• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I now have not only all four $10 Wii U games, but a $200 Wii U Basic to go with them! :D

All the games were PMed at Futureshop for extra off, so I got Nintendoland and COD for $5 each and AC3 and Batman for $7 each.

So the whole thing was like $250, utter madness.

What a way to prepare for my first own home, so happy! :D

I now have not only all four $10 Wii U games, but a $200 Wii U Basic to go with them! :D

All the games were PMed at Futureshop for extra off, so I got Nintendoland and COD for $5 each and AC3 and Batman for $7 each.

So the whole thing was like $250, utter madness.

What a way to prepare for my first own home, so happy! :D

i wish for this :( congrats.

i wish for this :( congrats.

If you're missing some of the games, Walmart should still have them on their site at $10 if you put in your ZIP code, go to a Best Buy or Future shop and you may get lucky as some will do it without calling.

And use the Walmart flyer at The Source (or Toys R Us!), they need that for the console. Thank god it's in the flyer.

Don't give up on the hunt guys! :D

Edit: Bookmark this post for easy access, here are the pages for all but Batman as you can't use your ZIP code for it:

NL:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-land/10166676

AC3:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/assassins-creed-3-nintendo-wiiu/10146793

COD:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-nintendo-wii-u/10170384

Edit: OH

As of yesterday, there ARE copies of NL at the Dufferin Mall Walmart at $10! I was there.

Quick question: if you buy something at Shoppers using Optimum points, and you go to return it within the exchange period (I'm thinking of getting a laptop for my dad), do they just refund you the points, no hassle?

Quick question: if you buy something at Shoppers using Optimum points, and you go to return it within the exchange period (I'm thinking of getting a laptop for my dad), do they just refund you the points, no hassle?

Some electronics are final sale, depending on the location.

Madouu

Pikmin 3 out for delivery at last!

2013/08/05 08:32 MONTRÉAL Article sorti pour livraison

I won't even get to play it until the 24th

bakuryu

Neo Member
Hey CanadaGAF,

Looking for your expert shopper help on 2 things:

-I'd like to buy a 1TB external hard drive, not too expensive but still good quality, any recommendations?

-Going on a trip to the US and I would need a GPS, but I don't want to buy one. Is it possible to just buy one, use it for the trip and return it 1 week later?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yes. On my way out to work this morning, I met the mailman on my doorstep and he gave me Pikmin 3 and Dragon's Crown (+ the artbook).

This makes my monday a bit better...!

zroid

Banned
Oh yes. On my way out to work this morning, I met the mailman on my doorstep and he gave me Pikmin 3 and Dragon's Crown (+ the artbook).

This makes my monday a bit better...!

How's the art book? :eek:

I guess I'll be getting it tomorrow. Curse you, Civic Holiday!

Haines

Banned
got tired of waiting for my FS pikmin due to holidays. nabbed one at walmart and will just take the one that comes in the mail back to wally. i cant sit here on holidays and not play my new game.

Hilti92

Hey CanadaGAF,

Looking for your expert shopper help on 2 things:

-I'd like to buy a 1TB external hard drive, not too expensive but still good quality, any recommendations?

-Going on a trip to the US and I would need a GPS, but I don't want to buy one. Is it possible to just buy one, use it for the trip and return it 1 week later?
if you have an android there are offline gps apps you can download.

got tired of waiting for my FS pikmin due to holidays. nabbed one at walmart and will just take the one that comes in the mail back to wally. i cant sit here on holidays and not play my new game.

That won't work they will know it wasn't purchased at the same place, unless you bought it online through Wal Mart?

I got a $100 GC from Amazon and I have no idea on what to buy. I pretty much have every game I want, and I have already preordred a bunch from FS.

?

Shops need Target's flyer as proof to PM, so I need a flyer to do so at The Source, FS, BB, etc.

It's not advertised. The sticker price is $299. The only way you can get it price matched is to get a really nice CSR and ask them to make someone at Target ring up a basic at the cash register. I don't know where you're located but someone in another thread called a few Targets around the GTA and it's sold out. I would call them first to confirm if it's in stock.

It's not advertised. The sticker price is $299. The only way you can get it price matched is to get a really nice CSR and ask them to make someone at Target ring up a basic at the cash register. I don't know where you're located but someone in another thread called a few Targets around the GTA and it's sold out. I would call them first to confirm if it's in stock.

Someone in the other thread said the location at Yonge & Finch (at Centerpoint Mall?) should get more on Wednesday morning, so hopefully I can go to a store that will call them up to confirm stock and price.

I suppose $200 is good enough, but damn I'd sure love the extra $50 off. :p

Any idea if Wal-Mart is open today? My local store has all of the Wii U games and I'd like to go get them, but I'm not sure if it's open on the holiday.

Top Bottom