• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

The Target at Keele and St Clair isn't badly stocked for the sale.

I am tempted to grab Gran Turismo 6 for $30.

Monster hunter 3 wii u is $20.

Picked up a pro controller for $25.

I can confirm half price Xbone Play n Charge combo for $37.49 at the Richmond Lansdowne location. I don't have an Xbone but I love the feel of the controller and will use it on my PC. Downloading drivers now :) ..

have fun, the rumble triggers are dope

close enough that I'm tempted to drive there, but far enough that it would really piss me off if I don't get anything :lol

why not call the store?

daevv

Have not seen this anywhere else. I bought three $7.50 polo shirts last night at Target and got a $5 off video game coupon that expires August 1st.

Wcf6naC.jpg

Also my table cloth looks trippy in that photo. :)

i-Jest

The Target at Keele and St Clair isn't badly stocked for the sale.

I am tempted to grab Gran Turismo 6 for $30.

Monster hunter 3 wii u is $20.

Picked up a pro controller for $25.

Stockyards right? Dats mah locle Target rite der. You see any Kirby related games besides Triple Deluxe?

Were there any 3ds there?

I saw a couple of pink 3ds there.

As for the rest. I don't recall. Definitely check out that store though. It's fairly new and a lot of people seem to forget that it exists. Might go back and use my $5 coupon on something in a bit.

haha yeah I guess, although I've heard most of the time Target employees are pretty clueless. and there could be other stuff on clearance to look for as well, aside from the WUPCs...

mrgrgr

The Target employee in the gaming section at Stockyards was really good. He was joking about all the sales and how he thought a lot of them might be pricing errors.

Kud Dukan

Grabbed one of the cheap Xbox One controller kits at the Target in Conestoga Mall, Waterloo. They had a few left. Good timing with the PC drivers being released!

iphys

How much? Thinking of using my points at SDM thanks to their mega redemption. It will save me more money I guess

Was just at SDM and it was $45 at my local one at least, so not a bad deal if you've got the 25,000 Optimum points for the $50 super redemption level and can't get the better deal at Target.

Seville

I saw a couple of pink 3ds there.

As for the rest. I don't recall. Definitely check out that store though. It's fairly new and a lot of people seem to forget that it exists. Might go back and use my $5 coupon on something in a bit.

The Target employee in the gaming section at Stockyards was really good. He was joking about all the sales and how he thought a lot of them might be pricing errors.

Hmm. I want to go there to check if there are any 3DSXLs left. Not sure if I should go down. Pretty sweet price though.

Hmm. I want to go there to check if there are any 3DSXLs left. Not sure if I should go down. Pretty sweet price though.

I think I saw 3 3DS XLs this morning. No idea how much they are going for though. I was there at 8 am this morning.

The Wii U Pro Controllers were sitting in the back and they had no more on the shelf so they may have had more XLs in the back as well.

I feel like we need an FAQ. :lol

1. Will I get charged right away? No, your method of payment is charged when the game ships.
2. Can I cancel an individual game? Yes. If no part of the order has shipped, you can cancel the whole thing from the website. If part of the order has shipped, you have to call/email to cancel.
3. My CC expires before some of the games ship and it's throwing an error. Change the expiry date and update your CC info before the game ships.
4. If the price of the game drops, can I apply the discount to the new price? Except in rare instances, no.
5. Do I lose the discount if I cancel one game in the future? No, each game's price is automatically adjusted to the discounted price.
6. Do I have to order in increments of 3? No, you just need 3 or more to get the maximum discount.
7. Can I order multiples and does that count towards the required 3? Yes, you can order 3 copies of the same game to get the discount.
8. Where's X? It's in the Wii U section.
9. No, I mean in general, game X. E3 hasn't happened yet and the promo runs until Thursday night, so wait until then. Bombard their Twitter/forum if it's still not up by then.
10. Why is this game $70 when it's a last-gen version? It could be a placeholder. #4 will likely apply.

Quoting for less repeated questions!

Also I kinda hate Target sales, they always get you excited then hoarders just clear the shelves before you can even get dresses so I just decided not to bother about them anymore plus I'm gonna be buying stuff I didn't need in the first place!

Lexxism

Was just at SDM and it was $45 at my local one at least, so not a bad deal if you've got the 25,000 Optimum points for the $50 super redemption level and can't get the better deal at Target.

Hopefully it's $45 too at my local store. So I will definitely get $50 off?

Just got this email from Playstation MVP. I don't have an iphone so it's useless to me, but someone might want to jump on it.

We just recently soft-released a new free-2-play mobile game in Canada only – Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. By “soft release”, this means it is technically public and not a heavily guarded secret, but only available to users in Canada.

Download (it’s FREE!) – Android release in a few weeks and PS Vita not until we go world-wide
https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/fat-princess-piece-of-cake/id874611551&linkname=cta1

Also, if you get to Level 15 in the game, you will automatically receive a voucher code to download the original Fat Princess for PlayStation 3…FREE. Now, cake time anyone?

jholmes

The only thing I saw at the Target I went to in Hamilton was the wireless Xbone controller with gift card. Good deal but useless for PC gaming.

