• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

MarkusRJR

This happens every year. I think I still have a Future Shop pre-order for Jet Set Radio Vita somewhere, unless they finally got around to cancelling it after sending me the email saying they would.

I think Epic Yarn was a full-price Wii game on release ($49.99). I have no idea what the scope of Yarn Yoshi is supposed to be, though, or if Nintendo has even released many details about the game yet.

Just order it. Return if release price is cheaper; keep it if not. Returning something won't affect your other items in an order.

Epic Yarn was $50 at release, iirc.
I love 2D platformers (especially Yoshi) so I'll bite on Tuesday once the new Nintendo games get announced.

Also, 3DS XL's are $30 off to anyone interested. I already own an Animal Crossing XL but god damn that Yoshi XL is super tempting (one of my fave Nintendo characters/franchise).

Jinto

I have like 12 games in my cart just for PS4 alone. Haven't even checked the preorders for the other consoles yet. Debating whether I should make 1 big order or divide them into smaller ones.

Looks like collector's editions aren't included for both FS and BB.

Knack is on sale for like $20.

Sora_N

I always agonize over combo orders because I'll invariably want to cancel a game out of the bunch before they release (even at a discount) and if I forego that I don't want to deal with the hassle of returning unopened items at retail.

Will need to comb through the games that are there now and rank them in order of Day 1 purchase commitment and cut myself off at an arbitrary multiple of 3. And hope I don't have second thoughts on them.

I did one order for games in 2014 and one in 2015 (or probably 2015).

You actually CAN cancel an individual game but you have to call them so that's a hassle too.

Jinto

You actually CAN cancel an individual game but you have to call them so that's a hassle too.

Maybe I'll just make 1 large order. I guess I can always sell the games I don't want easily enough.

So tempted but the demo pissed me off.

I thought I would definitely bite on Knack if it got to $20, but I have a feeling it'll be added to the instant game collection soon.

UberTag

I did one order for games in 2014 and one in 2015 (or probably 2015).

I suppose the alternative would be to just order the games I want individually with two vaporware games like The Last Guardian and Prey 2.
Throw those two in with every combo deal and then backing out on any game won't be a big deal.

Jinto

Other deals from the BB website besides Knack and Infamous:

South Park: The Stick Of Truth - $39.99
Beyond Two Souls - $19.99
Diablo III for 360 - $19.99

Sora_N

Maybe I'll just make 1 large order. I guess I can always sell the games I don't want easily enough.

I thought I would definitely bite on Knack if it got to $20, but I have a feeling it'll be added to the instant game collection soon.

Knack MIGHT end up in IGC but I always hear how people say it's only 70% metacritic or higher. I feel I wouldn't like it, not that it deserved the bad rep. I didn't enjoy the demo so I probably won't like the full game.

Hell I barely have time right now, I couldn't even finish Ground Zeroes. I've been so busy that I only play some MH3U when I travel to work/school lol.

Versifier

Console titles at $69.99 and PC titles at $59.99 make it pretty easy to simply avoid almost all preorders this year.

Still first pre-orders in: Witcher 3 (PC), Dying Light (PC), Civilization: Beyond Earf (PC)
$49.99 each - 30% discount = 34.99 each, sane prices!

Lexxism

Lol. 18.57 discount for $65 WiiU games. I'm expecting $20 off :( Oh well, I'll just buy at BB but it's going to pain in the ass for returning a game to them.

MesH

18 games so far, will wait to see if they announce anything new at E3, the number will most likely rise lol.

rinse82

Damn, already have a $500 preorder and no new games have even been announced at E3, yet, lol.

Edit: sweetvar - Best Buy. Technically $21 off a $69.99 game + Reward Zone points (2x if you are in the gamer club)

I just hope they don't freakin start running out of games early before I get to it!

They just might this year, I know a lot of people will take advantage of this deal due to the price hike, so to be safe, I'm placing an order now and the rest in a separate order after E3.

And thanks guys, Best Buy it is.

Moltenix

Hi CanadaGAF, this is my first post - just in time for E3!

Already got two orders in at Bestbuy:

Order 1 - Pokemon ORAS + Smash Bros 4 3DS

Order 2 - Smash Bros 4 Wii U, X and Bayo 2

Don't have a PS4/XB1 yet and it might be staying that way until maybe next year. Hoping for some 3DS/WiiU announcements to fill out an extra order though.

i-Jest

Danm Canuck Gaf....Our preorder culture is some real shit. Currently have 11 games preordered. My orders are going to increase like a mother fuc***.

