• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

They'll do a promo this year but it will be a instant $10 off credit and Best buy will do their $10 worth of points.

They can do that and I'm not gonna even put a single preorder, all games will be bought a couple weeks late after the inevitable $20 price drop happens!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I am reminded why I stopped using Amazon.ca...

Atelier Escha & Logy is out today. In stock at EBGames.ca

... Amazon.ca?
"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months."

Why does Amazon.ca never get things on release day ever?
Why is Amazon.ca such garbage compared to Amazon.com in general?

Living in Canada is so frustrating sometimes. Stupid price hike. Stupid Canadian dollar. Stupid Amazon.ca.

(I'm ordering from there because $49.99 vs $54.99 everywhere else)
Like I said before, Amazon Prime is the worst thing to happen to Amazon.ca for us.

Yeah that caught my attention too, with EB I'd expect the worst though :(
As mentioned it only takes FS cancelling their E3 deals or having worthless one and we are done here, it's gonna be a whining and bitching thread!
Gonna be?

iLLmAtlc

hey guys looks like MGSV: Ground Zeroes is back to $35 current gen on amazon.ca, there goes the day 1 price matching opportunity.

Oh well it was probably a bad idea to pay $30 for a glorified demo/DLC anyhow, I'll join the fun when the price drop comes.

Dunlop

So now EB offers trade 3 games worth $10+ each and get any of these games:
Dark Souls II
Infamous: Second Son
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Elder Scrolls Online

Now it's official, we moved from the age of T2 to the age of T3 offers!
Expect FS/BB to bring the same shit soon along with their limited qualifying list which will be worthless anyway!

I still wait with baited breath for a console trade in promo, I upgrade my 360's for next to nothing multiple times.

I have a WiiU and a PS3 that are itching to be traded towards a XB1...

Cineplex are offering bonus 500-1000 Scene points with some movie purchases, Frozen and Gravity are the ones I might get and both have 1000 bonus points!

They'll do a promo this year but it will be a instant $10 off credit and Best buy will do their $10 worth of points.

I'm hoping best but stores have some standard edition copies. Going to check in a few hours after my run unless someone says otherwise.

It sucks that the Future shop and best buy websites don't even list the regular edition.

Maybe I should check a superstore or something.

Lexxism

Too bad they already raised infamous to 69.99. I'll probably picked this one and use the $10 credit I got for my ps4.

nUcMkkj.jpg

I got everything that came out today on release day. First time in a while. lol

I think I must be the only person who has all three of these though. :p

Yeah haven't bought multiple games on Tuesday in a while. Don't even remember the last time.

Regular editions of Dark Souls 2 for PS3 exists right? Can't find a listing on BB/FS.

I was at Future shop earlier today in Montreal and the regular editions of Dark Souls 2 were on display. I saw a guy picking it up for PS3.

Gxgear

I was at Future shop earlier today in Montreal and the regular editions of Dark Souls 2 were on display. I saw a guy picking it up for PS3.

Cool, thanks. Don't want to drive all the way for nothing.

The spend 60 get 10 back promo only lasts 1 week huh? Not sure what I'd buy on top of Towerfall and Steamworld Dig. Maybe Luftrausers but that's barely half of the amount.

My word, is the PS blog search function godawful. Can't ever find anything.

big_z

Just got back from best buy south Edmonton. They are selling regular versions of dark souls 2. It's in the front cage and there's a handful left. There's one sad armor edition for ps3 left as well. Why its not listed on the site is beyond me.

Interestingly I noticed a ton of titanfall tags on shelves and they were empty. There's a few copies in the cage and front shelf but if all the other shelves were full then that game is moving a shit ton.

Edit: just noticed a blue Disc made in Mexico stamp on tha back of the dark souls box. Wtf!

Just got back from best buy south Edmonton. They are selling regular versions of dark souls 2. It's in the front cage and there's a handful left. There's one sad armor edition for ps3 left as well. Why its not listed on the site is beyond me.

Interestingly I noticed a ton of titanfall tags on shelves and they were empty. There's a few copies in the cage and front shelf but if all the other shelves were full then that game is moving a shit ton.

Edit: just noticed a blue Disc made in Mexico stamp on tha back of the dark souls box. Wtf!

My friend found a copy of the armoured edition or whatever its called at the Walmart in south common. So that was awesome! I was looking for a copy for him anyway, haha. Everything worked out!

Now I just need to wait a month and half till I get to play it on PC! yay!

I've got that sinking feeling that Canada Post "lost" my $40 Future Shop Dark Souls 2: Black Armour Ed. It's stuck in Calgary and has missed two opportunities for trucks and departure scans to my town. I feel hollow.

Zing

Banned
I am reminded why I stopped using Amazon.ca...

Atelier Escha & Logy is out today. In stock at EBGames.ca

... Amazon.ca?
"Usually ships within 1 to 3 months."

Why does Amazon.ca never get things on release day ever?
Why is Amazon.ca such garbage compared to Amazon.com in general?

Living in Canada is so frustrating sometimes. Stupid price hike. Stupid Canadian dollar. Stupid Amazon.ca.

(I'm ordering from there because $49.99 vs $54.99 everywhere else)

I'm just ordering from Amazon, then buying on release day from retail. I then return the amazon copy to retail once it arrives.

Gritesh

I've got that sinking feeling that Canada Post "lost" my $40 Future Shop Dark Souls 2: Black Armour Ed. It's stuck in Calgary and has missed two opportunities for trucks and departure scans to my town. I feel hollow.

Hold on to your souls, they keep you from going hollow....oh who am I kidding...your going to lose all your souls, over and over again.

1337Sauce

What is the general opinion on gameaccess.ca here? Does anybody actively use it? I've heard of a couple problems, but the general opinion from what I have heard isn't too bad.

