• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zeitgeist

I managed to get a copy of Animal Crossing for 15 total (tax included) since they beat the price at Futureshop. I just showed them the site on my phone, they checked the date that the flyer was effective for and they price matched it.

Worked out well, they didn't call a store or anything.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Mine's sitting on a shelf unopened, I haven't really paid attention to see if it's selling for a higher price online.
Haha, I'm still debating whether or not the figure is worth 60 bucks to myself. Just seeing if anyone else has taken the plunge. lol

Tuck

Took advantage of that Dream Team deal. Traded in Sticker Star. A game I would never play again and could maybe get 20 bucks for... Traded for a brand new, 45 dollar game. I still can't believe it.

Kazerei

Banned
I'm at the Walmart in Waterloo near the farmer's market right now. There's 7 copies of Ninty Land and 2 copies of Black Ops priced at $10. They're not qualifiers, but if you're looking for some good cheap Wii U games, there ya go.

Hey guys long time lurker. Just wanted to add that I got Animal Crossing for $15.00 at Future Shop by price matching the Shopper Drug Mart E-Flyer. I live in an area where it shows the regular price, I just told them a Toronto postal code.

Does anyone in Toronto know of any places where I can rent a truck for a single delivery for cheap? I doubt there's an option of like $10...

Because I'm looking at something that naturally I can't bring home on my own as it's too big and heavy, the seller will deliver but for $30, someone I spoke to before said you can rent a truck for a week for $20... that seems cheap for that. o_O

Is anyone well versed on whats going on with cell phone plans prices in the last couple of weeks?? Seems like prices are skyrocketing and im wondering if I will lose my old ppan when I change phones.

Madouu

Thought the people that grabbed the Pikmin bag thingie from CN would be interested: I just got the shipment confirmation for mine a few hours ago.

I bought Dream Team through the Futureshop E3 sale, but since lost interest in the game. How do I return it by mail? Do I need to phone or email them? And will it impact the other games in the order?

amrod

I bought Dream Team through the Futureshop E3 sale, but since lost interest in the game. How do I return it by mail? Do I need to phone or email them? And will it impact the other games in the order?

Let them ship it to you and return to store.. should be fine ?

zroid

Banned
I think you'll have to pay to ship it back. You know, if you want, you could probably find someone on GAF who'd buy it off you for ~30 bucks + shipping. I'm sure there's someone who'd appreciate getting the game at a pretty good discount so soon after release.

I think you'll have to pay to ship it back. You know, if you want, you could probably find someone on GAF who'd buy it off you for ~30 bucks + shipping. I'm sure there's someone who'd appreciate getting the game at a pretty good discount so soon after release.

I figured I'd be paying for shipping, I was just concerned it'd screw with my orders of Beyond: Two Souls and the next Layton game. I'd certainly be willing to sell it for $30 if someone on Canadagaf is willing to buy, though.

zroid

Banned
I figured I'd be paying for shipping, I was just concerned it'd screw with my orders of Beyond: Two Souls and the next Layton game. I'd certainly be willing to sell it for $30 if someone on Canadagaf is willing to buy, though.

Ah. As for that, you shouldn't have any issues. Stupidly, it's only canceling the items in advance which messes with your promotion. You'd think they would prefer to let you cancel than ship it and then have to deal with restocking, but nope.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sure I'll buy it off ya if you want to sell. Just pm me.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Whoo, going to get Animal Crossing tomorrow. Dat price matching.

Woops. I debated all day if I should try to get it, and finally decided to try my luck tomorrow, but it looks like it's fixed now. :(

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh you're right! Weirdly, it's regular price on the french version of the website ("Pharmaprix").

After seeing all the madness surrounding GameStop's restocking of Xenoblade Chronicles, it spurred me toward finally grabbing myself a copy before it gets really nuts.

Gamestop Canada has not yet jacked the price ($49.99 new), and it seems like it's available but I can't find stock. Anywhere.

Is this just a mirage? I've punched in the postal code of every capital city in this country and nada.

Anyone have stock near them? Not only am I curious, but I'm looking to snag a copy before the price sky-rockets. I know you could just hoard them all and make uber-bones on eBay, but if you've got one near you I'd pay you to ship it to me plus a little extra for your efforts. And that would make you super swell in my books.

I honestly don't like my odds, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Also hoping to save fellow Canadians from having to pay those inflated GameStop US prices...our price is still MSRP if you can find stock.

Sajjaja

After seeing all the madness surrounding GameStop's restocking of Xenoblade Chronicles, it spurred me toward finally grabbing myself a copy before it gets really nuts.

Gamestop Canada has not yet jacked the price ($49.99 new), and it seems like it's available but I can't find stock. Anywhere.

Is this just a mirage? I've punched in the postal code of every capital city in this country and nada.

Anyone have stock near them? Not only am I curious, but I'm looking to snag a copy before the price sky-rockets. I know you could just hoard them all and make uber-bones on eBay, but if you've got one near you I'd pay you to ship it to me plus a little extra for your efforts. And that would make you super swell in my books.

I honestly don't like my odds, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Also hoping to save fellow Canadians from having to pay those inflated GameStop US prices...our price is still MSRP if you can find stock.

Chances are, an RFDer has scoured the depths of hell and back for it and has taken any remaining copies.

