• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Luigi87

Was Target clearing out the Deluxe Set WiiUs because they're no longer going to carry them? Anyone know?

It isn't really known. It's possible they were just doing that for the Nintendoland bundles, but as it is now the company is treating it like a price glitch and not honouring said discount (it was never ticketed).

krae_man

If anyone in Toronto finds godly prices on Vita cards (like the $2.88 above), would you be able to buy them for me and I can pay you back if possible?

I've been wanting to get a bigger card, but if I can get a couple of 8GB cards or so for that cheap, that'd be much nicer at least in price.

Though yeah I'd prefer a 64GB card so EVERYTHING is in one. Like hell I'd find that 1. in a store and 2. for any decent price.

I always get a kick out of your posts in this thread

"Anyone know where I can get a $1000 item for $100?"

"Anyone want to sell me X for 1/4 what it's worth? PM me"

Seriously, your requests are crazy 90% of the time.

Jinto

Wait, PS4 controllers are on sale? Is it one of those deals that might or might not be at my local store, or is it a "normal" sale?

Yep. The sale price wasn't displayed. I didn't realize it either until I saw the girl in front of me buy 2 of them. When he scanned it, it was showing $64.99, but he hit something and I got $20 off. Not sure if it was every store though.

Zing

Banned
Amazon never gets things delivered day one, even for people in the GTA. Plus it's a hassle to return so I'd rather go Future Shop or Best Buy
I'm the one usually complaining about amazon, but they had Mario Kart 8 in my hands on release day.

i-Jest

If anyone in Toronto finds godly prices on Vita cards (like the $2.88 above), would you be able to buy them for me and I can pay you back if possible?

I've been wanting to get a bigger card, but if I can get a couple of 8GB cards or so for that cheap, that'd be much nicer at least in price.

Though yeah I'd prefer a 64GB card so EVERYTHING is in one. Like hell I'd find that 1. in a store and 2. for any decent price.

Well as far online pricing goes this is as low as it gets for the 64GB model: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/playstation-vita-japan/5889-sony-playstation-vita-memory-card-64gb.html

Does ANYONE know where I might be able to find a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii that doesn't have me paying out the ass?

Bought mine on boxing day when Gamestop had a reprint, UPS handling fees be damn. I'll keep an eye out. Where are you in Canada if you don't mind me asking?

Vibranium

Banned
Hey guys, what's the deal with VideoGamesPlus now having the expensive "Canadian version" and the cheaper "U.S. version" for their pre-order games? They aren't going to run out of $59.99 games are they?

Maybe it's for exclusive preorder bonuses...

Hey guys, what's the deal with VideoGamesPlus now having the expensive "Canadian version" and the cheaper "U.S. version" for their pre-order games? They aren't going to run out of $59.99 games are they?

Which games elate you talking about?

jzbluz

Isn't that because of the exchange rate? Like $59.99CDN is $55.32USD.

Lexxism

Speaking of VGP, they now have the coloured Vita's and the 64GB mmc but pretty expensive.

edit: Amazon.ca is doing the 30% thing too. I think they have the best promo than BB because the price isn't 69.99. Some are 49.99 and 59.99!!

cpYFSmf.png

That's 118.26 before taxes. That's $39.42 per game!!!! At least with what I ordered.

edit2: Still hoping they will update the WiiU's list.

edit3: Amazon Pre-order

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ugh, I don't think the Scarborough Town Centre EB Games got their $399 Xbox One stock in. Now I'm stuck waiting since I already paid it off. :(

rinse82

Hmm Amazon deal is tempting but what are people's experiences with their shipping on new releases? I know the dates they provide are estimates but if I'm going to get the game 2-3-4+ days after release I'd rather pay a little extra and keep my preorder with BB. Also, return process is easier with BB/FS.

Speaking of VGP, they now have the coloured Vita's and the 64GB mmc but pretty expensive.

edit: Amazon.ca is doing the 30% thing too. I think they have the best promo than BB because the price isn't 69.99. Some are 49.99 and 59.99!!