Thanks to the Quebec laws, apparently half of those pre-orders won't ship to Quebec. So Best Buy is asking me to ship to an Ontario address, this is beautiful.

Fuck!

So what is the discount for Wii U games at BB? They give a % for 40, 50, and 70, but Wii U games are 65.

This is Future Shop's fine print.
Offer valid only at Futureshop.ca on all pre-order games from June 9, 2014 to June 12, 2014. Discounted amount above are based on games priced at $69.99. Games priced at $39.99 will give you in-cart SAVINGS of $5.72 or $11.43, and $49.99 games give you in-cart SAVINGS of $7.15 or $14.28. The discount will be applied to the lowest prices games first.

Best Buy's
*Offer valid only at Bestbuy.ca on all pre-order games from June 9, 2014 to June 12, 2014. Discounted amount above are based on games priced at $69.99. Games priced at $39.99 will give you in-cart SAVINGS of $6.00 or $12, and $49.99 games give you in-cart SAVINGS of $7.50 or $15.00. The discount will be applied to the lowest prices games first. Collector's/Limited Editions are not eligible for the discount.

espher

Ugh, $45-$49 pre-tax prices are above my impulse buy threshold... I might really be cherry-picking pre-orders for must-haves (or Nintendo 1st-party games that never seem to drop in price) and just take my chances on drops/secondary market for the rest this year.

Ugh, $45-$49 pre-tax prices are above my impulse buy threshold... I might really be cherry-picking pre-orders for must-haves (or Nintendo 1st-party games that never seem to drop in price) and just take my chances on drops/secondary market for the rest this year.

I'll have to agree with you, I do not know why but the $39.99 last year or the previous years deals, I didn't care as much and I placed orders on most of the ones I liked but at $49, something just feels off. Or may be we should just get used to this new pricing.

i-Jest

Just to be sure, you can't manually cancel an individual game without doing away with the entire order. You need to call it in right?

espher

I'll have to agree with you, I do not know why but the $39.99 last year or the previous years deals, I didn't care as much and I placed orders on most of the ones I liked but at $49, something just feels off. Or may be we should just get used to this new pricing.

I have a triple digit backlog atm and still have a handful of not-short games pre-ordered from last year. Frankly, that's probably enough to make me pass on this year altogether, unless there are some titles that really grab me by the balls at E3.

I was very rarely comfortable paying $50 for a game under the old pricing scheme, so I'm certainly not very comfortable doing it when it's a great discount haha.

It will probably be limited to 1st-party Nintendo, and then stuff I would pay well over $70 for (e.g. Rock Band 4, Suikoden VI) or stuff that I want that I expect will be really, really niche/hard to find if I don't snap it up at launch... but that stuff is only rarely available via FS/BB anyway, so... yeah...

Gritesh

I need a ps4 headset and the pulse elite is on sale for 99.00 so which one is better the pulse elite of the gold edition? I want to wait till after the e3 conference in case they announce a platinum edition.

So guys, Future Shop or Best Buy? I'm ordering mostly PS4 and X1 games.

Same thing, I think.

edit:

Discounted amount above are based on games priced at $69.99. Games priced at $39.99 will give you in-cart SAVINGS of $6.00 or $12, and $49.99 games give you in-cart SAVINGS of $7.50 or $15.00. The discount will be applied to the lowest prices games first. Collector's/Limited Editions are not eligible for the discount.

Hrm...

mdubs

Banned
Danm Canuck Gaf....Our preorder culture is some real shit. Currently have 11 games preordered. My orders are going to increase like a mother fuc***.

With the way the preorders deals here are, you'd be a sucker not to preorder the things you are reasonably sure you want!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I need a ps4 headset and the pulse elite is on sale for 99.00 so which one is better the pulse elite of the gold edition? I want to wait till after the e3 conference in case they announce a platinum edition.
The Gold one is newer, but I have no idea what they changed. I know people seem to have problems with the Elite, but I've used them for a year and they have been fine for me.

I think I went a little crazy.

18 games so far.

