• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I don't know about consoles, but "anything above $20" qualifies for free shipping, including games.

Speaking of shipping, looks like my copy of Titanfall has shipped. Surprised that I got the notice on a Sunday but there's a chance that I'll get it on release day this time. Also, you guys are right - no shipping charges - yay!!

Platy

Can someone please explain how trade in works ?

I am not from canada, but I have a friend visiting there and I asked for him to get me a WiiU .... but the cheapest one was the Skylanders Bundle and I was thinking what game can he trade that for ?

RS4-

I am not from canada, but I have a friend visiting there and I asked for him to get me a WiiU .... but the cheapest one was the Skylanders Bundle and I was thinking what game can he trade that for ?

Any game you want for the most part as long as it's on 3ds, wiiu, ps3/4, xbox 360/one.

Platy

Any chance for the Starter pack for Skylanders without a box ?
Maybe separate figurines ?

edit:
oh that was games I can trade that .... understood

Cheerilee

Basically, some chains like EB Games sell used games, so if you bring in your old games, they'll give you a few bucks worth of "store credit" for them. The might give you a buck or two if the game isn't in demand.

Do you happen to have a PS3 with 40 games lying around that you no longer want? If so, you can probably trade that for a WiiU. I personally think trading in games is a ripoff.

When retail was $70 back in 2006, was bargain bin price at 20 bucks?

You will eventually find games cheaper at that price but it is going to take a while to get there.

As for the weakening CAD$, don't expect the dollar to get back up anytime soon. I think we are in for a long run and it is dropping even further today.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, so World's Biggest is finally closing. It makes sense, since having a giant retail space for books is probably a bad idea nowadays... but you know that it's just going to be a condo or something that's going to go up there. lol

Also, it looks like my costco order was cancelled. No Xbox deal for me!

Ah, so World's Biggest is finally closing. It makes sense, since having a giant retail space for books is probably a bad idea nowadays... but you know that it's just going to be a condo or something that's going to go up there. lol

Why? Did you get an email?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Last I heard was that it would be 4 restaurants.

I got an email from Costco saying that my transaction for the Xbox Live 12 month sub got cancelled. Something about not being able to verify my info. Everything I gave them was legit, so I dunno. Oh well.

World's Biggest Bookstore closing hurts so much. :( Yet ANOTHER of my childhood stores is dying. :'(

I'll try to grab some strategy guides if I find any. Would like Pikmin 3 and maybe Animal Crossing New Leaf at least. Oh and the 2nd XY Pokedex guide.

MesH

Any fellow Gaffers grabbing Titanfall for Xbone. If you are go ahead and add me to live.

Gamer Tag: MesH Iversen

Anth0ny

anyone's dark souls 2 ship from amazon.ca yet? it's telling me estimated delivery is march 20... which is ridiculous, since amazon.ca has always delivered on launch day for me (free shipping). ugh.

DJ_Lae

I got my Costco e-mail with the code, so they must have run out past a certain point on Friday.

I wonder if they're the same price in stores. I know the location near me in Edmonton has almost eliminated their videogame section entirely over the past month. There's basically only a rack of cardboard placeholders for consoles and a few new games and a handful of Skylanders starter kits crammed onto the book tables.

I assume it's a stock issue? Not sure. The listing itself is completely gone from the costo site.

I got an email from Costco saying that my transaction for the Xbox Live 12 month sub got cancelled. Something about not being able to verify my info. Everything I gave them was legit, so I dunno. Oh well.

I got my Costco e-mail with the code, so they must have run out past a certain point on Friday.

I wonder if they're the same price in stores. I know the location near me in Edmonton has almost eliminated their videogame section entirely over the past month. There's basically only a rack of cardboard placeholders for consoles and a few new games and a handful of Skylanders starter kits crammed onto the book tables.

I just got an email with the code. I don't have a Costco membership but ordered from my old Costco account that I haven't renewed from years.

Also, I ordered after Firehawk12 did on friday. So they were still in stock for sure when i placed an ordered.

Any fellow Gaffers grabbing Titanfall for Xbone. If you are go ahead and add me to live.

Gamer Tag: MesH Iversen

Yeah i am and will add your when im on there.

MarkusRJR

I know this isn't really gaming related, but are there any good sales on washers and dryers? Both of my current ones finally died and I can't afford to buy anything above $1000. There are a bunch of cheap ones at local places but they seem kinda shitty.

Cheerilee

I know this isn't really gaming related, but are there any good sales on washers and dryers? Both of my current ones finally died and I can't afford to buy anything above $1000. There are a bunch of cheap ones at local places but they seem kinda shitty.

Do you have a Habitat for Humanity ReStore in your area? Their selection is very unpredictable (they get new and used stuff that was donated for tax write-offs), but they do handle appliances, and pretty much everything in their store is a crazy-good deal (afaik they try to price things at 50% of what they're normally worth).

Mupod

anyone's dark souls 2 ship from amazon.ca yet? it's telling me estimated delivery is march 20... which is ridiculous, since amazon.ca has always delivered on launch day for me (free shipping). ugh.

I cancelled my amazon.ca dark souls 2 order because their estimated delivery was something similarly ridiculous. I went with future shop which has always reliably given me release date delivery, but I have no idea what's going on this time. My card was charged friday morning and the game has yet to be shipped. Every other time my card was charged I got a tracking number within an hour.

Probably going to look around at target etc to see if anyone has it and if I do, I'll return my FS copy.

Dorygrant

Man, I am so tempted to drop the 200 on the refurbished Wii U from Nintendo. Does anyone know how long the offer is going on for at that price? How much is the shipping to Toronto?

Well I got back and managed to get the Pikmin 3 guide, as well as the Lego City and Wind Waker guides. :) And the latest Sonic Digest whatever for a couple more bucks.

I cancelled my amazon.ca dark souls 2 order because their estimated delivery was something similarly ridiculous. I went with future shop which has always reliably given me release date delivery, but I have no idea what's going on this time. My card was charged friday morning and the game has yet to be shipped. Every other time my card was charged I got a tracking number within an hour.

Probably going to look around at target etc to see if anyone has it and if I do, I'll return my FS copy.
They haven't shipped my Best Buy order either.

I want it tomorrow. :(

amrod

anyone who ordered Metal Gear from futureshop via the e3 promo... what do we get

my order says

Metal Gear Solid V (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99

Will I get
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PlayStation 4)
or
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PlayStation 4) ?

Beats

When I pre-ordered the Black Armor edition (the one with the soundtrack and metal case) it gave me that estimate as well. I ended up cancelling that and pre-ordered the game only this morning and it shipped this afternoon.

mdubs

Banned
anyone who ordered Metal Gear from futureshop via the e3 promo... what do we get

my order says

Metal Gear Solid V (PlayStation 4) 1 $39.99

Will I get
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PlayStation 4)
or
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PlayStation 4) ?

You'll get the Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes was added later as a separate SKU.

bPod

My 1st generation ps3 bite the dust today. are there any good sales going on? I see most models are 12gb, are those my only option?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My 1st generation ps3 bite the dust today. are there any good sales going on? I see most models are 12gb, are those my only option?
That seems to be the primary model that's on sale nowadays.

If your old PS3 is already dead, then at least you could reuse its hard drive.

MesH

got my shipping notice from future shop for dark souls! almost makes up for only getting south park TODAY

Same here with South Park, gonna return it tomorrow and grab a headset for Xbone instead. Canada post sux, second time I ordered something and I was home waiting and they delivered to the wrong suite so I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up from the post office. Ups from Amazon always delivers to the right door and is delivered faster than canada post.

Top Bottom