• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Pre-Ordered 21 games totalling $1200+.

This is without any of the stuff they announce at E3.

I'm probably not going to keep all of them - but it's nice to have them sitting there, with a 30% discount if I decide I do actually want to play them as release nears.

I have the bad habit of getting picked up in the hype of games and buying the day of release for full price

I just needed to see this post before I proceeded on doing the same thing. Thanks, lol.

Anth0ny

Any game that they sell online at $70, just buy it on VGP on amazon, they sell for $60.

dude I thought that shit was gonna be $40.

It's a PS3 game!

I'll just wait until it reaches that price, probably a month or two after it's out. Not dying to replay TLOU yet, even with prettier graphics.

Anteros

Neo Member
Thanks for the break down on prices.

I've already ordered the following:
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)
Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)
Alien Isolation (PS4)
Battlefield: Hardline (PS4)
The Division (PS4)
Mad Max (PS4)
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
Halo 5 (XBO)
Quantum Break (XBO)
D4 (XBO)

This is on top of the 10 or so games from last year's E3 sale that I still have outstanding and the one remaining one from the E3 sale the year before (The Last Guardian :( ).

I always pre-order everything I think I would ever want to play from these sales and just return the ones I don't want after I receive them.

Anth0ny

Just pre-ordered:

Smash 4 (Wii U)
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

So happy I pre-ordered a bunch of games last year!

The Evil Within (PS4)
Smash 3DS (3DS)
Destiny (PS4)
X (Wii U)
Bayonetta 2 (Wii U)
Yoshi's Land (Wii U)
SMTxFE (Wii U)
Final Fantasy XV (PS4)
MGS V (PS4)

That's one hell of a list. Kinda regret not pre-ordering Kingdom Hearts 3 last year, but that game probably won't be out until 2018, and who knows? Maybe by then games will be back down to $59.99 ; _ ;

Probably gonna pre-order Pokemon next week along with some newly announced games (Zelda U and Majora's Mask 3D, perhaps?)

BadHand

I've never played a Witcher game before, can I just jump into The Witcher 3?

Hmm, Mad Max PS3 is only $49.99 at FS and it's eligible for the e3 discount. Is this game even cross gen?

krae_man

Knack is $20 now. Everyone with a PS4 that hasn't played it yet should get it.

Also there's a PS4 bundle with Infamous added in for free.

Edit: at FS

Cactus

Banned
I don't think I'll be ordering nearly as many games this year. Hopefully Disgaea/Danganronpa/PersonaQ are added to the database.

Sealtest

As someone who's had a TERRIBLE experience with Best Buy i'll stick with futureshop and pay just a little bit more.

List so far this e3 sale.

Hyrule Warriors
Wii U X
Super Smash Bros (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
Middle Earth: Shadow Of Mordor
Tom Clancys The Division
Batman: Arkham Knight

Now just waiting till Mortal Kombat X + WII U sports club comes available and anything that's announced monday/tuesday.

RE_Player

I'll throw my hat in for the Knack at $20 recommendation. Great game for that price.

I got my pre-orders in so far at Best Buy. Hopefully more will be announced and they'll be faster at getting the games up on the site compared to last year.

krae_man

So far I grabbed:

-Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls
-Last of Us Remastered
-The Crew
-Sacred 3
-Pokemon I forget who cares
-WiiU X

From last year I still have

-FFXV
-Kingdom Hearts 3
-Mirros Edge(not a typo lol)
-Last Guardian
-Yoshi's epic Yarn
-Witcher 3

Maybe more I forget.

Time to wait and see what gets announced.

Looks like BB is the way to go but I'll keep tabs on FS in case they put up a game for $60 by mistake.

Omlagus

Welp, so far in for:
BF Hardline
Destiny
The Order 1886
AC Unity all above on PS4
Counterspy (Vita)
and TLG as filler

Still have Diablo 3 and Battlefront from last year. I'm sure I will add more as stuff gets announced.

Lizardus

Ordered from Best Buy:

X
Smash Bros WiiU
Hyrule Warriors

I'll order the 3DS Smash Bros when new games get announced during E3 because there is nothing else that I want.

ph00p

Banned
The Xbox One controller is currently $10 off for 49.99 free shipping from the MS Store seems like a good deal, sorry if it's already posted, this with the news that it's now supported on PC is kinda exciting.

$50 gift card at target if you buy either a PS4 or an XBOX One.

link

Might be worth getting the Kinect bundle over the kinectless one next week for only $50 more, assuming you use that card on a game right then and there, of course. Plus Forza 5 is bundled with the Kinect one.

The Shoppers Drug Mart at Queen/Carlaw in Toronto seems to be clearing out their electronics or something (did not ask). With the $20 off $75 purchase coupon today, picked up two standalone Xbox One controllers for myself and a friend. $38 for standalone, $47.50 for play and charge pack.

Also saw an Xbox One for $388, Wii U Deluxe for $232, Wii U Basic for $200, sticker for PS3 12GB (I assume) at $160 and a sticker for a PS3 Uncharted bundle at $200. A bunch of Xbox One/3DS/Wii U games marked down and possibly other stuff I've missed. No clue if they have any more stuff in the back.

