• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

jholmes

I know we have the Wireless XONE Controller + P&C Kit for 50% off (so... $37.50 I think? And the kit allows it to be wired I imagine) in stock as of this morning. I never checked if we had the CCPro in stock.

Just went and got one. Thanks for the hookup, pal!

Socreges

Banned
The $150 Wii Us were sold out but just grabbed Pikmin 3 for $25...

....and with no console to play it on.

Hoping there's a price drop after E3.

koopas

Got you. Don't think you'll find a better deal on Mariokart in a bundle before July 31st though (the last day to get your code).

Socreges

Banned
Got you. Don't think you'll find a better deal on Mariokart in a bundle before July 31st though (the last day to get your code).
True, probably not. But if I buy it now instead of waiting to see I save only $5 (unless I'm mistaken) and it sits on my shelf until I actually own a WiiU. Might as well forfeit the $5 in savings and try my luck.

LMN

I haven't see MH 4 ultimate 3ds pre-order list yet, I hope FS or Bestbuy soon before E3 promotion is over, That and Super smash Bros. + Pokemon alpha sapphire are the only game I want for now.

True, probably not. But if I buy it now instead of waiting to see I save only $5 (unless I'm mistaken) and it sits on my shelf until I actually own a WiiU. Might as well forfeit the $5 in savings and try my luck.

Technically you'll save $15, reg price is $65 and it's on for $55 plus your $5 coupon can be applied.

iphys

Hopefully it's $45 too at my local store. So I will definitely get $50 off?

Yeah, but you can't use the $50 toward taxes, so if the controller is $45, you'll have to pick up another $5 of stuff to avoid missing out on the rest of your $50 redemption value. Their awesome Nativa natural flavour popcorn was on sale 2 boxes for $5 when I was there: highly recommend it.

For once a deal might work for me! A while ago the wife called one of the Target in Quebec City and they had 10 Wii U deluxe left at 150$. Waiting for her mail to see if she got one without problem. I realized that I could have bought two and sell one back full price for a free Wii U but I am never comfortable doing those things...

Living by some kind of good guy code never really pays off but oh well! I love to think that for the extra console I did not get, a kid might convince his mom to get one for him at that price and be super happy!

Tagg9

For once a deal might work for me! A while ago the wife called one of the Target in Quebec City and they had 10 Wii U deluxe left at 150$. Waiting for her mail to see if she got one without problem. I realized that I could have bought two and sell one back full price for a free Wii U but I am never comfortable doing those things...

Living by some kind of good guy code never really pays off but oh well! I love to think that for the extra console I did not get, a kid might convince his mom to get one for him at that price and be super happy!

You done well. Watch the next person after you buys all 9 remaining consoles.

Socreges

Banned
Technically you'll save $15, reg price is $65 and it's on for $55 plus your $5 coupon can be applied.
$10 since I'll still apply that coupon in late July. But yeah, slightly more tempting now. And if they don't have MK8 in stock by then...

For once a deal might work for me! The wife called one of the Target in Quebec City and they had 10 Wii U deluxe left at 150$. Waiting for her mail to see if she got one without problem. I realized that I could have bought two and sell one back full price for a free Wii U but I am never comfortable doing those things...

Well, on the one hand, you get to be a good person. That must be worth something.

jet1911

Quebec City GAF represent!

Anyone have any luck finding a Wii U Pro controller for $25?

All the Targets here still have it at $49.99 but the X1 controller is on sale, same with Wii Us, games etc. really weird.

jholmes

Anyone have any luck finding a Wii U Pro controller for $25?

All the Targets here still have it at $49.99 but the X1 controller is on sale, same with Wii Us, games etc. really weird.

Only Wii U hardware I saw on sale was remotes, and even then the Mario and Peaches were excluded.

Sora_N

The Shoppers I work at had the Black NSMB Wii (not U) for clearance at 89.99. Not sure if its just a sale or not bit YMMV.

Also PS Move + Camera bundle with Medieval moves and Sports Champ $15.

Pachinko

I'm guessing every province must have it's own Target deals, I went to the 2 closest targets and found the following -

Mario Kart 8 54.99
Ryse 19.99

Madden and NBA and Fifa seemingly on for 49.99 each but also buy 1 get 50% off the second one (xbone or ps4)

Pikmin 3, wonderful 101, need for speed rivals (ps4/xbone) for 29.99 , this varied per store

49.99 for an xbox one controller

499.99 for xbox one with a 50$ gift card

And the 5$ off your next game on the receipt.

There were a bunch of ps3/360 games for 5-20% off as well like the same EA titles as next gen, Grand Theft Auto 5.

OH yeah and watch dogs was 49.99 for last gen and 59.99 for ps4/xb1.

I really was hoping for a 25$ pro controller for the wii U :(

This was the Sherwood Park Target and the millwoods town center target in the edmonton area. The millwoods town center store had the 100$ 3ds xl blue but it was sold out.

So far I only grabbed Wonderful 101 finally but I may use my 5$ coupon on a copy of ps4 need for speed. Anyone in the edmonton area checked the other targets out ? There are 3 others - west edmonton mall, bonnie doon mall and another one out in saint albert. I can't imagine things will be too different but who knows right ?