Anth0ny

welp

went to future shop again today

starting to feel like some kind of sick, mad scientist right about now

j1wafmHKXspaC.jpg

THANK YOU BASED PRICE MATCH

soultron

Banned
Yeah, totally. :(

I'll keep an eye out the next few EBs I go into (I live in Toronto) and if I see copies I'll grab them. I don't have a Wii/WiiU but I'd rather know that one of its most coveted games go to someone who A) wants to play it and B) doesn't want to have to drop $100 on it. No guarantee I'll find any, but cross your fingers.

Does anyone in Toronto know of any places where I can rent a truck for a single delivery for cheap? I doubt there's an option of like $10...

Because I'm looking at something that naturally I can't bring home on my own as it's too big and heavy, the seller will deliver but for $30, someone I spoke to before said you can rent a truck for a week for $20... that seems cheap for that. o_O

Try Kijiji/Craigslist? You might be able to find someone willing to do it for cheap.

So I'll be going off to University in Ontario in a few weeks, but I noticed that GS/EB is holding an offer to trade 15 games for 300$ towards an XBone preorder, which ends on the first of September. I'd like to be able to pick the console up day one and thus preordering here in NB won't do much for me come launch time.

Long story short, can I acquire this promotion at a store in New Brunswick and then have it transferred when I get up to Ontario?

krae_man

You're not going to rent a truck cheaper then the delivery cost.

Sure you can get a van from some rental place for the low low price of $14.95 or something but that is not the only thing you pay.

You have to pay for the gas you use, you have to pay per KM, you'll need insurance if you don't already have insurance that covers rental cars.

What you want is from Ikea right? Everything I've bought online from them has arrived fine.

So I'll be going off to University in Ontario in a few weeks, but I noticed that GS/EB is holding an offer to trade 15 games for 300$ towards an XBone preorder, which ends on the first of September. I'd like to be able to pick the console up day one and thus preordering here in NB won't do much for me come launch time.

Long story short, can I acquire this promotion at a store in New Brunswick and then have it transferred when I get up to Ontario?

I'm 99.9% sure you can transfer preorders from store to store. The only thing that might work is if they let you put the $300 on a gift card with you pinky swearing that you will put that $300 towards a XBone preorder the second you get to Ontario. But I have a feeling they won't let you do that.

Oneself

Today only, Best Buy's website:
Red PS3, GOW 500go bundle (comes with Ascension & Sage aka all previous 5 GOW games) for 273.74$

Dunno if it's good since I haven't been following the PS3 bundle prices lately but hopefully yes!

welp

went to future shop again today

starting to feel like some kind of sick, mad scientist right about now

j1wafmHKXspaC.jpg

THANK YOU BASED PRICE MATCH

This is still possible?

I don't think you can transfer orders between EBs. They might put the money back on a giftcard though but it's not going to "hold your place in line" though.

As if the super slim wasn't ugly enough in black, yuck that thing is even more nasty in red!

Edit: Super jelly of the Nintendoland PM, congrats!

zroid

Banned
The pinnacle of mad scientist feelings still lies with the Trade 5 for a 3DS XL last year (almost exactly a year ago, incidentally) -- and you could purchase 5 qualifiers from various stores for as little as 70 bucks.

The pinnacle of mad scientist feelings still lies with the Trade 5 for a 3DS XL last year (almost exactly a year ago, incidentally) -- and you could purchase 5 qualifiers from various stores for as little as 70 bucks.

And after selling my original 3DS me and a couple friends were able to walk away with a bit of a profit too. Good times!

Chances are, an RFDer has scoured the depths of hell and back for it and has taken any remaining copies.

Oh, I know. Edmonton seems to be hoarder central. I've simply given up on most of the "deals" that emerge.

Yeah, totally. :(

I'll keep an eye out the next few EBs I go into (I live in Toronto) and if I see copies I'll grab them. I don't have a Wii/WiiU but I'd rather know that one of its most coveted games go to someone who A) wants to play it and B) doesn't want to have to drop $100 on it. No guarantee I'll find any, but cross your fingers.

Thanks--I'd appreciate it! I waited forever to pick up Nocturne and paid $20 instead of $60, but that was because Amazon eventually stocked a reprint. Sadly I don't see that happening for Xenoblade...

grumble grumble exclusivity grumble grumble

khaaan

Probably? I'm not quite sure. How about price match it at BB or FS? You will get a $2 off on it anyway.

I was thinking about it, but I've never actually done one. I couldn't even find the $15 price on the SDM price until you linked to it. Do I just go to their customer help desk and ask to do a price match?

DaBoss

I was thinking about it, but I've never actually done one. I couldn't even find the $15 price on the SDM price until you linked to it. Do I just go to their customer help desk and ask to do a price match?

Direct them to the e-flyer site when you are at the register.

suikodan

I tried 2 SDMs and they didn't have the game on their shelves. For those who go there often, do you know if they have stock in the "backstore". For example, I want to ask them if they have the game elsewhere than in their shelves (where they don't have any).

jokkir

Can you price match at EB Games? Also, how much do you think I can trade in New Super Mario Bros 2 for? I'm not really too fond of that game.

Can someone also post the tradable games for M&L at FS&BB?

Lexxism

Direct them to the e-flyer site when you are at the register.

Or just find a salesperson at the gaming section and tell them that you want to price match this game at SDM

DaBoss

Damn, future shop didn't have AC. Going to best buy now.
Or just find a salesperson at the gaming section and tell them that you want to price match this game at SDM
That's what I meant. :p

EDIT: Best Buy didn't have it, but Wal-Mart does. Do they price match games? I've only done other stuff at Wal-Mart.

Top Bottom