• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

iphys

I patiently waited the weekend for Mario Kart 8 to arrive in the mail.

Monday morning, I get
"Item redirected to recipient's new address"

I hate Canada Post. I don't have a new address. Where is it being redirected to?

I once got someone else's mail redirected to me and when I took it to the post office to explain it had been sent to me by mistake, they said it was garbage and just threw it in the trash, so I'd definitely try to contact Canada Post about why they're redirecting your mail if you haven't set up mail redirection with them.

I didn't end up getting my MK8 till 6:45 pm tonight and had kind of given up hope it was still seriously out for delivery -- guess Canada Post was especially busy delivering a lot of copies of MK8 or something.

Jinto

My copy of the LE of Hakuoki from BB finally arrived more than 2 weeks late. Hopefully the game is good, because the Limited Edition stuff is pretty crap.

I once got someone else's mail redirected to me and when I took it to the post office to explain it had been sent to me by mistake, they said it was garbage and just threw it in the trash, so I'd definitely try to contact Canada Post about why they're redirecting your mail if you haven't set up mail redirection with them.

I didn't end up getting my MK8 till 6:45 pm tonight and had kind of given up hope it was still seriously out for delivery -- guess Canada Post was especially busy delivering a lot of copies of MK8 or something.

I got my MK8 delivered by CP this morning while Mario wheel from Amazon was delivered by UPS around 4pm, now to wait for Luigi's wheel!

Quadratic

Cross posting from the Ultra Streetfighter 4 thread since it might pertain to people getting the X360 DLC. It should work since US codes work on Canadian systems from my experience with Xbox Live memberships.

If you're from Canada I found I way to buy the DLC upgrade on 360 + get the preorder from the Gamestop.com site courtesy of EventHubs.

By a gift certificate to yourself for $15.00 USD It will be sent to your email.

Then you can use that gift card code to buy the upgrade using a fake US address and have it sent to your email. The Xbox points and DLC costume code should work since it's a NA system. At least I hope it does.

Sucks how the Xbox store doesn't allow preorder of DLC like SEN does.

Man, I posted the Technika Tune VGP link to a few threads on GAF (sorry I forgot to do it here as well) fully intending not to buy it because I already own it digitally, but now I keep seeing mentions of it everywhere on GAF and... no. MUST RESIST. YOU ALREADY OWN THIS GAME, DUMMKOPF.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a Pre-order offer for the PS3 version of USF4 as well?

Man, I posted the Technika Tune VGP link to a few threads on GAF (sorry I forgot to do it here as well) fully intending not to buy it because I already own it digitally, but now I keep seeing mentions of it everywhere on GAF and... no. MUST RESIST. YOU ALREADY OWN THIS GAME, DUMMKOPF.
How does Tune compare to the psp versions of the game?

well shit man iunno where you live so I can't figure out taxes so..

it's 64.99 on the eShop and just about everywhere else. It's cheaper on VGP at 59.99.
Think I could price match it?

Wait actually I have price matched DKCTF before, might do that. Though I suppose it isn't worth the trouble when you include Ontario tax

Feedback for Mario Wheel :D

It's a piece of plastic lol but it looks nice especially with Mario remote and fits very well! The plastic is not too cheap but for $11 you shouldn't expect much!
Here's some pictures :)
e54PXBa.png

nnzdBna.png

Y6mNhui.png

Luigi's wheel will be out in a month for some weird reason that I don't know of!

Bambino's using tilt controls!
You should see me using them lol I can post a video :D

PS3 deals:

Bulletstorm Limited Edition is $3 bucks on future shop website clearance.
Darksiders LE is $10
Darkness 2 LE is $15

and there are a few other games on there as well.

frequency

WHAT?! They can't do that...

mdubs

Banned
So I preordered the Attack on Titan dub in March, and now they're saying 1-2 months for delivery. Smooth, Amazon.

How long is it going to take for me to get this, realistically?

I have it on preorder too, I really hope they get this shipped out soon. Same thing happened to me with the Eureka Seven limited edition, took about a month to get it to me while they restocked.

Is there a Pre-order offer for the PS3 version of USF4 as well?

How does Tune compare to the psp versions of the game?

Technika Tune is actually my first DJMax. I keep seeing Portable 3 on the PSN sale (it's always on the sale page, even though it looks like it was a permanent price drop and it happened months ago) and think about buying it, but meh. Technika Tune is all touchscreen stuff, no buttons (though the backtouch segments can be turned off if that's your preference). This may pique your interest or turn you off completely, depending on your nature. Personally, I like it, though beyond a certain point I find my fingers are too meatstick-y to hit all the targets properly.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I know it wouldn't be the same deal as last year and I can already see everyone going nuts.