That said they did have Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U for $20 and buy one get one half off, which would have been worth the trip if I didn't get the game last year. Just FYI, all.

suikodan

Is this Target sale on going in the whole country? What about Quebec?

In my town's Target (north shore of Mtl), Wiimote were 20$, some XBone games and controllers were discounted (and sold out) and apparently there were some WiiU consoles at 150$ (and sold out as well...)

It's worth checking out if you have one near.

Luigi87

The only thing I saw at the Target I went to in Hamilton was the wireless Xbone controller with gift card. Good deal but useless for PC gaming.

That said they did have Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U for $20 and buy one get one half off, which would have been worth the trip if I didn't get the game last year. Just FYI, all.
Should have went to the one on Baton (I work there, lol)

If you went to Queenston, they tend to be lacking in timely pricing of their sales. If Upper Gage, I dunno how they are.

For the record my store has no Nintendoland Wii U bundles, and if we did apparently they're treating it as a system error and not honoring it.

grego9198

What target sale are people talking about? Looked back a few pages and didn't notice a link.

It's a temporary price cut sale, it's not in any flyer.

Here's a couple thing I remember off the top of my head.
WiiU - deluxe $150
3DS XL (Blue only) - $150
3DS (Pink) - $85
WiiU Pro Controller - $25
Wii Motion Controller (Blue/Black/White) - $20
XBONE Play and Charge Kit - $37.50

A bunch of different games varied from $15-30.

Personally I picked up a WiiU Delxue, 3DS XL, Pikmin, Wind Waker, NSMBU, Prof Layton Azran Legacy, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Wonderful 101 and MK8, Pro Controller, 2 Motion+ all for under $500 taxes in. Pretty crazy deal.

With every purchase you get a coupon for $5 off your next game too, so lots of deal stacks.

khaaan

So Best Buy is looking like it's slightly cheaper with the pre-orders? I'm trying to decide if I'm petty enough to cancel my order at FutureShop over a total of $3 in savings.

Luigi87

So Best Buy is looking like it's slightly cheaper with the pre-orders? I'm trying to decide if I'm petty enough to cancel my order at FutureShop over a total of $3 in savings.
It is cheaper, but for me personally Best Buy constantly missed launch day shipping/deliver so I'm going with FS

jholmes

Should have went to the one on Baton (I work there, lol)

If you went to Queenston, they tend to be lacking in timely pricing of their sales. If Upper Gage, I dunno how they are.

For the record my store has no Nintendoland Wii U bundles, and if we did apparently they're treating it as a system error and not honoring it.

Went to the Upper James one. If the Barton one has Xbone wired/360/Wii U Pros at good prices tomorrow evening I might go over but I'm crazy busy this weekend, unfortunately.

Luigi87

Went to the Upper James one. If the Barton one has Xbone wired/360/Wii U Pros at good prices tomorrow evening I might go over but I'm crazy busy this weekend, unfortunately.

I know we have the Wireless XONE Controller + P&C Kit for 50% off (so... $37.50 I think? And the kit allows it to be wired I imagine) in stock as of this morning. I never checked if we had the CCPro in stock.

Luigi87

The target sale looks like a price error. Both the stores I've seen have removed all their temp sale tags.

They may have done that (when they likely aren't supposed to) because a lot of the Temporary Price Cuts in the last couple of weeks aren't scanning (something is wrong with the computer system). Technically they should be scanning correctly at the cash registers, but the employee PDAs are scanning full prices (something I figured out today).

Sorry for the late GAF input but the target deal was pretty YMMV and apparently dead now, only certain stores had gotten temp price cut items, and even then there was no consistentsy between the stores. Managed to get a pro controller for $17.5 and a blue 3ds XL for $100 though.

Has anyone tried stacking the 5 $ off coupons you get at target?

They won't stack and there is a limit of 4 per day, they don't expire until August 1st but the good thing is there is no minimum requirement on the price of the game, like you could buy a $10 game and get half off.

Tiktaalik

Deal alert:

That terribly expensive, but amazingly well stocked A to Z video game store in Vancouver (probably?) burned down because the building next to it was crazy on fire last night. Maybe some lightly toasted FF3 carts in the debris?

Socreges

Banned
Have not seen this anywhere else. I bought three $7.50 polo shirts last night at Target and got a $5 off video game coupon that expires August 1st.

Also my table cloth looks trippy in that photo. :)
Hmm. If I buy a game Target, I get a coupon which I can immediately put toward another game?

Joeku

If you buy ANYTHING at Target you get that coupon.

And for what it's worth, I work in Electronics at the Pickering location and just picked up a shift tonight. If a tag or sticker says a price, I'll honour it. Come say hi and get cheap crap you'll never play or use! I'm gonna see if there's still WiiU controllers for Mario Karting.

Top Bottom