• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Yeah, I was just thinking that I'd like to add Uncharted 4 and Project Beast when they're available, but if I start a new order with only two games I won't get the full discount.

Yeah I'm in the same situation. But I'm certain there'll be at least 5-6 more games I'm gonna want to pre-order and want day one. Hell, I'm still waiting for some of the Vita pre-orders for stuff like Disgaea 4 and Freedom Wars.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Got the last X1 P&C kit from Target Westmount (London) today. They had no classic controllers left but quite a few white and black Wii Remote pluses for $20/ea.

They had one pro controller but it was still full price (even had the guy scan it) 3dsXLs were also full price.

Seik

Banned
There is and this was posted couple of pages ago.

Basically add everything you want to the cart. Make sure your credit card information is preloaded. When you hit checkout and sign in, it takes to the page where you see address and all...

Now, pick the address you want, ignore the "can't ship bullshit". Now go to your credit card and hit "edit card information", now all you do is enter the 3 digit code on the back of your card and hit confirm.

It will automatically load you to confirmation page. I just placed an order for 21 games to Montreal through Best Buy and it worked for me.

Thanks a lot, it worked!

I hope that if they end up cancelling anything, it will just be the problematic game (Diablo 3) and not the entire order.

Good glitch if everything work out though. :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If The Last Guardian really is cancelled then it might be a good idea to get a preorder in for for the E3 deal because it'll probably net you a nice little coupon you can use on something else later on.

Got the last X1 P&C kit from Target Westmount (London) today. They had no classic controllers left but quite a few white and black Wii Remote pluses for $20/ea.

They had one pro controller but it was still full price (even had the guy scan it) 3dsXLs were also full price.

Apparently the price guns are scanning a different price than what is coming up at the register.

If The Last Guardian really is cancelled then it might be a good idea to get a preorder in for for the E3 deal because it'll probably net you a nice little coupon you can use on something else later on.

Fair warning: this has never worked for me, despite having several pre-order games canceled due to the games not existing or only having digital versions. Try it anyways (because how can it hurt?) but don't get your hopes up.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Fair warning: this has never worked for me, despite having several pre-order games canceled due to the games not existing or only having digital versions. Try it anyways (because how can it hurt?) but don't get your hopes up.
Happened for me last year with Arkham Origins PS4.

ohlawd

worth a shot. I put in an order on both sites.

Sora_N

Do you guys have any tablets?

Some awful one branded "Craig" or something, Android 4.0 and it's $52 now. It looks kind of crappy.

They put them all on clearance like a year and half ago I think. It's a miracle they still have one in stock, as the Mini pales in comparison, and real Wii systems basically disappeared overnight. You could probably sell it on eBay for a profit.

Lol are you serious? Well I think those ones have been sitting around forever because my store doesn't really focus on carrying stuff, not a lot of people come in just to buy things (except this one dude that buys all the 3DS systems and other systems during promos lol).

A girl and her friend bought one, and bought an extra set of controllers too. We only had 2, my coworker bought one for her nephew. It's a pretty good deal actually.

Jinto

Went to Target earlier today with my niece to grab her a 3DS XL. They were sold out of the red and blue ones which were on sale for $100. The dude who works there comes up to us and tells us all the regular 3DS' are on sale for $85 and all XL's are on sale for $100. We're like, cool, that's a good deal, give us the pink XL. Of course it rings up as $199. He goes to the back for awhile. When he comes back, he says that only the Red and Blue ones were on sale, but since he misquoted the price, he`ll give it to us for $100. Almost wanted to grab another one, but didn`t wanna push my luck.

Went to Target earlier today with my niece to grab her a 3DS XL. They were sold out of the red and blue ones which were on sale for $100. The dude who works there comes up to us and tells us all the regular 3DS' are on sale for $85 and all XL's are on sale for $100. We're like, cool, that's a good deal, give us the pink XL. Of course it rings up as $199. He goes to the back for awhile. When he comes back, he says that only the Red and Blue ones were on sale, but since he misquoted the price, he`ll give it to us for $100. Almost wanted to grab another one, but didn`t wanna push my luck.

