• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

curb

Banned
Hmm... just downloaded the PS3 version of Tomb Raider with PS+. Is the Xbox One version that much better?

I can't speak to the XB1 version but I was comparing the PS3 version I got on PS+ with the PS4 version and there's a huge visual difference.

Is it enough to warrant the cost when you've got it on Plus? I kinda doubt it.

ElNino

I can't speak to the XB1 version but I was comparing the PS3 version I got on PS+ with the PS4 version and there's a huge visual difference.

Is it enough to warrant the cost when you've got it on Plus? I kinda doubt it.
Thanks, other than visuals though it sounds like the same game. Well, there's extra DLC included I guess, but I doubt I'd play the multiplayer so that's probably not worth anything to me.

I'll stick to my "free" PS+ version for now.

Hmm... just downloaded the PS3 version of Tomb Raider with PS+. Is the Xbox One version that much better?

In terms of graphics yes it's a huge jump.

But if you played the single player on any of the older systems u aren't getting anything new.

I was lucky to have not of played it when I got it for x1

On another topic.... Has anyone gotten their titanfall from shop.ca? I ordered mine but still says processing, but not the first time it has done that and then arrived at my doorstep

Joeku

Of course my Dark Souls 2 package says it's delivered but the mail key is not in the box with the rest of my mail. Of course, Canada Post.

RE_Player

With Canada getting screwed when it comes to new retail releases and now missing promotions we once got, like the upcoming PSN buy $60 get $10 we are excluded from, will downloadable only titles see an increase in price as well. Will games that are $15 on PSN for example be priced at $20 for Canada?

zroid

Banned
Some indies and publishers have begun charging 10% more in CAD on the eShop, so if anything we might see a 10% increase on PSN as well. No more than that probably.

ElNino

In terms of graphics yes it's a huge jump.

But if you played the single player on any of the older systems u aren't getting anything new.

I was lucky to have not of played it when I got it for x1
See that's it... I just downloaded it on PS+ yesterday and I haven't even booted it up so I don't have any reference to compare the X1 version against yet. But since "free" is better than $30, I'll probably stick with the PS+ version as long as it plays fine.

MesH

Here's a little deal I took advantage of today.

They've got the Tritton (MadCatz) Wii U Kunai (misspelled on their website at Kunia) on for $7.95

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=e7ede1cfcff7b90519fe99d426f2aa0fen02

These headphones have a single 3.5mm jack that would also work on PS4 and Xbox One (with the headset adapter)... so all well and good, right? Well, if you pair it with this cable (which can be found cheaper elsewhere):

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=24da7c9385e0122d93c7579f5689db28en02

You can then use it on your PC, as it splits out the mic signal from the headphone signal.

All of a sudden, you have not-terrible set of headphones for your Computer, Wii U, Ps4 and Xbox One for the price of $16 after taxes.

Now, the website is out of stock, but they've got plenty in store (at leat in London). The red ones are also on for $7.95 in store, too.

The exact same headset but in the "Universal" variant, goes for $60 on their website, and other places too.

Thanks man, reserved one so I can use it on my PS4 and Xbone.

frequency

I am reminded why I stopped using Amazon.ca...

Atelier Escha & Logy is out today. In stock at EBGames.ca

... Amazon.ca?
"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months."

Why does Amazon.ca never get things on release day ever?
Why is Amazon.ca such garbage compared to Amazon.com in general?

Living in Canada is so frustrating sometimes. Stupid price hike. Stupid Canadian dollar. Stupid Amazon.ca.

(I'm ordering from there because $49.99 vs $54.99 everywhere else)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
nUcMkkj.jpg

I got everything that came out today on release day. First time in a while. lol

I think I must be the only person who has all three of these though. :p

1337Sauce

Not too sure if it has been posted yet but this is an amazing deal for anybody that is a post-secondary school student (aka broke College/Uni students)

Xbox 360 Essentials Pack including:

A Wireless 360 Controller
The 360 Media Remote
Three Months of Xbox Live Gold
An HDMI Cable

For 8.99 + tax. Literally crapped my pants when I saw this online. You can find it on the Microsoft Store right now, look under student deals or one of the tabs at the top and I am sure you will find it.

You DO need a way to validate your student status though! I used my school email address, in which case they send you an email and it lets you purchase it through that. There are other ways but I'm not too sure how they work!

