• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

DaBoss

I really liked Sticker Star. The game made me think, which many games don't really tend to do outside of puzzle games. And I seemed to have completed the game without using the right order, so there doesn't seem to be linearity.

The inclusion of the world map was the best thing to do for the game.

My least favorite part about the game was the combat outside of boss battles. The boss battles required trial and error, which was really interesting considering many games don't do that anymore. The regular battles are just boring and easy. Thankfully combat can be avoided for the most part so it made Sticker Star more enjoyable.

EDIT: Why do you have RIP in brackets?

zroid

Banned
Sorry, just a joke.

He abandoned gaf, so he's "dead" to us. :p

side note: now if he yells at me on Twitter, that's how I'll know he's still lurking :lol

anaron

SDM. They should have it for $19.99? It has a higher price tag, but scans in on clearance.
Yeah, I had been checking my local SDM here in Burnaby but haven't seen any yet.

was it recent the last time you saw any in stock/which store?

Tuck

so just make it a platformer then...
I know, its an odd thing to say since Paper Mario is supposed to be an RPG. But making peace with the fact that it isn't (Its an Adventure game with turn based combat) allowed me to get enjoyment out of it.

Disappointing, but Mario & Luigi should make up for it.

Sora_N

It's not that I hate Sticker Star but the battle system is just really really annoying. There are no real positives or rewards for participating in combat. I would have enjoyed it more if stickers didn't deplete, or there was more point in fighting. I dunno.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Damn, I didn't receive those sdm coupons.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know EvilMario left, what happened?

Also what's wrong with Dream Team?
Nothing wrong with Dream Team. I just feel it's going to be better than Shitter Star.

EM is on hiatus cause NeoGAF is filled with poopy heads.

I'm just sick of the Vita/Wii U doomed threads and the stupid fanboys in them.

WEGGLES

Tried to do the trade 1 for M&L:DT.

The promo started yesterday but since the game comes out tomorrow..... there was nothing they could do. yeeeesh.Annoying.

WEGGLES

Just happened to me 5 min ago too. Wtf just give me a preorder holy shit

Edit: both bb and fs....

"To pre-order you'll need to leave a $10 deposit but you can't because it's free."

"You can't just.... put an order through on the site for it or something?"

"No, you'll just have to come back" yeeesh.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It's been know for a long time that you can't do a Trade 1/2 for a game until that game has been released. It's stupid but how is that new for FS/BB? :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
"To pre-order you'll need to leave a $10 deposit but you can't because it's free."

"You can't just.... put an order through on the site for it or something?"

"No, you'll just have to come back" yeeesh.
Stupid beyond belief.
It's been know for a long time that you can't do a Trade 1/2 for a game until that game has been released. It's stupid but how is that new for FS/BB? :p
You shaddap, fuzzy!!! >=[

Hi guys! I was hoping to find some friendly Canadian GAFer to help an Aussie out with the Canadian Club Nintendo.

Basically, I was hoping to partner up with someone who could collect packages (very) occasionally and send them through to Australia (you have to have a Paypal account so I can reimburse you for postage and maybe give you a small fee for your trouble). In return, you can keep some of the CN rewards.

PM me if you can help.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi guys! I was hoping to find some friendly Canadian GAFer to help an Aussie out with the Canadian Club Nintendo.

Basically, I was hoping to partner up with someone who could collect packages (very) occasionally and send them through to Australia (you have to have a Paypal account so I can reimburse you for postage and maybe give you a small fee for your trouble). In return, you can keep some of the CN rewards.

PM me if you can help.

Canadian Club Nintendo = US Club Nintendo, you'd probably be better off just going through the CN thread. Yankees would have cheaper shipping and there's more of them.

Canadian Club Nintendo = US Club Nintendo, you'd probably be better off just going through the CN thread. Yankees would have cheaper shipping and there's more of them.
Nintendo customer service are on to my living in Australia.

I bought the US 3DS and linked it up with a brand new CN account the second the eShop opened. A month or so later, NoA stopped allowing foreign credit cards on the eShop, so I switched to the Canadian store.

Then the SMT4/FE:A offer came up and I tried to redeem the code, but I forgot to update my CN address to a Canadian one, so they gave me a US code instead. As I'd already cleaned out my US credit, I much preferred to have it added to my Canadian balance.

So I emailed Nintendo asking them to give me a Canadian code instead.

Now they're asking for a valid address to prove I really live in Canada, so I need a Canadian address to put down.

Also, I have a lot of coins that I can't spend otherwise.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo customer service are on to my living in Australia.

I bought the US 3DS and linked it up with a brand new CN account the second the eShop opened. A month or so later, NoA stopped allowing foreign credit cards on the eShop, so I switched to the Canadian store.

