• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ondore

So I went through and compared the prices at each price level assuming 3 games:
Code:
Price	FS Discount	BB Discount
$34.99	$24.99	        $24.49
$39.99	$28.56	        $27.99
$44.99	$32.13	        $31.49
$49.99	$35.71	        $34.99
$54.99	$39.28	        $38.49
$59.99	$42.85	        $41.99
$64.99	$46.42	        $45.49
$69.99	$49.99	        $48.99

So Best Buy's always cheaper, but it's basically a rounding error.

Hey, here's a really dumb question. If I pre-order all these games at once will I still get charged for them individually and get them shipped individually when they release?

So you /can/ bring the games you don't want back without penalty to the other games you've still got on your preorder, right?

Absolutely.

The order receipt won't even mention the other games. Just take the game you don't want back to FS/BB and get a refund on your Credit Card.

kitzkozan

Thanks to the Quebec laws, apparently half of those pre-orders won't ship to Quebec. So Best Buy is asking me to ship to an Ontario address, this is beautiful.

Fuck!

I heard of a way to bypass this from the redflagdeals forums. :p Here it is: There is a way to do this. Make sure all your information is correct and at least a credit card is saved on your account. Log in, then add it to cart. During check out, where you enter your payment information, if you click submit, it will prompt you that Quebec error. However, just edit your credit card information (but don't change anything), just enter your CID and click submit. It will go through. I did that many times for English only products. I'm in Quebec, too...

I ordered 3 games since the selection is way too slim for the time being. XD It's frustrating to see that there is no Guilty Gear Xrd, Metro: redux, Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD, etc. In the case of the latter, it's just silly since the release date has been announced.

i-Jest

what it's already live?? aaaaa

I'll probably wait till the newly announced shit is added

No! Don't wait until next week. Do it now! That way you can cancel later....You'll kick yourself later if you wait. You know I'm right....

So I went through and compared the prices at each price level assuming 3 games:
Code:
Price	FS Discount	BB Discount
$34.99	$24.99	        $24.49
$39.99	$28.56	        $27.99
$44.99	$32.13	        $31.49
$49.99	$35.71	        $34.99
$54.99	$39.28	        $38.49
$59.99	$42.85	        $41.99
$64.99	$46.42	        $45.49
$69.99	$49.99	        $48.99

So Best Buy's always cheaper, but it's basically a rounding error.

We've reached the consensus that bestbuy was the way to go. It's nice to see it tabled orderly though.

Ugh, $45-$49 pre-tax prices are above my impulse buy threshold... I might really be cherry-picking pre-orders for must-haves (or Nintendo 1st-party games that never seem to drop in price) and just take my chances on drops/secondary market for the rest this year.

Same here. At $45 with tax, it feels like a bargain. Going up over $50 with tax is too much for me, especially since my backlog is already huge and it takes me forever to play new games. The only game I really, really want is Batman, so I figure I can probably wait and see if anything cool comes out of E3, and then decide after that if I'm going to get that excited for $50+ games.

Yasumi

Banned
Hopefully they add Persona Q, Shinovi Versus, some more recently announced stuff. The only thing on there that I might want to get right now is XBlaze.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hopefully they add Persona Q, Shinovi Versus, some more recently announced stuff. The only thing on there that I might want to get right now is XBlaze.
Yeah, it's basically Atlus/Aksys/Xseed stuff that I hope they add now. They always seem weird when it comes to that stuff though.

I'm worried Persona 5 won't be added since it doesn't seem to be at E3. I'm hesitant to put an order in for Last Guardian since I'm expecting it to get reannounced as a PS4 only title.

zroid

Banned
just to be sure I'm not missing something, there's no reason to order from FS, right? BB is obviously better?

No! Don't wait until next week. Do it now! That way you can cancel later....You'll kick yourself later if you wait. You know I'm right....

We've reached the consensus that bestbuy was the way to go. It's nice to see it tabled orderly though.

