• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I'm surprised any brick & mortar apart from GameStop or dedicated game stores even bother to carry Vita software.

Why? Vita has a very high attach rate compared to so many other consoles!
Sure it's not moving as much hardware as 3DS but it's not too bad when it comes to software, personally I have Vita games like three times what I have for 3DS and I love both!

For sure pre-order:

Pokemon OR or AS (I got both last year and haven't beat the 2nd yet, not to mention the free digital version I got)
Hyrule Warriors

Possible pre-order:
Story of Seasons (if they put it up)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley (depends on how it looks/if they put it up)
Star Wars Battlefront (it is EA so I need to see it first)
FFXV (I haven't really played a FF seriously)
Kingdom Hearts III (I haven't beaten any KH or played one in a long time but I probably will want it)

And whatever is revealed. I still have Smash 3DS and Wii U, X, Bayonetta 2, Yarn Yoshi, and SMTxFE ordered from last year (I should have ordered some PS4 games)

Luigi87

I have no idea what big games are coming for 3DS other than Smash Bros.........

Anyone?

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call is the only other one that personally catches my interest.

Edit: Stupid page didn't load the latest page (I guess when I refreshed), so very late on that.

UberTag

Why? Vita has a very high attach rate compared to so many other consoles!
Sure it's not moving as much hardware as 3DS but it's not too bad when it comes to software, personally I have Vita games like three times what I have for 3DS and I love both!
I agree with the attach rate argument.
My logic is that attach rate isn't manifesting itself in physical software purchases.
I believe it's manifesting itself in the digital marketplace where Vita gamers are ravenous hungry insatiable consumers of content.

LMN

Correct me if I understand this completely, FS E3 Deal this year is for pre-order game only? Or does that apply to in-store game as well?

Jinto

I'm surprised any brick & mortar apart from GameStop or dedicated game stores even bother to carry Vita software.

They don't keep stock for very long though. DanganRonpa only got the initial shipment then taken off the website. Rayman Legends was reduced to $10 to clear out stock.

Will get Dragon Age, Witcher 3, Smash Wii U, and Pokemon. Hyrule Warriors looks like the kind of game that will get a price drop.

Hoping for a Metroid or Zelda game at E3.

Vamphuntr

Would definitely preorder these of they show up on FS E3 deals :

Layton vs Phoenix Wright
Persona Shadow of The Labyrinth
Dangan Ronpa 2
Tales of Hearts R

Sealtest

Let's just hope futureshop doesn't mess up pre-orders again.. Anyone else remember them changing all Zelda U orders into WW HD without letting people know until they got charged for them?

Other than some Vita games (if they put any) I don't know what I'm gonna preorder beside what I already have since last year! Maybe some sports games too!
This is what's left on my preorder spreadsheet:

kNXzraU.jpg

Edit: some dates are not correct since I didn't update the recently announced release dates!

Might as well join in and post my tentative list:

PS4
Dragon Age Inquistion
Witcher 3

PS3

Tales of Xillia 2
Tales of Zesteria*
Persona 5*

VITA

Tales of Hearts R*

I doubt the asterisks will be up for pre order but here's hoping!

krae_man

Lets see, what is currently up for preorder that I don't already have preordered from last year:

-Wii U X
-The Crew
-Diablo 3 PS4
-Sacred 3
-Pokemon

Maybe The Last of Us PS4

There had better be tons of announcements because that's dick all compared to the almost 30 games I preordered last year.

Flash sale on PSN, some really sweet deals:

b8c7oMN.png

fbJiK8B.png

AmuCEDJ.png

FoO2nC0.png

Sorry some games I have no idea about their prices because I have them in my library.

Sony gets me on these flash sales Everytime. I keep bringing my PS3 back out every time. Just to add to my already huge backlog.

Going for Ni No Kuni and Kingdoms Of Amalur at $5 a piece.

gzero

Thanks guys, if I move, will I be able to change the address they ship it to? Do they also deliver on release day?

Yes for changing shipping address, maybe for release day delivery (depends where you live I think).

I moved from ON to NB last year and the shipments followed, but it takes longer for the shipments to arrive here. WD and MK8 were both two business days late. They did ship out Killsone SF early though.

Someone on RFD claims that starting this Friday June 6th, Target will be giving away $50 gift card with PS4 purchase which is pretty good for people hating the new price!
Also he claims there will be $10 off MK8 and Infamous:SS!

Lexxism

Just tried PMing amazon at best buy.ca and they wouldn't budge. "Limited quantities" bs. It's in stock at my store I don't understand!

Try your luck with another CSR. Yeah, noticed that "limited quantities" I kept seeing in their site. I guess they want to limit people PM those know items.

Anth0ny

Now I regret not pre-ordering Kingdom Hearts 3 last year. I figured I could just do it in 2014... or 2015...

or 2016

StevieP

Banned
Kind of late with this but...
I finally got my Mario Kart 8!

I'm not very good but if anyone wants to play, my NNID is freqnn.

Join the neogaf tournament! Just quote the OP in the Mario kart OT. Though you'll want to at least get through 100cc with gold trophies across the board before going online. GAF is pretty brutal :)

Top Bottom