• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Fuck, NHL '15 is a $70 game, too?

Z3XA3xu.jpg

:/

Luigi87

And after hours of waiting for Canada Post's reply after I direct messaged them my tracking number, they simply respond
pls refer to this link if the tracking does not appear any longer http://bit.ly/1rXvKmh

Which is a link I already had access to on the page where it tells me my tracking number doesn't have any information...

You know what? I just put Bulletstorm into a cart to check out the shipping cost and it still put it at free shipping. I tried to put the order through via paypal and it errored out so i went to my CC and it went through...but I don't have an email on the order yet.

I'll report back when I get more info.

Edit: I have the confirm email now, will wait to see if they actually ship it.

I tried the same and I got $3.99 shipping fees, they can suck it!

UberTag

So I preordered the Attack on Titan dub in March, and now they're saying 1-2 months for delivery. Smooth, Amazon.

How long is it going to take for me to get this, realistically?
Thanks for the reminder on this. McFarland is directing the dub on this and he's been money on every major FUNimation franchise thus far. Can't wait!

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I can't do $70 games. I simply can't.
Don't buy at launch then. It's not too hard.
We've also had $60 preorder events recently and we'll undoubtedly have more in the future.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I can't do $70 games. I simply can't.

Yup same. I've permanently stopped buying launch games. $70 is just way too much. $60 was borderline for me. I know our dollar is down but that $10 increase pushed me over the edge. Don't care what game it is, I will now only buy a game when it drops to $39.99 or less so they've actually gotten me to reduce my games spending overall. Too bad.

Anth0ny

Don't buy at launch then. It's not too hard.
We've also had $60 preorder events recently and we'll undoubtedly have more in the future.

hmm

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I can't do $60 games. I simply can't.

E3 deal has spoiled me!

Also, I pretty much bought Nintendo games exclusively from the deal. Games that very rarely go down in price... ever. Everything else is $20 off after a month, though.

The effects of the $70 price hike on games has altered my purchasing habits as well. I don't buy anything day one unless I can find it cheaper online. It makes me wonder if the retailers and publishers really knew what they were doing, because no one in their right mind is going to buy a new game at $70 here in Canada. Instead of taking a hit on the exchange rate, now publishers can make nothing and put their games on sale sooner to compensate for low launch sales. What a great idea.

UberTag

Even when pre-ordering games for less (i.e. $50-60) I more often than not cancel before release day.
I ask myself the week before "do I have time or interest in jumping into a new game now" and invariably the answer is no.

Only game from the list I'm interested in and don't already have. I won't play it for a long while though, so I'll probably just wait until the price goes down even more.

Same here, still my main problem with PS3 games now is the controller, hope one day Sony will offer complete wireless support for the DS4!

GuessWho

It's too bad sony got so greedy with the price hike. I would of tolerated the ps4 @ $419, but 449$ is too much of a slap. I'm now seriously considering getting the Xbox one at $399. I'll wait for e3 to see if any deals come out. Am I the only one feeling this way?

bobeth

Someone on redflagdeals got their FS flyer for next week, the E3 promo is back (up to 20$ off per game, for three or more games), from june 6th to june 12th!

zroid

Banned
It's too bad sony got so greedy with the price hike. I would of tolerated the ps4 @ $419, but 449$ is too much of a slap. I'm now seriously considering getting the Xbox one at $399. I'll wait for e3 to see if any deals come out. Am I the only one feeling this way?

I'm just not going to buy anything until the PS4's price drops

got enough games to play on 3DS, Vita, Wii U, and in my last gen backlog as it is

Lexxism

Did anyone see a WiiU Pro Controller at any SDM at Toronto? They will have a big redemption this coming weekend till Monday. Perfect time to buy a Pro controller.

edit: $20 off for pre-orders? I guess that's fine. Better than nothing. Good thing WiiU's games are only up $5. Time to pre-orders lots of games :lol

Someone on redflagdeals got their FS flyer for next week, the E3 promo is back (up to 20$ off per game, for three or more games), from june 6th to june 12th!
Awaiting this like most people, but with the current inflation it won't feel the same like last year. Although still better than full price.

Kazerei

Banned

OMG this better be true. And hopefully Wii U games stay at or below the $59.99 $64.99 price point.

zroid

Banned
$20 off either means 3DS and Vita games won't be eligible, or they'll be an even better deal

I'm gonna guess it's the former :\

khaaan

I'm going to dread calling up Futureshop and try to get my pre-order for Zelda U reinstated. Happy to hear that the deal is coming back though, it's the only way I'll be pre-ordering anything. Still sucks that thanks to the deal we'll be paying what we would consider the "normal" price.

So $56 after tax instead of $44.79 like E3 last year (in B.C.). That's better than the current BRUTAL prices of $78.40, but still kinda sucks in comparison to the old E3 deal. That's only $4 cheaper than what all the digital games used to cost on PSN (thanks to no tax there).

50$ per game means I'm still preorder lots of games. I'm just more likely to return some if they end up being so-so.
I just pre-order everything I want in groups from definitely want to probably want to ehhhh then I just start cancelling stuff as releases near. I'll probably end up cancelling more.

Any suggestions on how to get inFAMOUS SS without paying $70+?

The only one I can think of is PMing Best Buy with VGP and maybe trading in a few games...

Also E3 FS deal is sad...but better than $70!

BadHand

$20 off meets my expectations, but doesn't exceed them.

I'll probably pre-order 3-4 games this time around instead of 12 like last year.

a916

I just pre-order everything I want in groups from definitely want to probably want to ehhhh then I just start cancelling stuff as releases near. I'll probably end up cancelling more.

Are you cancelling in blocks then? (like you cancel your "eehhhh" group?)

Are you cancelling in blocks then? (like you cancel your "eehhhh" group?)
yeah usually I'll do that, though I have a workaround. Sometimes I'll purposely group games I'm not sure about with things that aren't even games like tech demos that for some odd reason futureshop doesn't know the difference between, that way I can cancel and not ruin any deal :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
yeah usually I'll do that, though I have a workaround. Sometimes I'll purposely group games I'm not sure about with things that aren't even games like tech demos that for some odd reason futureshop doesn't know the difference between, that way I can cancel and not ruin any deal :p
I can't be bothered with trying to cancel orders, I just return a game to the store if I don't want it. I usually offer it to someone from Toronto-GAF who missed the deal first though.

I have to pre-order - NHL 15, Last of Us, Arkham Knight, AC: Unity, Diablo 3

Maybe pre-order - Dying Light, Evolve, Lord of the Rings

Already pre-ordered last year - Destiny, The Order, The Division, FF15, MGS5, Star Wars Battlefront, Smash Bros 3ds

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I can't be bothered with trying to cancel orders, I just return a game to the store if I don't want it. I usually offer it to someone from Toronto-GAF who missed the deal first though.

Now I almost feel bad for ripping on you.

I did not take advantage of any e3 preorder previous years, but I will this year.

$20 off meets my expectations, but doesn't exceed them.

I'll probably pre-order 3-4 games this time around instead of 12 like last year.

I'll probably see how the deal works for 3DS/Vita games, and otherwise keep my pre-orders to a minimum. Chances are VGP will have the console games for cheaper anyway, and at this point any vague reservations I had about their online security have been completely blown away by their less abusive price points and the fact that they aren't a giant faceless corporation.

Top Bottom