• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

soultron

Banned
Just called the East York and Danforth Target stores in Toronto asking about the Wii U Basic $150 deal, and neither of those locations have them. Just wanted to drop this in as an FYI to any Toronto/GTA GAFfers. Call ahead so you don't waste time making the trip out for nothing.

zroid

Banned
dammit y'all, why is the Vancouver-Age thread so dead :(

maybe someone can help me here:

Do you guys think it's worth visiting Sunshine Coast (for no more than an afternoon) if you're not really planning on any outdoorsy activities? Like, just for the scenic drive along the coast, the ferry ride and whatnot, and maybe spend a couple hours at and around Sechelt, for example. If so, is it better to take the car aboard the ferry, or leave it behind? Are there any buses which you can hop onto at Langdale?

khaaan

I'm in Ontario but my Tales of Xillia is showed as updated to "In Transit" a few hours ago. Could I possibly, hopefully, maybe, potentially get it today?

finalhour

dammit y'all, why is the Vancouver-Age thread so dead :(

maybe someone can help me here:

Do you guys think it's worth visiting Sunshine Coast (for no more than an afternoon) if you're not really planning on any outdoorsy activities? Like, just for the scenic drive along the coast, the ferry ride and whatnot, and maybe spend a couple hours at and around Sechelt, for example. If so, is it better to take the car aboard the ferry, or leave it behind? Are there any buses which you can hop onto at Langdale?

Well I live in Gibsons so I'm a bit biased, but I'd say it's worth it :) As to whether or not to bring your car, if you can stomach the cost and the summer lineups, then it's worth it to drive. There are lots of beaches and little place to stop and check out the view or grab something to eat. Otherwise, there is a bus that runs from the ferry terminal in Langdale all the way to Sechelt, but if your ferry is delayed then it might not connect with the bus, in which case it can be a long wait for the next one. Lower Gibsons is a nice place to just hang out as well and it is only 10 mins or so from the ferry.

zroid

Banned
Well I live in Gibsons so I'm a bit biased, but I'd say it's worth it :) As to whether or not to bring your car, if you can stomach the cost and the summer lineups, then it's worth it to drive. There are lots of beaches and little place to stop and check out the view or grab something to eat. Otherwise, there is a bus that runs from the ferry terminal in Langdale all the way to Sechelt, but if your ferry is delayed then it might not connect with the bus, in which case it can be a long wait for the next one. Lower Gibsons is a nice place to just hang out as well and it is only 10 mins or so from the ferry.

Thanks, that's actually very helpful, and I appreciate your bias. :p Most of the time, living in a place makes you feel more jaded towards it than anything, so the recommendation is felt even more strongly.

We're short on time (we were told to show up 90 minutes early!), and the $18 pre-booking fee for ferrying the car is a bit of a bummer, so we'll probably just park it and use transit on the Coast. However, while the original plan was to just go to Sechelt and back, you've convinced me to grab a Day Pass so we can hop off the bus at Gibsons, and maybe spend an hour or two before getting back on another bus to continue to Langdale. Should be a pleasant day :) ...weather permitting.

TimeKillr

Ugh Futureshop and their crappy website...

I ordered a bunch of games through the E3 promo. The delivery address on the website is weird - it showed 2 civic number addresses but had the correct postal code. So I go to change the shipping info, and I see the address info is correct, so I figure hey, everything's okay, it's just a weird display bug.

My copy of Dragon's Crown Vita shipped last week. Hurray!

Tracking today:
2013/08/05 15:19 MONTREAL Item being returned to sender. Incomplete address.

WTF Futureshop? Then I call, they say "The address it's been shipped to is the address you're giving me" but then I explain in their system it seems all fucked up, so they tell me "Well okay, there might be a problem with the old stuff, so delete your other addresses and create a good one, then change your other orders for it."

I try to do that - I get errors up the ass. I try another order, and yay, it works! Except the new address is still all fucked up - see this:

TimeKillr
1234 Some Street (my address)
1234 Some Other Street (not my address)
Montreal, A0A0A0 (my postal code)

So I'm on the phone, the guy is telling me "no no the only address we have is this:" and he tells me my address. So obviously something is fucked up...

So then for my copy of Dragon's Crown? I have to re-order it then call customer service to make sure they give me the discounted price from the E3 sale (and then just *HOPE* they refund me the old one since it's being returned) and pray I'll land on a CS agent that will let me do that.

Fun, fun times. I knew I shouldn't order from there :(

I ordered something online a year ago and the tracking page said incorrect address or something........so I checked and the address on the order was the same one it has been for the multiple orders I've made over the years, sent an e-mail and they confirmed it was right, they gave me my order for free because of the shipper's error and when they box arrived it had google map directions on it.....

So it is possible that Futureshop's end is right but the shipper is out to lunch

Call the shipper and ask what address they have

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The only thing "bad" about my E3 pre-order so far is that I get two emails every week reminding me that I have something pre-ordered. It's a nice touch, but it's also MILDLY annoying. I KNOW I have something pre-ordered, thanks future shop for continuously telling me that you haven't forgotten about it either.

The only thing "bad" about my E3 pre-order so far is that I get two emails every week reminding me that I have something pre-ordered. It's a nice touch, but it's also MILDLY annoying. I KNOW I have something pre-ordered, thanks future shop for continuously telling me that you haven't forgotten about it either.

