• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

vulva

Anyone else using Teksavvy, I have a question.

So now that they're planning to start charging for overages but are offering their "zap the cap" plan, I was curious how this would work.

IE say it was March 20th and I was at 290GB of data used, could I "zap the cap" until the end of the month, then just turn it off when the new month arrives without receiving any additional billings?

My 1st generation ps3 bite the dust today. are there any good sales going on? I see most models are 12gb, are those my only option?

Off the top of my head not right now. There should be like a Spring sale or something, hopefully on PS3 models. You can get some really awesome bundles as well. Problem is they're almost all the Super Slim PS3 models. I feel for you though, my OG 1st Gen PS3 died late last year and I just couldn't deal with constantly putting it on life support so I got another one, the White PS+ 500GB Super Slim. Poor OG PS3 is just a blu-ray and media streaming device now.

I was just at Walmart and all I saw were the 12GB ones. I still hate how ugly the new PS3 looks.

The Super Slim's are so odd looking. It looks and feels cheap, and the disc drive is on top so it's almost ideal to have it positioned horizontally. It's like... The PS1 disc drive is basically what I mean.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else using Teksavvy, I have a question.

So now that they're planning to start charging for overages but are offering their "zap the cap" plan, I was curious how this would work.

IE say it was March 20th and I was at 290GB of data used, could I "zap the cap" until the end of the month, then just turn it off when the new month arrives without receiving any additional billings?

That's a good question, I assume it would work like that.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Here's a little deal I took advantage of today.

They've got the Tritton (MadCatz) Wii U Kunai (misspelled on their website at Kunia) on for $7.95

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e7ede1cfcff7b90519fe99d426f2aa0fen02

These headphones have a single 3.5mm jack that would also work on PS4 and Xbox One (with the headset adapter)... so all well and good, right? Well, if you pair it with this cable (which can be found cheaper elsewhere):

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=24da7c9385e0122d93c7579f5689db28en02

You can then use it on your PC, as it splits out the mic signal from the headphone signal.

All of a sudden, you have not-terrible set of headphones for your Computer, Wii U, Ps4 and Xbox One for the price of $16 after taxes.

Now, the website is out of stock, but they've got plenty in store (at leat in London). The red ones are also on for $7.95 in store, too.

The exact same headset but in the "Universal" variant, goes for $60 on their website, and other places too.

amrod

Same here with South Park, gonna return it tomorrow and grab a headset for Xbone instead. Canada post sux, second time I ordered something and I was home waiting and they delivered to the wrong suite so I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up from the post office. Ups from Amazon always delivers to the right door and is delivered faster than canada post.

I'm returning my ps3 southpark too.. I couldnt wait, got it on steam & beat it on already

Napophis

Anyone know if you can move store credit from one EBgames to another? I recently bought a house up in Alliston but have around $200 in store credit on a platnium card at a Toronto EB. Any ideas on how to get that moved?

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Anyone know if you can move store credit from one EBgames to another? I recently bought a house up in Alliston but have around $200 in store credit on a platnium card at a Toronto EB. Any ideas on how to get that moved?

edge card credit can be used at any eb.

Lexxism

You can pretty much use the credit anywhere in Canada. It's not limited to one place afaik.

Just want to let Toronto GAF know that World's Biggest still has a shit load of Wind Waker HD guides. Couldn't believe how many there were, must've easily been like 10 or so.

There's one Lego City guide left, think I saw an Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 guide, I think there was a special Injustice guide, Disgaea D2 guides, Skylanders Swapforce guide, a Premier Edition Super Mario Galaxy 2 guide (tempted but I don't actually own it plus I spent a lot already), standard and hardcover Link Between Worlds guides. A few Wonderful 101 guides. And still lots of other Brady brand guides I didn't remember the names of. Think I saw Tomb Raider 2013 guides as well.

My copy of Pikmin 3's guide was the last one, almost missed it as well! lol The above ios as of when I was there earlier today, so don't be surprised if more are gone now or by tomorrow. :)

Edit: Oh and I recall seeing a HG/SS and BW guide of sorts, forget which specific ones, I think the HG/SS one is the Pokedex.

My first post on GAF! Just wanted to say thanks for this thread because it's scored me some awesome deals!

On that note, anyone know of any good Wind Waker deals?

koopas

Just want to let Toronto GAF know that World's Biggest still has a shit load of Wind Waker HD guides. Couldn't believe how many there were, must've easily been like 10 or so.

There's one Lego City guide left, think I saw an Assassin's Creed 3 and 4 guide, I think there was a special Injustice guide, Disgaea D2 guides, Skylanders Swapforce guide, a Premier Edition Super Mario Galaxy 2 guide (tempted but I don't actually own it plus I spent a lot already), standard and hardcover Link Between Worlds guides. A few Wonderful 101 guides. And still lots of other Brady brand guides I didn't remember the names of. Think I saw Tomb Raider 2013 guides as well.

My copy of Pikmin 3's guide was the last one, almost missed it as well! lol The above ios as of when I was there earlier today, so don't be surprised if more are gone now or by tomorrow. :)

Edit: Oh and I recall seeing a HG/SS and BW guide of sorts, forget which specific ones, I think the HG/SS one is the Pokedex.
Were they cover priced or discounted?

They've got the Tritton (MadCatz) Wii U Kunai (misspelled on their website at Kunia) on for $7.95

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e7ede1cfcff7b90519fe99d426f2aa0fen02

These headphones have a single 3.5mm jack that would also work on PS4 and Xbox One (with the headset adapter)... so all well and good, right? Well, if you pair it with this cable (which can be found cheaper elsewhere):

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=24da7c9385e0122d93c7579f5689db28en02

You can then use it on your PC, as it splits out the mic signal from the headphone signal.

