• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Used to be 800 points(10$) when pre-ordering + double the regular points on purchase. They killed the 800 points part so I stopped pre-ordering there.

Yeah, they have almost zero points offers anymore. Considering you need 400 to get $5 back, i have pretty much stopped considering it as a reason to go there anymore.

iphys

So has anyone been to a Target to see if we're getting those $10 eShop cards with the AR cards in Canada? The ad for it was coming up on the nintendo.com/en_CA site, so I thought we would, but I still haven't seen the Photos with Mario app in the Canadian eShop, which makes me doubtful.

krae_man

I order some Vita/3DS stuff at 39.99 and got 26.4 per game.

If FS does do the 20 bucks off, that's like getting some 3DS games at 14.99?!

That's... too good to be true?

Last year they did Preorder 3 or more games save 33% that was valid on everything. EVERY OTHER YEAR the promo had a minimum price of $49.99 for games to qualify. 3 Years ago: "Preorder 3 save $20/game" $49.99 minimum. 2 years ago: "Preorder 3 games, get one free" $49.99 minimum.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The selection of games on both FS and BB is incredibly shitty. No Guilty Gear Xrd, no Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, no BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Vita. Barely anything there.

kitzkozan

Used to be 800 points(10$) when pre-ordering + double the regular points on purchase. They killed the 800 points part so I stopped pre-ordering there.

Last year, Best Buy did offer 4800 points (60$ worth of coupons) for 3 select games during the E3 promo and got burned in the process. Most gamers went with the Future Shop offer which was an instantaneous 33% off discount off the retail price applied before tax. Pre-ordering a game from Best Buy wasn't really worth it (unless it was only available from them or the FS version was oos) since you had to pay full price + full tax rate for the game and get the points one month after it shipped.

Best Buy just realized that their per-order promo wasn't up to par. It's just silly that they completely removed it, instead of keeping it for standard pre-order outside of E3 promotions. XD

i-Jest

Is there even a community for multiplayer anymore?

No damn clue. Never played the Uncharted games.

So has anyone been to a Target to see if we're getting those $10 eShop cards with the AR cards in Canada? The ad for it was coming up on the nintendo.com/en_CA site, so I thought we would, but I still haven't seen the Photos with Mario app in the Canadian eShop, which makes me doubtful.

Would also like to know this.

Sealtest

Anyone know from past E3 deals if they will clear our carts or we'll be forced 2 for the games 2 reflect the sale deal? And what time it starts tmw.

Anyone know from past E3 deals if they will clear our carts or we'll be forced 2 for the games 2 reflect the sale deal? And what time it starts tmw.

As far as I know they aren't going to sell out. So no rush.

Personally I'd wait till Monday/Tuesday for more games to be announced so I can place my orders.

The Tsilon deal for $100 off would have been better(Especially considering we would be getting Uncharted for free via plus later), but nobody knew about Tsilon then.

I miss Tsilon deals.....free game + 100 dollar 3DS were so good (or 100 dollars off 3ds, whatever)

Vibranium

Banned
I'm probably going to get (3) games through the E3 promo, wish I had done Battlefront last year, oh well. If it looks like EA or DICE are dropping the ball I might not even get the game at all.

Hopefully some really cool stuff is announced that I can jump onto.

Sealtest

As far as I know they aren't going to sell out. So no rush.

Personally I'd wait till Monday/Tuesday for more games to be announced so I can place my orders.
I got a long list of games and 11 are currently already on the website so i'll get those all done in 1 order then when the Nintendo/Playstation games get announced monday/tuesday i'll make another order.

While it may allow for everything in 1 order, I will do separate orders. This way I can cancel without canceling everything and even after 1 thing ships.

Sealtest

Yip, though its probably smart to have multiple orders of three rather than one big order, as you cant remove a game from an order.

You can if you call, When watch dogs was delayed i was able 2 cancel it. But i made sure each order had 4 games in them last year. This year i'm making 2 big orders because i regretted not ordering some games i paid full price for.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yip, though its probably smart to have multiple orders of three rather than one big order, as you cant remove a game from an order.
Last year I did multiple 3 game orders (7 orders for 21 games total) and it's a huge waste of time and a pain in the ass when you want to look at one of your orders because they just show the order numbers without any context as to what is in the order until you click it. I won't bother this year and will instead make 1 big order.

Last year I did multiple 3 game orders (7 orders for 21 games total) and it's a huge waste of time and a pain in the ass when you want to look at one of your orders because they just show the order numbers without any context as to what is in the order until you click it. I won't bother this year and will instead make 1 big order.

I remember one year there was a limit to how many items you could have in the order and still get the discount. If I recall correctly, if you had more than 5 games in an order, they would all be regular price. Not sure about last year though.

Just realized I packed my Future Shop giftcards for my move. I can get them applied after the deal I assume?

The website seems to be always hit or miss for that sort of thing.

I keep a spreadsheet with the order numbers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I keep a spreadsheet with the order numbers.
So do I but it's still a pain in the ass. If there's no limit to the number of games in an order then I'll be making 1 big one. I really wish FS/BB order history was closer to what Amazon has.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume they'll start the actual deal on Monday?

So far there's nothing I'm really interested in... but I can't believe Xillia is 70 bucks. lol

UberTag

So far there's nothing I'm really interested in... but I can't believe Xillia is 70 bucks. lol
Based on Namco Bandai track records, Xillia 2 will be $10-15 come Boxing Day. It's like they're actively trying to discourage people from buying their titles at launch.

zroid

Banned

Ugh, I forgot about that. I haven't even gotten around to Xillia 1 yet, don't see what the point of pre-ordering the sequel now is, even if it's $20 off. $50 is too much for a game I may not even play for a year or more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Based on Namco Bandai track records, Xillia 2 will be $10-15 come Boxing Day. It's like they're actively trying to discourage people from buying their titles at launch.
Ugh, I forgot about that. I haven't even gotten around to Xillia 1 yet, don't see what the point of pre-ordering the sequel now is, even if it's $20 off. $50 is too much for a game I may not even play for a year or more.
Yeah, I still have the stupid statue from the first one in the box. lol

On a somewhat related note, VGP.ca finally upgraded their website.

So do I but it's still a pain in the ass. If there's no limit to the number of games in an order then I'll be making 1 big one. I really wish FS/BB order history was closer to what Amazon has.

That's what I'm gonna do this year, I have a spreadsheet and everything but still! Last year I made separate orders because I was worried when they cancel those place holders for basically digital only games they might cancel the whole order which they didn't, instead I got a couple gift cards to compensate for the cancellation. This year I'll probably make either one or two big orders depending on new announcements since I have most of what is already announced ordered since last year

Top Bottom