Might rethink a few of those orders after the press conferences.
18 games so far, will wait to see if they announce anything new at E3, the number will most likely rise lol.
I say this as a guy who did like over 20 games last year, but I can't even think of 6 games I want out of what's on their site at the moment. lol

ElNino

I say this as a guy who did like over 20 games last year, but I can't even think of 6 games I want out of what's on their site at the moment. lol
It will certainly be added to next week. Some known games aren't on the site yet (Horizon 2).

At the moment I only have two order (6 games) but I'm sure I will add at least a couple more next week. Now, whether I keep all of the games after they ship is another matter.

TheExodu5

Banned
I pre-ordered about 20 games from Futureshop last year. I moved in May. I called them to have my address updated and apparently they are unable to do that. Had to cancel it. What kind of antiquated system are they running?

At work but my order off the top of my head:

X (Wii U)
Super Smash Wii U
WWE 2k15
NHL 15
The Division
Mirror's Edge 2
COD: Advanced Warfare
Ass Creed: Unity
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
The Crew
Theaterhythm: CC
Bayonetta 2
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Batman: AK
The Order 1886
Battlefield: Hardline (on the bubble)
Dragon Age: Inquisition

I'm tempted to order Evolve and Alien: Isolation out of the existing pack. Not sure about their quality though.

WWE2k15. I'm part of the problem.

I pre-ordered about 20 games from Futureshop last year. I moved in May. I called them to have my address updated and apparently they are unable to do that. Had to cancel it. What kind of antiquated system are they running?

That sounds like bullshit. You should have phoned them back. Hell, their website is supposed to allow for address changes and simply doesn't work. They need to overhaul that half assed piece of shit.

djblue89

So how's everyone from Quebec pre-ordering? Most of my orders aren't being placed because of the Quebec laws.
I've had no issue except for Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare. Hopefully they fix this stupid English version of games so I can get COD.
I've pre ordered:
NBA 2k15
WWE 2k15
Evolve
The last of us
The crew
MGS 5
Madden
NHL
Battlefield
FarCry
Batman
The Order 1886

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's weird that they are refusing to change addresses now. They used to do it. :(
I wonder if they've had so many problems that they just decided to stop it altogether.

At work but my order off the top of my head:

X (Wii U)
Super Smash Wii U
WWE 2k15
NHL 15
The Division
Mirror's Edge 2
COD: Advanced Warfare
Ass Creed: Unity
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
The Crew
Theaterhythm: CC
Bayonetta 2
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
Batman: AK
The Order 1886
Battlefield: Hardline (on the bubble)
Dragon Age: Inquisition

I'm tempted to order Evolve and Alien: Isolation out of the existing pack. Not sure about their quality though.

WWE2k15. I'm part of the problem.

That sounds like bullshit. You should have phoned them back. Hell, their website is supposed to allow for address changes and simply doesn't work. They need to overhaul that half assed piece of shit.

I'm forgoing "AAA" this time around, since both CoD and BF look like crap and I expect AC to be like another Watchdogs. I guess I'm "lucky" in that I have a lot of the other games in the list preordered from last year. lol

My list so far (all for ps4):

Diablo 3
Madden 15
Destiny
NHL 15
CoD
Far Cry 4
Batman AK
The Order
Battlefront

Might add yet depending what else gets announced:
Alien
Smash 3DS
Plants vs Zombies (assuming it gets added)
Division

I'm forgoing "AAA" this time around, since both CoD and BF look like crap and I expect AC to be like another Watchdogs. I guess I'm "lucky" in that I have a lot of the other games in the list preordered from last year. lol

I'm holding out hope that this year's CoD will actually be good. Not sure I want a yearly Battlefield though.

Lexxism

They probably saw how money they will lose and say we can't do anything on it.

I got my 2 remotes plus nunchucks right quick when I ordered them. They're great quality too. Also had very quick turn around when having a slide pad on a 3DS repaired.

That's good to hear. I'll probably buy this year

suikodan

So how's everyone from Quebec pre-ordering? Most of my orders aren't being placed because of the Quebec laws.

Didn't get any problem.

Ordered this (for now)

Super Smash B WiiU
The Last of Us
The Order 1886

Hyrule Warriors
X
FE x SMT

Didn't order:
Pokemon (Haven't finished X/Y yet and it's gonna be 20$ at one point anyway)
Dragon Age (Will probably drop in price the time I'll want to play it)
Witcher 3 (Need the CE for PC...)

Bring me more, E3!

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Click to edit address on the order page, don't change anything but confirm. The order should go through.

Top Bottom