• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tuck

So I traded Dark Moon for M&L today.

The people at BB had trouble getting their system to accept it, and seemed to suspect that the deal might be a misprint. So I'd recommend doing this trade soon if you were planning on it.

Uh oh. Can't do this till Tuesday. Hope they accept it.

Ondore

And usually when it's something blatant being exploited elsewhere (see: Walmart's $10 WiiU games getting yanked a couple of weeks ago).

Lexxism

The FS & BB site mentions from Aug 9 - 15. You should be safe. I've never heard of FS or BB modifying game lists during a promo.

It happened Friday last last week with WiiU COD, Nintendo land and batman. The game cost $10 at walmart and you'll get for $5 if you PM it to FS/BB. What's more, these games were included in the trade 2 for $60 of BB. They automatically removed the games overnight.

Tuck

Yeah well lets hope they don't realize how insanely good of a deal trading in Sticker Star for Mario & Luigi is...

No_Style

It happened Friday last last week with WiiU COD, Nintendo land and batman. The game cost $10 at walmart and you'll get for $5 if you PM it to FS/BB. What's more, these games were included in the trade 2 for $60 of BB. They automatically removed the games overnight.

I see. Those are extraordinary circumstances.

I'm heading in tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully they don't do anything drastic.

Astra

Has anybody returned an item to Futureshop beyond the return period?
I got a laptop for my mom, and she's not liking it. I am 5 days past the two week return period. Hopefully I can at least get in-store credit, as I will get her an iPad instead.

Have they been pretty lenient in people's experience with this kind of stuff?
Hopefully I get someone who is understanding.

Has anybody returned an item to Futureshop beyond the return period?
I got a laptop for my mom, and she's not liking it. I am 5 days past the two week return period. Hopefully I can at least get in-store credit, as I will get her an iPad instead.

Have they been pretty lenient in people's experience with this kind of stuff?
Hopefully I get someone who is understanding.

I returned something about 1 or 2 days after the return period and they didn't even blink.

Laptops, with a shorter return period, might be a little trickier though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I returned a game a week past the return window without problem. I just told them that I forgot.

Palehorse

I preordered The Bureau during E3 at FS.com for the $20 off deal, but am having second thoughts on it. Has anyone had success cancelling one game out of three on an order? I don't want to cancel the order for the other 2 games...

I have a second order as well, so technically I preordered 6 games during E3, removing one shouldn't invalidate the discount...

Anyone with experience there?

chrono01

Oddly, FS shipped Dream Team in a rigid cardboard envelope instead of the usual bubble mailer
They're so random.

I received my Mario & Luigi: Dream Team in a flimsy bubble envelope, as well as Dragon's Crown [with art book] and Pikmin 3 last week. Thankfully, all three weren't damaged [I was expecting the art book for Dragon's Crown to have crushed corners].

They really need to learn to be more consistent. ~_~

I preordered The Bureau during E3 at FS.com for the $20 off deal, but am having second thoughts on it. Has anyone had success cancelling one game out of three on an order? I don't want to cancel the order for the other 2 games...

I have a second order as well, so technically I preordered 6 games during E3, removing one shouldn't invalidate the discount...

Wait until it arrives and return it. The invoice will show them as separate orders.

Luigi87

Oddly, FS shipped Dream Team in a rigid cardboard envelope instead of the usual bubble mailer

Likewise.

I was ready to return my copy (as I have such a backlog at the moment...) and when I saw the cover, even my mother said I couldn't return it, lol

Luigi means a lot to me =P

suikodan

Anyone heard of Animal Crossing being 14,99$ at SDM? The website still shows the regular price for my area (near Mtl, Québec)

DaBoss

So how does the 10% thing work at Best Buy when you price match?

Anyone heard of Animal Crossing being 14,99$ at SDM? The website still shows the regular price for my area (near Mtl, Québec)

If that is the 3DS version, I would definitely try it out at that price lol.

Fuzzy

So how does the 10% thing work at Best Buy when you price match?
They take an additional 10% of the price difference.

For example, FS has the 3DS XL on sale for $180 while BB is selling it for $200. It's $20 cheaper at FS so BB will take $20 + 10% of that ($2) off of their price bringing it down to $178.

DaBoss

They take an additional 10% of the price difference.

For example, FS has the 3DS XL on sale for $180 while BB is selling it for $200. It's $20 cheaper at FS so BB will take $20 + 10% of that ($2) off of their price bringing it down to $178.
The difference of the store price to the lowest price that you see. They will get the 10% of it then subtract it with the lowest price.

edit: beaten

Alright, thanks. It was a long time since I price matched anything at Best Buy, so I forgot lol.

Sora_N

Speaking of price match, I managed to pricematch X-Men Trilogy Blu-Rays for $11.50 at Best Buy on Saturday night. The CSR totally had a wtf look on her face.

It was $15.00 on Walmart's site, but was rejected since it didn't include the digital copies or something. Then I pointed her to amazon.ca (same price) and it worked.

Serves them right for having that set for $45.99 lol.

Sora_N

I thought Amazon doesn't count for price matching? Or do I have to get lucky with someone who doesn't know that?

Amazon counts, but the CSR may try to tack on shipping if it's under the $25 amazon.ca free shipping amount. My CSR didn't, guess she forgot or it may be because amazon.ca was my second choice after walmart.ca.

big_z

Some folks claim that when they punch in their postal code over at Shoppers Drug Mart eflyer that Animal Crossing: New Leaf appears as $14.99. Not the case for me.

It' might be an error since the ds version can be found for that price in the bargain bin.
But I think Shoppers is getting rid of its games section, they haven't gotten anything recent and some stores that used to sell games no longer do. So maybe its a clearance price

zeitgeist

Some folks claim that when they punch in their postal code over at Shoppers Drug Mart eflyer that Animal Crossing: New Leaf appears as $14.99. Not the case for me.

Oh... For me it says it is 179.99 but is a picture of a 3DSXL

Go home SDM website. You are drunk!

Sora_N

It' might be an error since the ds version can be found for that price in the bargain bin.
But I think Shoppers is getting rid of its games section, they haven't gotten anything recent and some stores that used to sell games no longer do. So maybe its a clearance price

Ugh I have over 100k points atm, maybe I'll just get a Vita...

I hope it's not the case, the new Shoppers that opened up about 10 minutes away has a videogame section so may just be a clearance.

Fuzzy

Scarborough postal code.

D6Kj8wm.png

Anth0ny

omg i'm so happy

i7NYk1HElRgS1.JPG

first time I've ever managed to get in on one of those crazy, clearly a price error deals. god bless future shop price matching.

Do what i'm going to do: I ordered Splinter Cell: Blacklist for $40 and now that Spies vs Mercs multiplayer looks bad I don't want to play it anymore. So i'm going to wait for it to come in the mail and put it on Kijiji the day it comes out, still sealed for $50-55. I'll actually profit off of it.

khaaan

There's a shoppers drugmart near me that has 8GB Vita memory card on clearance for $15....I don't have a Vita but it's tempting. How do I check the price of the game? I can't find it on the SDM website.

stn

For anyone in the know: will there be any upcoming deals on Injustice: Gods Among Us? It was $39.99 at one point.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody actually managed to buy Animal Crossing "normally" for $15? I'd be interested in it, but I don't want to argue, try to price match, etc. what looks like a typo on the website.

Top Bottom