EDIT: Damn literally just went out of stock, might be worth refreshing though since it went out of stock earlier today as well and went back up!

krae_man

With Canada getting screwed when it comes to new retail releases and now missing promotions we once got, like the upcoming PSN buy $60 get $10 we are excluded from, will downloadable only titles see an increase in price as well. Will games that are $15 on PSN for example be priced at $20 for Canada?

At PS3 launch games were 10% more. so $10.99 instead of $9.99.

iLLmAtlc

I am reminded why I stopped using Amazon.ca...

Atelier Escha & Logy is out today. In stock at EBGames.ca

... Amazon.ca?
"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months."

Why does Amazon.ca never get things on release day ever?
Why is Amazon.ca such garbage compared to Amazon.com in general?

Living in Canada is so frustrating sometimes. Stupid price hike. Stupid Canadian dollar. Stupid Amazon.ca.

(I'm ordering from there because $49.99 vs $54.99 everywhere else)

Try price matching at futureshop or best buy?

Jinto

2014/03/11 12:39 MONTREAL Item processed

2014/03/08 00:34 EDMONTON In transit Learn More The item is travelling to its destination. It will remain in this state until it arrives at the final processing location. Typically, the final processing scan occurs on the expected delivery date or the day before at the local delivery facility. Check this date to know when we will attempt delivery.

2014/03/07 21:38 EDMONTON Item processed

2014/03/05 02:34 MONTREAL Item processed

2014/03/04 04:35 MONTREAL Item processed at local delivery facility Learn More The item has arrived at the destination facility for final sorting before delivery. Look for an "Out for Delivery" scan today or tomorrow to know when delivery will occur. You can also sign up for email notifications.

2014/02/28 17:50 MONTREAL Item processed

I don't get Canada Post sometimes. I live in Edmonton, so why is my item processed at local delivery facility in Montreal? Why did they send it back to Montreal after it was processed here?

big_z

Anyone in Edmonton know if bestbuy is selling the regular version of dark souls 2(360)? Only black armor edition is listed online and its sold out, they sent me an email saying my in store preorder was cancelled. :(

I want to use my $20 off reward zone coupon. Do they work at futureshop?

MesH

Did anyone else pre-order Titanfall from the Microsoft store? It said you get $10 in MS Credit... but I don't know where or when I'm supposed to receive this. It doesn't show it on the invoice or receipt... I feel like I got bamboozled.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/microsoft-store-pre-order-titanfall-xbox-one-xbox-360-get-10-xbox-credit-1450272/

Ach, looks like other people in the thread didn't get it either.

If you read the fine print online it said it was US only, thats is why I didn't order from them.

So now EB offers trade 3 games worth $10+ each and get any of these games:
Dark Souls II
Infamous: Second Son
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Elder Scrolls Online

Now it's official, we moved from the age of T2 to the age of T3 offers!
Expect FS/BB to bring the same shit soon along with their limited qualifying list which will be worthless anyway!

Anth0ny

All we need is Future Shop to announce they aren't doing the E3 deals anymore and we can close this thread forever.

RIP gaming deals in Canada

zroid

Banned
So now EB offers trade 3 games worth $10+ each and get any of these games:
Dark Souls II
Infamous: Second Son
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Elder Scrolls Online

Now it's official, we moved from the age of T2 to the age of T3 offers!
Expect FS/BB to bring the same shit soon along with their limited qualifying list which will be worthless anyway!

Have we also moved from the age of new-ish console games having trade values of 15+ to 10+, or are they just being more lenient now :p

Have we also moved from the age of new-ish console games having trade values of 15+ to 10+, or are they just being more lenient now :p

Yeah that caught my attention too, with EB I'd expect the worst though :(
As mentioned it only takes FS cancelling their E3 deals or having worthless one and we are done here, it's gonna be a whining and bitching thread!

big_z

All we need is Future Shop to announce they aren't doing the E3 deals anymore and we can close this thread forever.

RIP gaming deals in Canada

They'll do a promo this year but it will be a instant $10 off credit and Best buy will do their $10 worth of points.

Dark souls 2 sold out everywhere in Edmonton it seems. Haha.

I'm hoping best but stores have some standard edition copies. Going to check in a few hours after my run unless someone says otherwise.

Top Bottom