Nice, at least you got some benefit out of this sale!

ohlawd

is this target stuff ongoing?

I can't visit mine until monday afternoon. even then everything's probably gone or they never had clearance to begin with :(

Jinto

Nice, at least you got some benefit out of this sale!

Yep, too bad they were sold out of Mario Kart 8. Didn`t even realize they were selling Wii U`s for $150. I should probably get a new one, since mine is always at my sister`s house.

is this target stuff ongoing?

I can't visit mine until monday afternoon. even then everything's probably gone or they never had clearance to begin with :(

It should be, but all the good stuff is probably gone. Not sure if it`ll last till Monday. I`m going to the Target on the other side of town tomorrow, since I`m gonna be in the area anyway.

Edit: NVM figured it out.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Don't bother with Target London. Went back for the pro controller and it was $49 at the register. The blue 3ds rang in at full price too. Either my location only had the xbox controllers marked down or they fixed the error.

Yeah, it sounds like the deal may be dead over at Target.

I'm curious to know if Gran Turismo 6 is still discounted. $29.99 + $5 off would make me interested. I just want to wait until after the E3 conference.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Picked up a DS4 at target yesterday thanks to you guys. Super excited, I have wanted this stupid thing for my pc for a while now. Works great!

ohlawd

It should be, but all the good stuff is probably gone. Not sure if it`ll last till Monday. I`m going to the Target on the other side of town tomorrow, since I`m gonna be in the area anyway.

Edit: NVM figured it out.
I went to the one in Central City earlier. Nope, nothing.

Which is better supported? DS4 or Xbone controller?

Xbone controller now has official PC drivers, so I'd say Xbone, especially if you want a hassle-free experience. That said, the DS4 has a trackpad and motion sensors that you can theoretically use for things (the trackpad even works as a mouse in SCPServer) so if you want more geegaws, DS4. Also, if you want wireless operation, DS4 is your only option; Microsoft has either locked down the Xbone controller's Bluetooth or just hasn't released wireless drivers for it.

Takuan

Xbone controller now has official PC drivers, so I'd say Xbone, especially if you want a hassle-free experience. That said, the DS4 has a trackpad and motion sensors that you can theoretically use for things (the trackpad even works as a mouse in SCPServer) so if you want more geegaws, DS4. Also, if you want wireless operation, DS4 is your only option; Microsoft has either locked down the Xbone controller's Bluetooth or just hasn't released wireless drivers for it.
I'd also add that if you don't want to run the risk of your analog sticks wearing down, get the Xbone controller. My ds4 hasn't begun to tear, but it has worn down significantly since I started playing dark souls on PC. I have no idea how prevalent this issue is, but it seems common enough and I have baby soft hands.

I'll probably use the Xbone controller then, thanks for the tips :)

I'd also add that if you don't want to run the risk of your analog sticks wearing down, get the Xbone controller. My ds4 hasn't begun to tear, but it has worn down significantly since I started playing dark souls on PC. I have no idea how prevalent this issue is, but it seems common enough and I have baby soft hands.

Get the analogue grips, they go for $5 at EB and they will keep them from tearing and they aren't bad. I'll probably use the Xbone controller though since I rarely use the Xbone I might as well get some benefit out of its controller!

wishdom

Received this from Nintendo today:

YFJdhUI.png

not too bad of a deal.

Fularu

Banned
Went to Target Place Laurier (Québec city) today, yellow tags were still active.