All of a sudden, you have not-terrible set of headphones for your Computer, Wii U, Ps4 and Xbox One for the price of $16 after taxes.

Now, the website is out of stock, but they've got plenty in store (at leat in London). The red ones are also on for $7.95 in store, too.

The exact same headset but in the "Universal" variant, goes for $60 on their website, and other places too.
Huh. Did not know that the splitter was going to do that trick. Interesting. I did get those headsets for 9.99 around boxing day, and I did notice that they've dropped to 7.95. The red ones are still at $20 from where I am seeing them in stores.

FrsDvl

Anyone here that has used irentmygames.ca? I signed up today, but never have i used a renting service before. With the price hike, and too many games that i want to play, i figured renting would be a more convenient way to get all the games i want to play.

Returners

How are they for general usage compared to the Pulse Elites? I've had discomfort using them for long periods of time.

How are they for general usage compared to the Pulse Elites? I've had discomfort using them for long periods of time.
Just did a podcast for almost 2 hours with them. Yeah, I'd say that's the upper limit. Or at least take a break once you get a chance with them.

LakeEarth

Infamous: Second Son is still $60 at The Source, fyi. I got a $25 gift card when I bought my PS4 (good timing, the "spend $150, get $25" deal was on when they were in stock) so I ended up using that to get Infamous. So in the end I only spend $42 on the game. Worked out really nice.

I was hoping that my Titanfall pre order from Shop.ca would have shipped today in order to arrive for tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be playing the waiting game like my last orders...

Layth

Anyone here that has used irentmygames.ca? I signed up today, but never have i used a renting service before. With the price hike, and too many games that i want to play, i figured renting would be a more convenient way to get all the games i want to play.

That's interesting. Definitely post your thoughts on it once you've been using it for a while. I've been using GameAccess.ca for a while, but my turn around with them is sometimes 2+ weeks because I'm located in BC.

lupinko

I want that blue animal crossing pouch but I only have 335 coins and it's 500 coins. I should have never gotten that Mario pouch. Arrrrgh.

Should I just wait for it to show up on the Japanese Club Nintendo? They apparently have the same Mario hat pouch I got and those Mario (and Animal Crossing) Hanafuda cards too.

big_z

amazons price on dark souls 2 360 is fucked up. I was hoping to price match it at bestbuy. is there anywhere else selling it for $59?

I was hoping that my Titanfall pre order from Shop.ca would have shipped today in order to arrive for tomorrow, but it looks like I'll be playing the waiting game like my last orders...

I'll try to find out from our marketplace guys to see if these have shipped yet (usually our video game stuff ships for day of release if you're in the GTA). Sometimes the supplier marks stuff as shipped days after they've shipped it. For example, I ordered AC4 on a Monday night and it arrived on a Wednesday, but I didn't get the ship notice till Thursday morning. Also we had some big upgrades on the backend system last night and so I'm not sure if everything that needed to be processed to show updated order statuses happened because that stuff usually happens at night.

We also just got some Titanfall bundles in stock if anyone is still on the fence on that.

I'll try to find out from our marketplace guys to see if these have shipped yet (usually our video game stuff ships for day of release if you're in the GTA). Sometimes the supplier marks stuff as shipped days after they've shipped it. For example, I ordered AC4 on a Monday night and it arrived on a Wednesday, but I didn't get the ship notice till Thursday morning. Also we had some big upgrades on the backend system last night and so I'm not sure if everything that needed to be processed to show updated order statuses happened because that stuff usually happens at night.

We also just got some Titanfall bundles in stock if anyone is still on the fence on that.

Oh okay, cool. Here's hoping that it will show up sometime today. Also people who scoop up that Titanfall bundle can save a bunch if it's their first transaction, and can coupon stack (as well as purchase it through eBates).

suikodan

Anybody have this line in their E3 2013 FutureShop order?

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC) 11 mars, 2014

I did order DS2 for PC for the E3 rebate then received an email saying the order would be cancelled THEN this shows up.

It's kind of confusing. It'll probably go back to the store though if it ever goes through.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody have this line in their E3 2013 FutureShop order?

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition (PC) 11 mars, 2014

I did order DS2 for PC for the E3 rebate then received an email saying the order would be cancelled THEN this shows up.

It's kind of confusing. It'll probably go back to the store though if it ever goes through.

When Future Shop first put Dark Souls 2 PC up on the store it was mislabeled as Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition. I had the same cancellation and have the same line in my order. I think it's just an error that didn't get cleaned up properly when they were removing Dark Souls 2 PC from people's orders.

In related news, my Dark Souls 2 PS3 arrived today and I the mail man actually came up and knocked on my door instead of safe dropping or leaving a note for me to pick it up at the post office! Thank you new mail man!

Dazzler

Was in my local SDM last night picking up some snacks and their 19.99 gaming bin had everything reduced to $5. Picked up Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360, Dishonored PS3 and Pro Evo Soccer for 3DS for 15 bucks combined

not bad, bin had been pretty picked over at this point, barely anything left

In Vancouver FYI

Was in my local SDM last night picking up some snacks and their 19.99 gaming bin had everything reduced to $5. Picked up Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for 360, Dishonored PS3 and Pro Evo Soccer for 3DS for 15 bucks combined

not bad, bin had been pretty picked over at this point, barely anything left

In Vancouver FYI

Which one?

Top Bottom