Ondore

Question that will probably get me shot: Are those $5 off gaming coupons at Target stackable?

I could see this turning very badly very quickly if they do.

Gxgear

Deal alert:

That terribly expensive, but amazingly well stocked A to Z video game store in Vancouver (probably?) burned down because the building next to it was crazy on fire last night. Maybe some lightly toasted FF3 carts in the debris?

Dang, I saw that on the news this morning.

Yasumi

Banned
Just called the closest Target about the WiiU thing, and they said that the price was still $299.99. Is the sale not happening everywhere?

Luigi87

Just called the closest Target about the WiiU thing, and they said that the price was still $299.99. Is the sale not happening everywhere?

In Central Ontario at least, only two stores were reported of having the Nintendoland Bundle Wii U scan at 50% off. As such stores were told to treat it as a pricing error and not honour the deal if people checked (since it is not ticketed).

i-Jest

So the Target clearance deal is now right? Damn, was gonna head over to my local Target soon too.

EDIT:

Just called my Target (Stockyards Toronto). They had MK8 on sale but it's sold out :( Oh well, I got a FS giftcard I can use with FS or BB. Also got myself Kirby's Dream Collection today so I still came out a winner :)

Seik

Banned
I am fucking speechless. This is ridiculous.

Jr8pST8.png

Seriously, I can't believe this shit is blocking me. I'm...wow.

I need to contact my deputy or something, I just....WOW!!!!

EDIT: This is FutureShop btw.

i-Jest

Jr8pST8.png

There has got to be away around that bullshit. Canuck GAF, please assist our fellow GAF in need. Also, Quebec really needs to amend its shipping policies. Is this a by-product of siege mentality or something?

Lothars

I stopped at target and they had ryse on sale but both the xone controller and wii pro pad were not on sale. This is in Saskatchewan by the way.

The only thing I saw at the Target I went to in Hamilton was the wireless Xbone controller with gift card. Good deal but useless for PC gaming.

That said they did have Need for Speed Most Wanted for Wii U for $20 and buy one get one half off, which would have been worth the trip if I didn't get the game last year. Just FYI, all.

What do you mean? They did just release the drivers for the PC.

Tagg9

Jr8pST8.png

Wow.

Out of curiosity, what game is this?

Seik

Banned
Wow.

Out of curiosity, what game is this?

I'm actually relieved a bit, I just removed Diablo 3 and it was OK.

At first I was removing all the games except D3 (because iirc it actually has a french option) at that warning was still there.

But now I can still pre-order Hyrule Warriors, X, The Last of Us and FFXV without problem, thank god.

Still, that's a terrible, terrible policy. I will do this order right now because I fear more may get blocked in the future as we get more infos.

Sounds like I won't buy D3 at launch though, 69,99$ for it is WAY too much.

Jr8pST8.png

There has got to be away around that bullshit. Canuck GAF, please assist our fellow GAF in need. Also, Quebec really needs to amend its shipping policies. Is this a by-product of siege mentality or something?

There is and this was posted couple of pages ago.

Basically add everything you want to the cart. Make sure your credit card information is preloaded. When you hit checkout and sign in, it takes to the page where you see address and all...

Now, pick the address you want, ignore the "can't ship bullshit". Now go to your credit card and hit "edit card information", now all you do is enter the 3 digit code on the back of your card and hit confirm.

It will automatically load you to confirmation page. I just placed an order for 21 games to Montreal through Best Buy and it worked for me.

iphys

The Shoppers I work at had the Black NSMB Wii (not U) for clearance at 89.99. Not sure if its just a sale or not bit YMMV.

They put them all on clearance like a year and half ago I think. It's a miracle they still have one in stock, as the Mini pales in comparison, and real Wii systems basically disappeared overnight. You could probably sell it on eBay for a profit.

Lexxism

Yeah, but you can't use the $50 toward taxes, so if the controller is $45, you'll have to pick up another $5 of stuff to avoid missing out on the rest of your $50 redemption value. Their awesome Nativa natural flavour popcorn was on sale 2 boxes for $5 when I was there: highly recommend it.

Thanks! Bought the Pro Controller for 44.99 and two popcorn you recommended. Hopefully I'll enjoy the popcorn :D

There is and this was posted couple of pages ago.

Basically add everything you want to the cart. Make sure your credit card information is preloaded. When you hit checkout and sign in, it takes to the page where you see address and all...

Now, pick the address you want, ignore the "can't ship bullshit". Now go to your credit card and hit "edit card information", now all you do is enter the 3 digit code on the back of your card and hit confirm.

It will automatically load you to confirmation page. I just placed an order for 21 games to Montreal through Best Buy and it worked for me.

They won't find it odd they're scheduled to be shipping to Quebec?

IndustryX

Anyone know if Uncharted 4 will become part of the E3 preorder deal?

So far I have

NHL 15
Witcher 3
Order 1886
Batman Arkham Knight
Far Cry 4

Would really like to get Uncharted on the same order to save myself the $20..

Top Bottom