OK :(

well there are already 6 games available now which I want anyway... enough to split 2 orders

frequency

So far it's just Tales of Xillia 2, Theatrhythm, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, and Hyrule Warriors for me.

I am considering pre-ordering FFXV "just in case" but I'm not sure I'm ever going to actually get a PS4.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I say this as a guy who did like over 20 games last year, but I can't even think of 6 games I want out of what's on their site at the moment. lol
Same for me but that's because I still have a bunch from last year at $40 that haven't been released yet.

I'll make my order when I get home from work.

BadHand

I always get my FS orders on day 1.

what's BB like with shipping? does it come from the same distribution centres as FS?

Seik

Banned
BOOM!

X, Hyrule Warriors and FFV pre-ordered...can't wait to see what will be announced at E3. :D

EDIT: and Diablo III for PS4 as well.

zroid

Banned
I don't know if I should start pre-ordering some PS4 games... I might get one this year but I'm not too sure yet. Will depend on financial situation and if there's a price drop and/or deal. Honestly I regret not pre-ordering FFXV and KH3 last year due to the price hikes. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know if I should start pre-ordering some PS4 games... I might get one this year but I'm not too sure yet. Will depend on financial situation and if there's a price drop and/or deal. Honestly I regret not pre-ordering FFXV and KH3 last year due to the price hikes. :(
Don't worry, maybe they'll have a better deal for E3 2015. ;)

Luigi87

Dunno if it was posted, but the Target receipt printout coupon is save $5 on video game. Good until August 1st.
Several games on Temp price cut (like MK8 for $54.99, Wind Waker HD and Lego City for $25)

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
So I guess I can't get three copies of Smash Bros 3DS and apply the discount?

Got X, Smash Bros U, and Bayonetta 2 for now.

I'm still not sure if I'm getting the PS4/XBONE in the future, so I'm undecided if I'll pull the trigger on games for them.

Samyy

So far I've just gotten Destiny, NHL 15 and Pokemon.
Think thats all I wan't day one this year...

Now to think about 2015 games...

So I guess I can't get three copies of Smash Bros 3DS and apply the discount?

Got X, Smash Bros U, and Bayonetta 2 for now.

I'm still not sure if I'm getting the PS4/XBONE in the future, so I'm undecided if I'll pull the trigger on games for them.

I'd say go for it, worse case you can just return/refuse the package.

I didn't expect to get a Wii U in 2013 last E3 but got a decent deal on the console a month or two after the sale ended. It would have been great to have been able to get Mario Kart or World for cheap!

At least I put some 2014/2015 games down.

kitzkozan

I prioritize games that I absolutely want to play day 1 for my first order. The Last of Us remastered is a no brainer for me since it include all the DLC + the pre-order bonuses. Bought it on the PS3 so I know what I'm going into and I love it. :p

FF XV is simply too much of a curiosity for me at this point. I don't know what the end product will look like, but I'm willing to give them a chance since XIV is a step in the right direction even if it's a mmorpg. I wouldn't pay full price, but getting it day 1 with 30% off is perfect since I have to witness the epic train wreck or return to form of the next chapter in the franchise.

X should be the best and only proper rpg on the Wii U for a while, so might as well give it a go. I'm going to make another pre-order once BB fill out their selection since I wanted Metro: Redux as my third game but alas. XD

If I'm doing another, it's for Metro: Redux, Kingdom Heart 2.5 and maybe Destiny or Guilty Gear Xrd or something else depending on what's available.

P.S: Just saw that FF XV won't even be featured at E3 lol. Man, it won't be released before 2016 in NA if it ever come out lol. :p Ah well, it serve as a nice phantom game to get Last of Us with 30% off. :p

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say go for it, worse case you can just return/refuse the package.

I didn't expect to get a Wii U in 2013 last E3 but got a decent deal on the console a month or two after the sale ended. It would have been great to have been able to get Mario Kart or World for cheap!

At least I put some 2014/2015 games down.