If you have Optimum points you can take advantage of the bonus redemption this weekend.

DreD

Don't know if it has been mentionned in this thread, but I just went to Target to grab Mario Kart 8 and they had some Wii U games on sale. For start, they had 10$ off on Mario Kart 8 (54,99 $) and they also had Zelda WW at 25 $ and DKTF at 27,99$.

Kud Dukan

First three games grabbed:
The Order 1886
The Last of Us Remastered
Driveclub

Definitely going to order more, but I'll wait until next week. Not sure on the platform for a lot of them, since I'm thinking about investing in a new computer in the near future.

EDIT:
That didn't take long. Grabbed The Witcher 3, Civilization: BeyondEarth, and Arkham Knight. All for PC, so I guess I'll be putting that new PC together at some point in the next six months!

explodet

Welp, just promised Futureshop and Nintendo I'd give them $230 later. Jerks.
Going to wait and see how much I'm going to promise Sony.

Don't know if it has been mentionned in this thread, but I just went to Target to grab Mario Kart 8 and they had some Wii U games on sale. For start, they had 10$ off on Mario Kart 8 (54,99 $) and they also had Zelda WW at 25 $ and DKTF at 27,99$.
Hmm, Dong Freeze for $28 and tax? Tempting.

tried to limit my picks to game that will be hitting before next E3 so im not waiting 1+ year to see the games.

NHL 15
Evolve
Diablo 3
Witcher 3
MGS 5

Destiny and Division are holdovers from last year

Getting really hard to track this thread!
Also Knack at $20 is a must buy, one of the very few family friendly couch co-op games available and a good one too, don't believe the haters!

FluxWaveZ

No Persona Q. No Guilty Gear Xrd. No Danganronpa 2. No Persona 5. No Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Right, guess I don't have much reason to jump in yet.

Firestorm

Don't think there's anything I didn't grab last year or the year before that I want outside Pokemon. Guess I'll find out next week.

Combine that with the Target receipt coupon ($5 off) and it's even less.

Use the self-checkout for less awkwardness as you buy 5 packs of gum in separate transactions.

ohlawd

Alrighty. All I got so far since the selection is sparse.

Quantum Break
Halo 5: Guardians
Hyrule Warriors

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Bayonetta 2
X
Super Smash Bros U

Tales of Xillia 2 (Why am I preordering this, Bamco will put this up for $10 a few months later)
SMT x FE
Sunset Overdrive

Got Smash 3DS but I need two more games to get the full discount :/

Alrighty. All I got so far since the selection is sparse.

Quantum Break
Halo 5: Guardians
Hyrule Warriors

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Omega Ruby
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Bayonetta 2
X
Super Smash Bros U

Tales of Xillia 2 (Why am I preordering this, Bamco will put this up for $10 a few months later)
SMT x FE
Sunset Overdrive

Got Smash 3DS but I need two more games to get the full discount :/

They don't need to be grouped in 3s. Just add everything to a single order and all games will get the discount.

But then if you change your mind your going to have a pain the ass manipulating such a big order.

After last E3 split orders I can't see any benefit of doing that, you can cancel separate games, if a game gets cancelled your order will still be there for the rest of the items, you can return a game after you get it no hassle!

Edit: BB is starting to crap on me after I put 16 games in the cart!

DJ_Lae

Why have Skylanders in the preorder list if it isn't eligible?

With the recent plethora of Shoppers' coupons I don't know how many of these I'll get into. Maybe I'll place an order when the selection gets a bit better, I'd be hard pressed to find more than a few games I'd absolutely have to have at launch.

Went with Alien: Isolation, Evil Within and Battlefield:Hardline all for PS4. I'm a sucker for collector's editions so I'm holding out on games like The Order as I'm sure I'll want the Deluxe-Overpriced Edition!!!

Returners

Went with Alien: Isolation, Evil Within and Battlefield:Hardline all for PS4. I'm a sucker for collector's editions so I'm holding out on games like The Order as I'm sure I'll want the Deluxe-Overpriced Edition!!!

That's what I'm thinking of for Assassin's Creed / Arkham Knight / The Division. But I got the latter 2 anyways just in case.

EA doesn't put up a lot of special editions.

FrsDvl

So... Since i kinda missed out on last years deals with FS and BB, if i were to cancle a game on my order, what would happen to the discount? Would it go down, would it stay the same? Or would it void for the while order?

Kud Dukan

That's why I haven't preordered Destiny yet. You just KNOW there is going to be a sweet collectors edition of that game. Hopefully it gets announced next week.

SO far I'm at:
Dragon Age Inquisition
The Witcher 3
The Order 1886
The Crew
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
Batman Arkham Knight
Lords of the Fallen
Far Cry 4
Sunset Overdrive (don't have an Xbone, but I might get one soon)
Diablo III PS4
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Super Smash 3DS x2
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Sapphire
Hyrule Warriors
Shin Megami x Fire Emblem
Bayonetta 2
Yoshi Yarn

Top Bottom