• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Ryse was $20 at target when I went, Titanfall (both 360 and XBO) were $50.

Didn't end up picking up Ryse, but I'm sure some people might want to bite at $20.

m23

Pre-ordered Destiny, Sunset Overdrive and Witcher 3. I'll wait til next week for unannounced games. Also, in case I do move, will there be any issues changing my address?

Jesb

I just picked up an Xbox one controller with play and charge kit for $38. This would normally be $75, it's going for half the price. This is not a advertised promo so it may only be available from certain locations.

i bit and preordered X, Bayonetta 2, Smash, bought Beyond and Arkham Asylum. Cost 193.74$ or 38.75$ per game, including tax. We Canadians are HEAVILY taxed.

ph00p

Banned
I just picked up an Xbox one controller with play and charge kit for $38. This would normally be $75, it's going for half the price. This is not a advertised promo so it may only be available from certain locations.

What was the store? Thats an amazing price, don't just post your "special deal" with your manager friend here if thats what that was, because then thats just bragging.

Jesb

What was the store? Thats an amazing price, don't just post your "special deal" with your manager friend here if thats what that was, because then thats just bragging.

Cloverdale mall in etobicoke. I couldn't believe that was the price. So I asked one of the workers to double check the price, because I was confused as they also had another promo next to it that is being advertised to buy controller for $59.99 with $20 gift card. This is obviously way better as it's $20 cheaper plus includes play and charge kit. What's great is I bought this to play with my PC, and the included play and charge kit allows me to play on my couch as the cable is longer than standard mini USB cables.

Luigi87

Don't know if it has been mentionned in this thread, but I just went to Target to grab Mario Kart 8 and they had some Wii U games on sale. For start, they had 10$ off on Mario Kart 8 (54,99 $) and they also had Zelda WW at 25 $ and DKTF at 27,99$.

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is also $22.50, IIRC.

Eternia

That's a terrific price for a controller!

Kazerei

Banned
What's this about a Target Clearance?

Edit: Conestoga mall in Waterloo

Xbox One
Ryse $20
Titanfall $50
FIFA 14 $30
COD Ghosts $30

PlayStation 4
Infamous SS $60
NBA Live 14 $30
Madden NFL 25 $30
COD Ghosts $30

Wii U
Zelda Wind Waker $25
Mario and Sonic Olympics $25
Lego City Undercover $25
Wonderful 101 $30
Pikmin 3 $30
Pro controller $25
Super Mario 3D World $50
Mario Kart 8 $55

3DS
Professor Layton Azran Legacy $22.50

Plus a ton of last gen games on clearance.

Luigi87

^
Those games aren't on clearance, but Temporary Price cuts (unadvertised sales basically). They'll eventually go back to full price.

Just to add to the Target deals, you get a $5 off coupon for buying a game so by doing two separate transactions I got both windwaker hd and injustice (ps4) for $44 taxes in.

Luigi87

Oh, and in case it cost lost
At least at my store, the print-out receipt coupon that is on all Target receipts, this week is "Save $5 on video games" *horded three from co-workers*
Edit: Great minds.

m23

How is Best Buy with shipping games on time? Do they usually get them in on day 1 or do you guys suggest paying for expedited?

It's ymmv per store. DK is not 27.99 here Lego City is 25. Xbone controller plus play and charge is 37.50.

Yonge/Steeles store.