That's 118.26 before taxes. That's $39.42 per game!!!! At least with what I ordered.

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER. See you later, shitlords FS/BB!

EDIT: and oh jesus look at all the games Amazon.ca has. ATELIER RORONA PLUS is friggin' eligible (though I probably won't order anyways, VGP isn't much more expensive and Amazon has never once been able to ship within the week of release on Atelier titles). Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is on the list. WHAT ELSE CAN I PRE-ORDER OH GOD.

Hmm Amazon deal is tempting but what are people's experiences with their shipping on new releases? I know the dates they provide are estimates but if I'm going to get the game 2-3-4+ days after release I'd rather pay a little extra and keep my preorder with BB. Also, return process is easier with BB/FS.

Welp, Amazon wins this year. My pre-order will be made tomorrow.

Yeah I will probably replace my order through Amazon this year. The problem is that their shipping sucks. Thy dint start shipping up until the release date.

MDSLKTR

I always get a kick out of your posts in this thread

"Anyone know where I can get a $1000 item for $100?"

"Anyone want to sell me X for 1/4 what it's worth? PM me"

Seriously, your requests are crazy 90% of the time.
I think one time he asked if someone wanted to trade a brand new psp for his scratched one lol

tkalamba

Haven't gone yet, but they didn't call over the weekend to inform me that my pre order would be available for pick up on Monday, which they always do so that's a bad sign. I hope I'm just being pessimistic.

I've been missed before for the call lists. I'd call before you head anywhere to be sure.

explodet

Yeah, Amazon had to do something, they were probably seeing their game preorders cancelled left and right because of the E3 FS/BB promotion.

EDIT: Cripes, Destiny is getting cheaper and cheaper.

Fularu

Banned
I'm just waiting for the proper prices/images before ordering the rest of my stuff through Amazon.

But so far they are much cheaper! I may even order a PS4 game or two!

Yasumi

Banned

Nice! Grabbed P4AU, Dangan Ronpa 2, and XBlaze. Think I'll still wait a little, just in case Persona Q shows up.

suikodan

I did compare Amazon's prices compared to BestBuy. Of course I save more with Amazon except that I wonder if they ship games one by one or if they ship them all together?

My order email reads: "Shipping Details : order will arrive in one shipment "

Also, they don't seem to take orders on placeholders (yet). I tried changing my pre-orders but they don't have Hyrule Warriors for instance...

Just ordered 5 games off Amazon because they have the deal now-

Got
-Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition: $79.99
-Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: $59.49
-The Order 1886----------------------------: $59.49
-Destiny---------------------------------------: $49.96
-Evolve----------------------------------------: $49.96

with taxes my total came to----------------: $236.41

so I'm getting $47.28 per game. aww yiss

FluxWaveZ

Amazon never gets things delivered day one, even for people in the GTA. Plus it's a hassle to return so I'd rather go Future Shop or Best Buy

Man, I'd like to go with Amazon for this because they have a better selection, but it's not getting a game on release day that I'm wary of. Might just have to wait for BB or FS to increase their selection during E3. How long does the 30% off Amazon deal last?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Is the price shown before or after the discount?

Edit: answered above thanks.

Also, I quickly scrolled through on mobile, did anyone see X for Wii U available? May cancel my FS order if it is and it's cheaper.

Lexxism

^ No "X" or "SMTvsFE" yet at Amazon.

How does the Amazon deal work?

Is it 3 to a basket gets you 30% off each?

Yup, that's correct. And the good thing about this is that most of games don't have the $5 or $10 increase. That's what it makes better than BB.

My order for CoD Advanced Warfare, Ass Creed Unity and NHL 15 is $20 cheaper on Amazon. That's with standard (paid) shipping as well.

This is too good to pass up.

Oh God Amazon... What are you doing to my wallet?!

Destiny, Last of Us, and Phantom Pain for $133.62 with taxes?!?!

Yep, just done that... And now I'm looking for more titles...

Top Bottom