• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

TimeKillr

Jesus, I am never ordering from Monoprice ever again.

I asked here which site was the best to get cables, and someone said Monoprice even though its American. I know it takes a while, so I was ok with that for the savings. But this wait time is fucking terrible. I expected about 7 business days. But I am now going on the 12th.

I ordered an HDMI cable, and 2 other cables. Really small stuff. It was shipped on Aug 7th according to monoprice. It is now the 22nd and I still haven't gotten a damn thing. 11 business days and still no package? No joke, I have honestly gotten stuff faster from Hong Kong.

Is Canada Post really just that fucking terrible? Do you guys think the cables are gone?

The thing too with Monoprice is that if you get the cheapest shipping option, it ships via ground shipping via California.

I'm in Montreal. Ground shipping from Cali to MTL is fucking long. Like 2 weeks long. :( But their prices are incredible, so...

I did get a dud from them though. I ordered their knockoff MHL cable for my S3 and the signal just won't go through, so I know it's just a bad adapter. I can't be bothered to ship it back, though.

Tuck

The Best Buy deal is pretty good, though I wish it was as awesome as the E3 deal.

Hmm.. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus and.... the new 3DS Zelda? Or... W101 or Rayman. I want to support those games but I don't have a Wii U to play them. Same with Sonic Lost World. And $49.99 is still pretty pricey.

Ratchet for $20 is too sweet to pass up. Just need to find another game to buy with it. Possibly/probably Zelda, I guess.

EDIT: Went with Ratchet and Zelda.

ohlawd

how good is Best Buy with getting stuff on their launch dates?

oh offtopic but uhh Virtue's Last Reward on the eShop now for 25 bucks. what the fuck man I just paid full price for this shit like weeks ago.

They're pretty good, usually you would get your stuff on launch day or a day before or after, both with games and systems.

Amazon updated my delivery date to Nov 21-22, even though I pre ordered right after the conference. Is that normal?

Maybe you need to upgrade your shipping speed a little bit, almost nobody here has an experience with them on big launches.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

oh offtopic but uhh Virtue's Last Reward on the eShop now for 25 bucks. what the fuck man I just paid full price for this shit like weeks ago.

Living in Toronto, I find Futureshop delivers on release day 90% of the time. For Best Buy I`ve never gotten a game on release day, always had to wait a day or two.

Amazon updated my delivery date to Nov 21-22, even though I pre ordered right after the conference. Is that normal?

Yikes, you made me check my delivery date with that statement.

I ordered right after the conference, and I have PRIORITY SHIPPING and my delivery date is Nov 19 2013 - Nov 20 2013.

:/

Man. Might just cancel it and try to get a preorder in somewhere in the city now...although I do save like 20 bucks on taxes by using Amazon because they don't charge PST.

I ordered right after the conference, and I have PRIORITY SHIPPING and my delivery date is Nov 19 2013 - Nov 20 2013.

Man. Might just cancel it and try to get a preorder in somewhere in the city now...although I do save like 20 bucks on taxes by using Amazon because they don't charge PST.
I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet... Might just be where I live but I find their dates are fairly conservative. You could try contacting them to see if that is the date they actually expect, or if it might be possible to do release day shipping.

I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet... Might just be where I live but I find their dates are fairly conservative. You could try contacting them to see if that is the date they actually expect, or if it might be possible to do release day shipping.

Suppose so. I'll leave it for now. I'll have to wait for my games to come from the best buy deal anyway now that I think about it. Hopefully I'd get them on release day but I wouldn't be shocked if they came the monday after or something.

Still, that weekend of waiting will be brutal! I guess I could use it to go hermit all weekend and finish up my assignments for the rest of the semester to keep my mind off of it or something. Then have no university-related distractions for the next two weeks!

kasane

Does staples do price match off websites? I just bought a razer blackwidow as a gift to my nephew and I saw blackwidows for 89 at NCIX

isny

napkin dispenser

Mine says shipping estimate November 18th, meaning I'll have it next day. If you're in Ontario, and you preordered a launch edition, you'll probably get it on the 19th.

Firestorm

Cancelling a PS4 order seems like a very stupid thing to do. Return if you have to but don't take a risk by canceling.

Mine says shipping estimate November 18th, meaning I'll have it next day. If you're in Ontario, and you preordered a launch edition, you'll probably get it on the 19th.

I'm in saskatoon, but yup launch edition. I'd expect it on the 19th too though!

Cancelling a PS4 order seems like a very stupid thing to do. Return if you have to but don't take a risk by canceling.

Yeah, not gonna. I've waited this long, I can wait another weekend.

TimeKillr

They don't do release day shipping for the PS4 for some reason. It sucks horribly :( They might in the future, but right now it's just normal stuff.

Mine's at Express Shipping and it says nov 20-21. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
dMfPtNr.png

Exceptions:
Unfortunately, physical Gift Cards, eGift Cards and ConnectPro services cannot be purchased using PayPal due to the way payments are processed with our partners. To purchase these items, please select a credit card as your method of payment or visit your local Future Shop.