Wii remotes are 20, nunchucks are 10, fit pedometer is 10

I feel like we need an FAQ. :lol

1. Will I get charged right away? No, your method of payment is charged when the game ships.
2. Can I cancel an individual game? Yes. If no part of the order has shipped, you can cancel the whole thing from the website. If part of the order has shipped, you have to call/email to cancel.
3. My CC expires before some of the games ship and it's throwing an error. Change the expiry date and update your CC info before the game ships.
4. If the price of the game drops, can I apply the discount to the new price? Except in rare instances, no.
5. Do I lose the discount if I cancel one game in the future? No, each game's price is automatically adjusted to the discounted price.
6. Do I have to order in increments of 3? No, you just need 3 or more to get the maximum discount.
7. Can I order multiples and does that count towards the required 3? Yes, you can order 3 copies of the same game to get the discount.
8. Where's X? It's in the Wii U section.
9. No, I mean in general, game X. E3 hasn't happened yet and the promo runs until Thursday night, so wait until then. Bombard their Twitter/forum if it's still not up by then.
10. Why is this game $70 when it's a last-gen version? It could be a placeholder. #4 will likely apply.

so I assume that if I get one of the three pre-orders and I choose to return it back to the store, I will still keep the discounted prices on my other orders?

How is Best Buy with shipping games on time? Do they usually get them in on day 1 or do you guys suggest paying for expedited?

I'm in Vancouver, so both FS and BB come day one 80% of the time. BB and FS are basically one and the same, so your experience with each (at least in terms of shipping) should be exactly the same.

Went ahead and preordered NHL 15, Battlefield Hardline and Far Cry 4 with BB.

Still have Destiny, The Order, Star Wars Battlefront, Kingdom Hearts 3, Mad Max and The Division ordered from last year at FS.

Might be a light year this year with both the price hike and what I already have ordered.

kennah

Ugh gh. Want to take a chance at looking at Target for a 3ds but won't be done work until 11 tonight.

Edit. Called the closest one and tehy don't have any.

koopas

Just came from target in Mississauga holy god. Never seen the electronics department so busy. Guy in front of me bought three wii u's. Grabbed deadpool ps3 for $10 and windwaker for $25.

i-Jest

I'm going to check out my local target tomorrow. If I by chance see Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Dream Collection, or Epic Yarn then I will lose all self control and buy. Buy and never look back.

koopas

I'm going to check out my local target tomorrow. If I by chance see Kirby's Return To Dreamland, Dream Collection, or Epic Yarn then I will lose all self control and buy. Buy and never look back.
Extremely unlikely you'll see Return To Dreamland anywhere let alone target. That game has vanished. Rumor I heard from an eb employee that Nintendo recalled their unsold copies.

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, I know this may sound scummy, so please tell me if its not allowed.

Ok, I want to play Kingdom Hearts 3D for the 3DS. Its the only one I haven't played, and unfortunately, its on a system that I absolutely do not want. Nothing against it, I just don't buy handhelds. I dislike them.

Would it be wrong to buy the system, buy the game, play it and beat it within 30 days, and then return it? To lets say Futureshop or Amazon? I'll keep the game because you usually can't return those, but the 3DS? Would I be able to return if if its been used?

explodet

No Dong Freeze for me.
I would have totally grabbed Lego City Undercover at $25 but it was $50 at the Target I went to (at the Stockyards).

They were cleaned out of the $150 Wii U, which isn't surprising.

khaaan

lol, has The Last Guardian always been available to pre-order off of Futureshop?

So far I've added Bayonetta, Xillia 2 and Smash Bros U to my stuff still held over from last year. Still going through the list for anything I might have missed, these $70 games are breaking my heart.

If any Mario Kart 8 owners don't want to use their free game code, I'm looking for a Wii Party U one for about $20 or so. PM me if interested!

Past

What was the point of rebranding Zellers into Target? Nothing has changed, at this rate they will go out of business.

Daigr

lol, has The Last Guardian always been available to pre-order off of Futureshop?

So far I've added Bayonetta, Xillia 2 and Smash Bros U to my stuff still held over from last year. Still going through the list for anything I might have missed, these $70 games are breaking my heart.
It was up for pre-order last year; I think it has been up for longer unsure. I want to preorder it but if it actually is made and for ps4 I dunno if FS would change the order or just cancel.

jzbluz

VGP changed their website and added a point system. Too bad I've gotten most of the stuff I wanted from them already.

They are also selling the coloured vitas for $280(what).

Top Bottom