I've been getting those for 3 years now, you get used to it

The annoying part is they (and Best Buy) send their emails out at like 3am PST, which wakes me up more often than not.

Sora_N

Random question, tried to google but didn't really find anything.

I ordered a game and put my old credit card (expires August 2013), but I already got my new card and activated it before August started. The game just shipped, I logged in and saw my card was the old one. Did the charge actually go through? I never updated my card. Just weird that they were able to charge me since it was the old expiry date and all.

Random question, tried to google but didn't really find anything.

I ordered a game and put my old credit card (expires August 2013), but I already got my new card and activated it before August started. The game just shipped, I logged in and saw my card was the old one. Did the charge actually go through? I never updated my card. Just weird that they were able to charge me since it was the old expiry date and all.

The credit card companies will always give a little leeway after replacing a card and allow payments and charges to go through for just this type of situation. It's usually one or two months.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Two? That's cute.

SQf7W7M.png

Sora_N

The credit card companies will always give a little leeway after replacing a card and allow payments and charges to go through for just this type of situation. It's usually one or two months.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I guess it's just FS/BB's sites that won't let you use any card that's expiring when you preorder then.

NeoZylom

Any idea if Wal-Mart is open today? My local store has all of the Wii U games and I'd like to go get them, but I'm not sure if it's open on the holiday.

What holiday is it today?!? I'm sad, no WiiU at the 2 walmart near my place and none at futureshop either, so I can't pricematch :(

Also. Amazon still hasn't shipped my Dragon's Crown and Tales of Xillia. :|

Haines

Banned
I've had that at FS. Tried to return a copy (years ago) from TRU, they told me this isn't the one from FS lol.

Really? Walmart will know my copy coming in the mail isnt from the store?

FUCK. What are my options to remedy this......

MercuryLS

Banned
If you're missing some of the games, Walmart should still have them on their site at $10 if you put in your ZIP code, go to a Best Buy or Future shop and you may get lucky as some will do it without calling.

And use the Walmart flyer at The Source (or Toys R Us!), they need that for the console. Thank god it's in the flyer.

Don't give up on the hunt guys! :D

Edit: Bookmark this post for easy access, here are the pages for all but Batman as you can't use your ZIP code for it:

NL:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-land/10166676

AC3:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/assassins-creed-3-nintendo-wiiu/10146793

COD:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-nintendo-wii-u/10170384

Edit: OH

As of yesterday, there ARE copies of NL at the Dufferin Mall Walmart at $10! I was there.

What are the tivs on these games at eb? Do I need to put them towards a game or consoles? Or can I get gift cards out of then.

Luigi87

Suddenly I wish I didn't delete all my FutureShop reminders for Luigi's Mansion 2, which I initially pre-ordered in 2011 =P

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh we're playing this game?

And that's just page one

Should have just waited to preorder Smash Bros
But that's just one order. My pic is different orders and that's the spam I get from FS every time they email me. My PS4 preorder comes on a different day.

I'll forever be getting emails for Agent from when I got TT's The Walking Dead for $5.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
But that's just one order. My pic is different orders and that's the spam I get from FS every time they email me. My PS4 preorder comes on a different day.

I'll forever be getting emails for Agent from when I got TT's The Walking Dead for $5.

Oh haha yeah, then you win. Can't beat six, most I ever got was five from 2011's e3 preorder blitz

frequency

I currently have 26 games spread over 12 FutureShop orders that I get emails about but I always delete them immediately. I just wish they would send it all in one email instead of split up in 1 email per order.

Astra

Damn, looks like I am not getting the games I pre-ordered delivered today because of the holiday yesterday. I was really looking forward to diving into Xillia.

zroid

Banned
That feel when you get a blue key in your community mailbox and know you've got two Tales of Xillia LEs and a Dragon's Crown + artbook in one of the large parcel bins. :p

At least, I hope so. FS better not have just sent me the games without LE/artbook because I pre-ordered them too early or something! D:

That feel when you get a blue key in your community mailbox and know you've got two Tales of Xillia LEs and a Dragon's Crown + artbook in one of the large parcel bins. :p

At least, I hope so. FS better not have just sent me the games without LE/artbook because I pre-ordered them too early or something! D:

I worry about this too. I preordered back when they didn't have the Limited Edition thing... they better not have gutted a copy to gimme my "non-limited" Xillia!

Though, in fairness, I am getting it cheaper too.... since I price-matched to Amazon back when they had it for 49.99 ...

I worry about this too. I preordered back when they didn't have the Limited Edition thing... they better not have gutted a copy to gimme my "non-limited" Xillia!

Though, in fairness, I am getting it cheaper too.... since I price-matched to Amazon back when they had it for 49.99 ...

If every version is a special edition, they are going to give you the special edition. Never heard of them gutting one to just give you the game with none of the frills. That benefits no one.

Sheik

The book is packaged with the Dragon's Crown games, for what that's worth.

Unfortunately because of that the book is a little bent around the corners, especially if you bought the Vita version lol. Too bad it's softcover unlike the Japanese artbook which is hardcover.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Unfortunately because of that the book is a little bent around the corners, especially if you bought the Vita version lol. Too bad it's softcover unlike the Japanese artbook which is hardcover.
My two copies of the game and Xillia came in a single bubble mailer. RIP.

Luigi87

Got my copy of Xillia today. Was going to return it because I have such a backlog, but forget it's a first print LE x_x

Top Bottom