Check the link for all the other details.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/paypal-information/hc8293.aspx

Lexxism

^
Offer begins at 12:00:00 am PST August 23. 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PST August 29, 2013, or only as long as Future Shop's website indicates that the Offer is available, whichever occurs first. To receive this Offer, you must use a Canadian PayPal account in good standing and complete a qualifying purchase no later than August 29, 2013, 11:59:59pm PST.

Ah. It's just a limited time. If only FS have the vita bundle with 1 yr PS+, this will be perfect opportunity to buy one.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
dMfPtNr.png

Exceptions:
Unfortunately, physical Gift Cards, eGift Cards and ConnectPro services cannot be purchased using PayPal due to the way payments are processed with our partners. To purchase these items, please select a credit card as your method of payment or visit your local Future Shop.

Check the link for all the other details.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/help/paypal-information/hc8293.aspx

Looking forward for BB having Paypal so I can use my rewardzone, PayPal and get DAT reward zone visa points.

krae_man

The Best Buy deal is pretty good, though I wish it was as awesome as the E3 deal.

Hmm.. Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus and.... the new 3DS Zelda? Or... W101 or Rayman. I want to support those games but I don't have a Wii U to play them. Same with Sonic Lost World. And $49.99 is still pretty pricey.

Ratchet for $20 is too sweet to pass up. Just need to find another game to buy with it. Possibly/probably Zelda, I guess.

EDIT: Went with Ratchet and Zelda.

I thought the best buy deal was for $60 games only.

No_Style

krae_man

Cool, Ratchet is the only thing there I see that I want. Guess I'll grab Agent or Last Guardian with it then cancel after Ratchet ships.

khaaan

Oh lawd is this Gamescom deal actually money off instead of getting reward zone points?
Reward Zone points always bugged me because I never felt like I was getting a real discount. Will preorder

Lexxism

Depends how long this runs for

Well, the promo starts later today at 3pm EST and will last till Aug 29.

Offer begins at 12:00:00 am PST August 23. 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm PST August 29, 2013, or only as long as Future Shop's website indicates that the Offer is available, whichever occurs first. To receive this Offer, you must use a Canadian PayPal account in good standing and complete a qualifying purchase no later than August 29, 2013, 11:59:59pm PST.

hookurs

I pre-ordered the launch day PS4 back in May right after E3, WOOOT!! But I've now decided that I want the PS4 Camera too. So when I went to EB Games to add it to my pre-order they told me they couldn't add it. He kept saying it wasn't in their listings to pre-order anymore.

So I went online and bought the thing on EB Games.ca or whatever, where they specifically tell you that store pick up is not possible.

Amazon.ca didn't have any for pre-order anymore, and Amazon.com was 25 bucks more for shipping .. etc.

What do you guys think? Anyone working at EB?

Should I order from FS instead, and cancel my EB online order?

I preordered a PS4 right after Sony's E3 conference through Amazon, but now that it's coming on a Friday I'd really like to play it that weekend rather than wait until sometime the middle of the following week. What are my options?

Any chance one of the local EB's still taking launch day preorders? Will places like Futureshop and Best Buy still have in-store stock for those without preorders?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Cool, Ratchet is the only thing there I see that I want. Guess I'll grab Agent or Last Guardian with it then cancel after Ratchet ships.
That's the only game I want also that I don't already have pre-ordered. I think I'll do the same as you. I still have a copy of Agent pre-ordered from another deal that they won't let me cancel through the site so it's just sitting there. :lol

WallMart Vita with 1 year PS+ bundle shows at 199$ online but 299$ in-store when I enter my postal code. Will they price match their online price even if the item is out of stock online?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I received an e-mail newsletter from Microplay stating that they will sell Killer is Dead for $40... Misprint, price drop for all retailers, or cheaper price there only? I just cancelled my preorder from them yesterday to order with the BestBuy $10 off thing, I don't want to cancel from BestBuy and go back to Microplay again...!

I received an e-mail newsletter from Microplay stating that they will sell Killer is Dead for $40... Misprint, price drop for all retailers, or cheaper price there only? I just cancelled my preorder from them yesterday to order with the BestBuy $10 off thing, I don't want to cancel from BestBuy and go back to Microplay again...!

Oh shit... Not sure what to do now...

You can always return your Best Buy order if you walk in Microplay Tuesday and it is indeed 39.99$!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit... Not sure what to do now...

You can always return your Best Buy order if you walk in Microplay Tuesday and it is indeed 39.99$!

I e-mailed BestBuy with a link to the Microplay ad to see if they'd be willing to adjust the price in my order. I'll see.

It's my first time ordering from Best Buy, I hope they'll ship my games soon! Luigi U is releasing this sunday, and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation. :p

I e-mailed BestBuy with a link to the Microplay ad to see if they'd be willing to adjust the price in my order. I'll see.

It's my first time ordering from Best Buy, I hope they'll ship my games soon! Luigi U is releasing this sunday, and I still haven't received a shipping confirmation. :p

I called microplay, it's 59.99$ in their system. Misprint. Might still work with price match, though!

dream

Can somebody please teach me how to successfully complete an order using PayPal on bestbuy.ca? Because I may just be too stupid to figure it out.

Can somebody please teach me how to successfully complete an order using PayPal on bestbuy.ca? Because I may just be too stupid to figure it out.

Just remember to go back and change your shipping options to ground (so that it's free). It defaults to express shipping.

Top Bottom