• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Amazon.ca has Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition on the 30% off. FS/BB don't have that and it includes a bunch of cool stuff.

EDIT: Amazon says 15% at the checkout, did they fix this already?

Amazon.ca has Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition on the 30% off. FS/BB don't have that and it includes a bunch of cool stuff.

when i did my order, with DAI Deluxe included I still got the 30% promotion on the total order.

thank you based amazon.

For the 18 games I'm looking, I'm getting them for $937 with tax included, free shipping to Quebec.

It also includes the order of Dragon Age Deluxe which is $80 retail price.

Overall, it is coming to $49 a piece. Still few bucks more than the regular E3 deals we used to have until last year but probably the best deal I can find right now.

rinse82

Uhmm Kinect-less Xbox One is discounted 30% off when I include it in my cart at amazon.ca

Just put the order through - probably wont be honoured but you never know.

EDIT: late by a few posts.

Nope. Sticking with BB on pre-orders. Even though I have Prime and use Amazon regularly, I don't want the hassle of worrying about delivery times and returns as BB and FS are reliable for both. I can easily see Amazon borking quite a few release day shipments the way they did which the consoles last year. Not worth a few dollars saved for me.

Still glad to see more retailers hopping onto this trend though.

Nope. Sticking with BB on pre-orders. Even though I have Prime and use Amazon regularly, I don't want the hassle of worrying about delivery times and returns as BB and FS are reliable for both. I can easily see Amazon borking quite a few release day shipments the way they did which the consoles last year. Not worth a few dollars saved for me.

The deal is good and I have ordered a few games but I'm definitely not cancelling my Best Buy orders just yet.

I will mull it over. If Bayonetta comes out this summer I will use that as a test to see how Amazon does with their free shipping.

FluxWaveZ

Conflicted. Do people have that much problem getting games/consoles on day 1 with Amazon.ca, even with priority shipping?

Got an Xbox One, at least. Choice of games will depend on whether or not I think I can get them on release day.

Huh, Akiba's Trip is not part of the deal.

Yeah I just noticed as well. However Neptunia Rebirth, Disgaea 4 R and Persona Arena Ultimax are a part of the deal! I'm waiting for an updated release list though. I'm not outright cancelling my Best Buy order right now, but I'm gonna hold on to my current Amazon one as well just incase.

On my end it looks like they applied the 15% off thing twice. So 30% then I guess.

L7MY4CN.png

Still waiting on an updated pre-order list later tomorrow, but I'm not even sure how fast Amazon.ca are gonna be at that.

This is EXACTLY what I'm worried about as well. I'm placing the Amazon pre-orders anyway just incase, but I'm not a fan of the fact that they take for fucking ever to get here. All my pre-orders with them somehow always come in late. Bravely Default and Demon Gaze for me somehow came a day late, and Blazblue CP LE came in a week late.

Actually I somehow don't think Best Buy are gonna put up some of the Vita games in time. So I guess I can use Amazon for the ones I can't find on Best Buy. I at least like how I can cancel individual games in the order.

Lexxism

The deal is good and I have ordered a few games but I'm definitely not cancelling my Best Buy orders just yet.

I will mull it over. If Bayonetta comes out this summer I will use that as a test to see how Amazon does with their free shipping.

I wonder if you can do the swap thing with BB and Amazon. I think all games have the same SKU. I'll probably try that with Smash Bros.

I won't be charged full price if I order an Xbox One and they change the price right?

I think today is the release date of kinect-less. I read @ RFD, his order for XB1 is preparing for shipment already

So $315 for the Xbox One is pretty great. I think I'll let this order go through. And I can just cancel the preorder of the two games after my One has shipped.

explodet

Damn it, I still can't justify an Xbone.
Curse my frugality.

Good to know it's working for those who do want one, 30% off is a hell of a deal.
Now for your Phase 2: Find a cheap year of XBL.

Go to Amazon.ca and pre order 2 games and an xbox1. They are running a promo where you can get 30% off on 3 preorder items and I think due to a mistake they have listed xbox 1 without kinect in the promo.

Oh man that's crazy good. Damn it I wish I could capitalize on it but right now isn't a good time for me financially to go off and buy another system. Hell, I still need to make some room for it since the XBone is pretty big. I hope Amazon follows through and honours the orders.

Top Bottom