The Pro Controller was full price (50$) but :

- The 8 GB vita memory card was 10, since the coupon failed on it, an employee overode the self checkout machine and it ended up beeing 2.88$ with tax, but for some reason, she gave me 2 memory cards instead of one for that price (2.88 total), was prety funny.
- The Lego city game for 10$
- Animal Crossing for 12,50$
- TMNT for 5$
- Pac-Man the ghostly adventures for 5$

Pink 3DS were still 85$
Ryse was still 20$
Battlefield 4 PS4 was on clearance for 40$
Angry Birds trilogy was 20$
Need for Speed Rivals (PS3, 360) was 30$ instead of the normal 49.99$ promotion price (PS4 and XBONE versions were the correct 50$)

Went to Target Place Laurier (Québec city) today, yellow tags were still active.

Great! Just came back from Target Galerie de la Capitale! With the 5$ coupon I score Super Mario 3D World for 25$ (There was none left but the one they use as "demo" case, guy did not want to sell it to my wife yesterday when she got the Wii U at 150$, today it worked though). Also got Pikmin 3 for 25$ and Wii Party U for 20$ (the kit with the Black Wii Mote).

All in all, 220$ total for: Wii U 32G + Nintendo Land + Super Mario 3D World + Pikmin 3 + Wii Party U + Black Wii Remote Plus. I feel like a thief... Now to Microplay for a Nunchuck! Oh and I bought a MK8 code for 19$ on Buy/sell Thread so Windwaker or New Super Mario Bros U for 19$!

Might be a little off topic, but are you all watching Sony's presser using the IGN app on PS4? (Since we are not getting the official app in Canada).

If anyone in Toronto finds godly prices on Vita cards (like the $2.88 above), would you be able to buy them for me and I can pay you back if possible?

I've been wanting to get a bigger card, but if I can get a couple of 8GB cards or so for that cheap, that'd be much nicer at least in price.

Though yeah I'd prefer a 64GB card so EVERYTHING is in one. Like hell I'd find that 1. in a store and 2. for any decent price.

mdubs

Banned
So Amazon.ca is continuing their "let's price match FS/BB!" Right now Destiny is 48-49 bucks, same price as getting it in FS or BB's deal if you get 3 games and include Destiny. I somehow got a Destiny Beta key as well for pre-ordering from them.

Amazon never gets things delivered day one, even for people in the GTA. Plus it's a hassle to return so I'd rather go Future Shop or Best Buy

LakeEarth

My local Target only had Wii U's priced at $300. Too bad. Since MK8 came out my g/f has been very excited to get one, but I can't pay full price after seeing so many sales come and go.

Amazon never gets things delivered day one, even for people in the GTA. Plus it's a hassle to return so I'd rather go Future Shop or Best Buy

Yeah for some reason it's like every other thing I order it gets delivered late, and LE's that just flat out never come week of release. Blazblue CP LE's came a week after it came out, and Demon Gaze came a day after release. I live in the City of Toronto area as well and I know things should get here at least within a day or two I guess

amrod

Trying to buy e3 pre-orders bestbuy I get this error

The credit card you entered or selected is expired or will expire soon. Please select a different credit card, edit this credit card, or add a new one. (0115)

Yet it doesn't expire for 14 more months ?

mdubs

Banned

The credit card you entered or selected is expired or will expire soon. Please select a different credit card, edit this credit card, or add a new one. (0115)

If you are preordering games that have a placeholder date past your credit card expiration date it won't let you use that credit card.

Same thing happened to me. I just used a different credit card. Weird though

Does ANYONE know where I might be able to find a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii that doesn't have me paying out the ass?

Jinto

Just got back from Target on the other side of town. Grabbed the last Red 3DS XL for $100 even though I bought the pink one yesterday. Don't really need it, but the price was too good. Also picked up:

The last copy of Mario Kart 8, which was on sale for $54.99. They also let me use the $5.00 off coupon, so it came up to $49.99.

A DS4 for $44.99.

And a copy of Pokemon Y for niece to go with her Pink XL I bought yesterday. Used another $5.00 coupon on that.

I wanted to grab another Wii U, but they were sold out. Still, not bad, considering I didn't expect them to have anything left.

Top Bottom