Then the SMT4/FE:A offer came up and I tried to redeem the code, but I forgot to update my CN address to a Canadian one, so they gave me a US code instead. As I'd already cleaned out my US credit, I much preferred to have it added to my Canadian balance.

So I emailed Nintendo asking them to give me a Canadian code instead.

Now they're asking for a valid address to prove I really live in Canada, so I need a Canadian address to put down.

Also, I have a lot of coins that I can't spend otherwise.
I can give you mine? Or you can use a Walmart address here :p

It's amazing that FS/BB still won't allow this in their system. I guess they must be doing well enough so that they don't need to change, but their trade-in system is so inefficient compared to EB.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit! SMT Soul Hackers qualifies! The last time they were taking 3DS games I remember they only listed MonHun. This is awesome!

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Order it from their site and pay the additional money to have it shipped to Canada.
It's sold out everywhere, if people had to pay the extra 17 bucks in shipping, they would do it.

mr_ectomy

Neo Member
Did anyone got a mail of this? If only I got one, I will probably buy WiiU with it. Lucky for thos who got it. Damn.

Use the 20x coupon instead. You wont get 30% off the Wii U; it'll be the cost price, which is a few dollars less than retail. You also cannot mix and match those coupons. As an SDM employee who has bought all his consoles (Wii, PS3, 360, and 3DSXL) there, I know! Promise! I'm supposed to get 30% off all regular priced items as per my discount, but never, ever, have I been able to get 30% off a console (or non-value priced games, for that matter). Cost price is almost never 30% less than retail. Hope this helps!

Fuzzy

Anyone know if that Target $175 black 3DS XL offer applies here in Canada?
This should be posted for every US retail deal for stores that are also in Canada: No, never.
Saying that, 3DS XL (including black) are on sale for $180 this week at FS so price match at BB to get it for $178.

Anyone planning to go Fanexpo? Looks like I'll be there on a Sunday
There should be a thread going up soon but until then check the Toronto OT.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=501488&page=161

zroid

Banned
Use the 20x coupon instead. You wont get 30% off the Wii U; it'll be the cost price, which is a few dollars less than retail. You also cannot mix and match those coupons. As an SDM employee who has bought all his consoles (Wii, PS3, 360, and 3DSXL) there, I know! Promise! I'm supposed to get 30% off all regular priced items as per my discount, but never, ever, have I been able to get 30% off a console (or non-value priced games, for that matter). Cost price is almost never 30% less than retail. Hope this helps!
wait, is there actually an exception on those coupons saying the discounted price cannot be lower than the wholesale cost of the item? how can they get away with not honouring the coupon at face value, otherwise?

Fuzzy

wait, is there actually an exception on those coupons saying the discounted price cannot be lower than the wholesale cost of the item? how can they get away with not honouring the coupon at face value, otherwise?
What's the fine print on the back?

soultron

Banned
I'm trying to get a meet-up together in the Toronto thread for Sunday. You two up for it?
I'm going Sat and Sun so I'm in for either day if you guys want a meet up. But yeah, as Fuzzy mentioned, the Toronto-GAF thread is probably a better place to organise this in. :)

isny

napkin dispenser

What's the fine print on the back?

Just the usual fine print that the coupons can't be used towards lottery tickets and such. Despite Mr Ectomy not getting a good discount on consoles, it seems like SDM is offering a better deal to customers than to employees, go figure, as the fine print doesn't say anything about not being able to use the coupons on electronics.

My coupons are 20%, 25%, and 30% off with no restrictions on electronics. The coupons also don't seem to be unique, so everyone should be able to use em if you want to hand yours off to someone. Is it really worth it to get a Wii-U for 30% off? Isn't that still almost $200 with tax for the basic console?

isny

napkin dispenser
For some insane reason I thought they were $200. My mistake! (A man can dream, right?)

Well, in that case, I'd probably call around and see if you can find the Target deal for the $150 basic Wii U.

Yup, just went into a store and had them scan them. If it was $349.99 minus the 30% discout for the deluxe, AND it included a copy of NSMBU I'd consider biting. The coupons are good until September 9th, so here's hoping for a 20x points event before then.

thefil

So I traded Dark Moon for M&L today.

The people at BB had trouble getting their system to accept it, and seemed to suspect that the deal might be a misprint. So I'd recommend doing this trade soon if you were planning on it.

The people at BB had trouble getting their system to accept it, and seemed to suspect that the deal might be a misprint. So I'd recommend doing this trade soon if you were planning on it.

oh shit. hopefully it's still available tomorrow evening. fs also has dark moon on their list. I think that might be plausible because it wasn't on the trade 2 for 60 nor was it on the list for Pikmin or Dragon's Crown

No_Style

Thanks for mentioning this. I get to unload Dark Moon! Yay!

Top Bottom