option.

Disagreed that 32GB wouldn't be sufficient (for me), or that it isn't worth buying a Deluxe then ($100 more gets me sufficient GB, Pikmin 3, some extra peripherals, and a nicer looking console).

I guess I'll wait and see what kind of bundles/prices they've got in a few months.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, didn't know that was an option.

Yeah, you can use any USB storage in the WiiU. Just be aware that you need a Y-cable if you use an HDD that doesn't use external power (i.e. that you don't plug into the wall).

$10 each:

Nintendoland
Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3

Huh. Well I'm from Saskatoon so maybe i'll go see if Black Ops II is available. I'd bite for $10.

Lexxism

$10 each:

Nintendoland
Arkham City
Assassin's Creed 3

Nice. That's pretty cheap. You can trade two of those games for $60 if they ever bring it back.

soultron

Banned
Tempted to grab a Vita this weekend. Gamescom and/or TGS price drop possibilities are the one thing making me hold back... for now.

Lexxism

Hmmm. I'm tempted to get a copy of Nintendo Land and COD:BO2 since BB still have their price match of these two games for $60.

Haines

Banned
Nice. That's pretty cheap. You can trade two of those games for $60 if they ever bring it back.

I just did it....

I went to walmart with the gf. got 2 copies of nintendo land and black ops 2 10 a pop, traded fro 2 60 dollar gift cards at bb across the road so made 80 bucks just doing that. also picked up ac3 for myself.

i felt bad doing it but i restrained myself from doing anymore. i also opened the wrappers so it didnt look that bad. i cant help it if walmart wants to sell games for dirt cheap and bb wants to pay good money for them

zroid

Banned
My Xillia CE that I forgot to cancel from EB shipped, but my FS regular one (E3 deal) didn't. :(

Oh damn, lol, you just reminded me I have a copy of Xillia ordered from Best Buy too. Guess it's too late to cancel.

edit: yeaaah it shipped. doh

I can confirm that in Thunder Bay, Ontario, my Wal Marts have these games for $10.

I bought enough to trade for Pikimin 3 and Dragons Crown Vita. Bought an extra copy of Black Ops 2 since I never played it.

I found if you go to walmart.ca and enter your postal code it will update the prices of the products to the active price at your store. Was able to confirm the walmart in town did indeed have the $10 pricing that way. Obvious I know but it would seem like some of the above posters missed that feature.

Top Bottom