24.99 for two games out at once as well as purchasing the Fast Return option for $3 or whatever seems like it would definitely work out in my favour, even if I only get to rent four games a month. I live in Ontario, and they seem to be based out of Montreal, so I don't think shipping times would be too long.

Any comments or experiences?

farisr

I'm kinda torn on this now. On the one hand, I prefer picking up physical copies of games whenever available.

On the other, the digital copy of the game is going to cost me $19 less due to the $10 credit (if I count the credit just towards the game rather than the other stuff I have to buy to qualify for it) + no tax on digital.

btkadams

is there any way to get the american microsoft store to ship to canada? there's a promo code ("1") that takes off $100 on the xbox one titanfall bundle, but it doesn't work on the canadian microsoft store site.

edit: nvm, promo is done.

Man, I wish that Futureshop used UPS rather than the joke that is Canada Post. My copy of Titanfall has been sitting in limbo since Monday morning. Visting their website is zero help along with their deliberately convoluted jargon regarding standard date delivery vs estimated delivery dates:

What is a Delivery Standard?
The delivery standard represents our delivery commitment for items deposited on business days before the local cut-off time. Deposits received on holidays and weekends, or after the last collection time specified on a street letter box or at a Post Office, are considered as accepted on the next business day. Read more about delivery standards

What is Expected Delivery?
Expected delivery is an estimate of when we will attempt delivery of an item based on where it is in our network. This date is not guaranteed and will continue to be updated as your item travels to its destination. The date may be before, after, or on the same day as the Delivery Standard and is updated based on local information

Grrrrr

Ricck

Anyone know where to buy the digital version of MGS Ground zeroes for PS4? it's not on PSN/Amazon(US/CA)...

khaaan

I'm pretty tempted to pick up Ground Zeroes on PSN but I know that if I spend the $20 I'm almost sure to spend another $40 to get the $10 back....but on the plus side it would mean that I would buy Valkyria Chronicles 2 and a bunch of other gems....argh.

I know this has been asked a couple times but if the credit card I used for Futureshop E3's is expiring/has expired, I can call them up and change it to the new CC...right?

Hold on to your souls, they keep you from going hollow....oh who am I kidding...your going to lose all your souls, over and over again.
(Faith in) humanity restored. DaS2 magically appeared in my mailbox. So much for accurate online tracking. It must have fast travelled from a bonfire to here.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
If I pay extra to have something delivered the next day by Amazon, and it's delayed by weather, can I get that money back?

It's only $3.99, but I could by another HDMI cable with that!

If I pay extra to have something delivered the next day by Amazon, and it's delayed by weather, can I get that money back?

It's only $3.99, but I could by another HDMI cable with that!

If you paid a premium for a better shipping and it failed just email them and they will most certainly refund the shipping premium you paid!

i-Jest

I'm kinda torn on this now. On the one hand, I prefer picking up physical copies of games whenever available.

On the other, the digital copy of the game is going to cost me $19 less due to the $10 credit (if I count the credit just towards the game rather than the other stuff I have to buy to qualify for it) + no tax on digital.

Sometimes cost be damned, do what makes you happy. Either that or wait for the physical copy to decrease in cost.

Anth0ny

My Dark Souls II actually came today. The dude who delivered it was some kind of super soldier, the snow was fucked up in Toronto today.

i-Jest

My Dark Souls II actually came today. The dude who delivered it was some kind of super soldier, the snow was fucked up in Toronto today.

Getting home from school was a miserable long odyssey. What would normally take 40 minutes took 2 hours. If I didn't feel so tired I would have picked up my copy of Dark souls 2 from the post office.

Sweet Ivy

So, how does exactly something like eBates work?
I've never had experience with cash-back sites and could use some pointers, it looks... a bit overwhelming!

Takuan

So, how does exactly something like eBates work?
I've never had experience with cash-back sites and could use some pointers, it looks... a bit overwhelming!

You buy stuff from eBates partners through their affilitate portals and build up a cashback amount. They send out cheques quarterly, I believe. As long as you have $5 cashback, they send you a cheque. Easy-peasy! I just got my PS4 check last month.

This isn't a deal, but I was wondering if I could get your advice in this. I have a wii u that I want to get rid of. It comes with the following:

32gb console
Mario and luigi u (the pack in version with both games)
Wind waker HD
Donkey kong country TF
ZombiU
Pikmin 3
Mario 3d world
Wonderful 101

Wii games:
Donkey kong country returns
Epic yarn
Return to dream land
Twilight princess
Skyward sword
Other m
Prime trilogy
New super mario wii
Punch out
RE0
RE Remake
Mario galaxy
Mario galaxy 2
Paper mario
Smash bros
Wario land
Xenoblade

Wii remote plus and nunchuck

I don't really want to parcel it off because I know I'll be stuck with some games I can't get rid of.

Is $600 a fair price to put this on kijiji for?

Zeeman

This isn't a deal, but I was wondering if I could get your advice in this. I have a wii u that I want to get rid of. It comes with the following:

32gb console
Mario and luigi u (the pack in version with both games)
Wind waker HD
Donkey kong country TF
ZombiU
Pikmin 3
Mario 3d world
Wonderful 101

Wii games:
Donkey kong country returns
Epic yarn
Return to dream land
Twilight princess
Skyward sword
Other m
Prime trilogy
New super mario wii
Punch out
RE0
RE Remake
Mario galaxy
Mario galaxy 2
Paper mario
Smash bros
Wario land
Xenoblade

Wii remote plus and nunchuck

I don't really want to parcel it off because I know I'll be stuck with some games I can't get rid of.

Is $600 a fair price to put this on kijiji for?

No idea, but if I were you, I'd probably parcel off Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade, I think you can get pretty good prices for those games on their own

Top Bottom