Yeah I might go for it, but I'm not really salivating over anything at the moment. I only know that I'll probably get NHL 15 at this moment.

Actually you can. You can get 3 copies of Pokemon Omega Ruby for 94.48 which is 31.49 each.

Yeah I went ahead and tried it, and it worked.

Alrightyyyy, so far I got 21 games preordered. Sweet lord. Hopefully there aren't TOO many more announced at the show.

Edit: And yeah, Best Buy is actually a bit better this year if you go in higher quantities, if only by a couple dollars. Especially for the $69 games.

Cudder

I'd love to get NHL 15 at a discount as it's my most anticipated game right now, but I love having the game on my hard drive like I did with 13 and 14 because I play it often, and throughout the whole year. I hope Sony does a preload for digital preorders for it.

Eternia

The Shoppers Drug Mart at Queen/Carlaw in Toronto seems to be clearing out their electronics or something (did not ask). With the $20 off $75 purchase coupon today, picked up two standalone Xbox One controllers for myself and a friend. $38 for standalone, $47.50 for play and charge pack.

Also saw an Xbox One for $388, Wii U Deluxe for $232, Wii U Basic for $200, sticker for PS3 12GB (I assume) at $160 and a sticker for a PS3 Uncharted bundle at $200. A bunch of Xbox One/3DS/Wii U games marked down and possibly other stuff I've missed. No clue if they have any more stuff in the back.

Anyone know how it works with Club Nintendo if I register a game more than once? Same with consoles?

Completely new copy of the game and code, but the same game. Same with consoles? I want to register my sons Wii U for coins but I had my own registered as well. Games are 3DS ones like Mario kart 7 which I registered when it was first released, but now have a code from my sons copy.

Lexxism

Anyone know how it works with Club Nintendo if I register a game more than once? Same with consoles?

Completely new copy of the game and code, but the same game. Same with consoles? I want to register my sons Wii U for coins but I had my own registered as well. Games are 3DS ones like Mario kart 7 which I registered when it was first released, but now have a code from my sons copy.

You cant register the same game on club nintendo. If you want to do that just create a sub account on your main account to register. No idea with console but I guess the same thing?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

You can't register the same game more than once as far as I know.

I still find it ridiculous that you can't pre order games on the best buy mobile site!

Re: inFAMOUS SS @ $49

I just bought it 2 days ago at superstore for $69 (had $40 of PC points that I needed to burn)! Argh

Dazzler

Have the following preordered as of this morning:

Star Wars Battlefront
Destiny
Final Fantasy XV
MGS 5
Halo 5
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Hyrule Warriors
AC Unity
Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor

That should keep me going :)

Google

Pre-Ordered 21 games totalling $1200+.

This is without any of the stuff they announce at E3.

I'm probably not going to keep all of them - but it's nice to have them sitting there, with a 30% discount if I decide I do actually want to play them as release nears.

I have the bad habit of getting picked up in the hype of games and buying the day of release for full price

Returners

I still find it ridiculous that you can't pre order games on the best buy mobile site!

Re: inFAMOUS SS @ $49

I just bought it 2 days ago at superstore for $69 (had $40 of PC points that I needed to burn)! Argh

Buy it, return copy at Superstore with your receipt.

So far I just did FFXV/SmashBros/X.

Will wait for them to add more games to do the rest because I'm going to want to do one with Project Beast and Zelda U and one other. I assume they aren't done. They usually add everything from every press conference.

Tiktaalik

Ah E3 BB/FS deals are starting again?

Thus the endless cycle of people complaining about their BB/FS games not arriving in the mail begins anew...

BadHand

I picked up 3 games this morning:

Batman PS4
AC Unity PS4
TLOU: Remastered PS4

I already had these preordered from last year ($39.99)

Destiny PS4
MGSV PS4
Mirrors Edge 2 PS4
FFXV PS4

I'll probably pick up a few more after some announcements, I'm debating if I want to pick up Far Cry 4 or Diablo III PS4 or not.

Top Bottom