Ready to deal with it?
I won't get too upset over 33% off like last year even though games are more expensive. Even $20 off $70 isn't that bad. Worse than that and I'll be disappointed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Technika Tune is actually my first DJMax. I keep seeing Portable 3 on the PSN sale (it's always on the sale page, even though it looks like it was a permanent price drop and it happened months ago) and think about buying it, but meh. Technika Tune is all touchscreen stuff, no buttons (though the backtouch segments can be turned off if that's your preference). This may pique your interest or turn you off completely, depending on your nature. Personally, I like it, though beyond a certain point I find my fingers are too meatstick-y to hit all the targets properly.
Ahh, I had no idea it was all touch screen... Although with the Love Live game, it seems to work for me for the most part.

this is going to be so anti climatic.
10% off all pre-orders! lol

wonder if we'll see any Xbox One $399 shipment leaks. They kinda announced it nearly a month ago

If it ships to arrive for Monday we most certainly will. I also wouldn't be surprised if some mom & pop shops start selling it when they get it. This isn't something that needs to be held by a release date.

Quadratic

PS3 deals:

Darksiders LE is $10
Darkness 2 LE is $15

Wow, thanks for this post. I bought a copy of Bulletstorm for a friend. I played it on 360 and thought it was really fun. $3 is a steal :)

Seik

Banned
E3 2014 page has updated.

Still no deal.

Games on that page are old as ass though. Apparently a FAQ is coming soon.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Gaming-Announcements/E3-2014-FAQs-Coming-Soon/m-p/493854#M2161

Hope the prices hike won't affect things too much. I'm hoping for at least 44,99$ instead of 39,99$ for each games this time around.

I may do an even bigger order than last year because I really don't want to pay 69,99$ for anything. It'll probably go over 500$ this time. D:

Quadratic

Cross posting from the Ultra Streetfighter 4 thread since it might pertain to people getting the X360 DLC. It should work since US codes work on Canadian systems from my experience with Xbox Live memberships.

I got my Gamestop order delivered to my email. Lesson learned that the code won't work because the currencies don't match. Oh well, I guess I need to sell the code on the B/S/T forum now. At least I'll be getting the DLC code to Ultra SF4 in a few days.

Sealtest

So I preordered the Attack on Titan dub in March, and now they're saying 1-2 months for delivery. Smooth, Amazon.

How long is it going to take for me to get this, realistically?

Amazon.ca has been terrible on stuff like this lately. I ordered The eyes of Bayonetta and it was pre-ordered a year and a half before it was released and it was delayed for 2-3 months.
I decided 2 just go with chapters.ca for books after that.

Luigi87

Another day and my now-untrackable package from China is still not delivered. Tried calling CP, but their automated service is garbage. Doesn't appear to be any way to actually speak to a person, and entering my tracking number over the phone yields nothing.

Another day and my now-untrackable package from China is still not delivered. Tried calling CP, but their automated service is garbage. Doesn't appear to be any way to actually speak to a person, and entering my tracking number over the phone yields nothing.
DealXtreme?

Hope the prices hike won't affect things too much. I'm hoping for at least 44,99$ instead of 39,99$ for each games this time around.

I may do an even bigger order than last year because I really don't want to pay 69,99$ for anything. It'll probably go over 500$ this time. D:

I would have done a huge order last year if I knew the price hike was coming. I plan to do one this year if games are at $44.99.

Tiktaalik

PS3 deals:

Darksiders LE is $10
Darkness 2 LE is $15

Is there a way to just find the deals? No local stores have the $3 bulletstorm so I'm thinking of seeing if there's enough stuff to cobble together a $20 order in order to get free shipping.

Edit: Ahh seems you can sort by price but only once you've dove into the specific console pages.

Nah, it was an eBay purchase. The package arrived in Canada before it no longer became trackable.

Thanks doing that now. This is becoming rather frustrating.

I called them once for a lost package. It wasn't tracked so they just sent me a cheque in the mail for the value of the item.

Is there a way to just find the deals? No local stores have the $3 bulletstorm so I'm thinking of seeing if there's enough stuff to cobble together a $20 order in order to get free shipping.

Not sure if the site can still do this, but search for asterisk * to return all results and then use the filters to show all gaming clearance items.

Palehorse

Edit: Ahh seems you can sort by price but only once you've dove into the specific console pages.

You know what? I just put Bulletstorm into a cart to check out the shipping cost and it still put it at free shipping. I tried to put the order through via paypal and it errored out so i went to my CC and it went through...but I don't have an email on the order yet.

I'll report back when I get more info.

Edit: I have the confirm email now, will wait to see if they actually ship it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So far, in for Theatrhythm Curtain Call, XBlaze, and Smash Bros 3DS. Now if they could get Guilty Gear Xrd, Persona 4 Ultimax, and the Danganronpa sequel I would be golden for the rest of the year.

Top Bottom