• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I think the X1 deserves a new thread, considering it is Amazon.

EDIT: Can't anymore, fixed already. So to all those who already placed the order, might be honored.

LkPr

How'd you pull that off? Should I be ordering from amazon instead?

Amazon has the same pre-order 3 games recieve 30% off deal but all of their games are regularly priced at 59.99 instead of 69.99...

So for i got NHL15, TLoU and Dying Light - that order saved me $26 I believe between BB and Amazon.

Amazon has the same pre-order 3 games recieve 30% off deal but all of their games are regularly priced at 59.99 instead of 69.99...

So for i got NHL15, TLoU and Dying Light - that order saved me $26 I believe between BB and Amazon.
Hmm, okay that sounds good

Does anyone know if Advance Warfare will have that same next gen discount thing as Ghosts from last year?

I have no issues ordering from amazon instead since being in the middle of canada, BB and FS rarely get me games by release day anyway.

Hmm, okay that sounds good

Does anyone know if Advance Warfare will have that same next gen discount thing as Ghosts from last year?

Funny you mention that cause it'll probably be announced... About 2 hours from now at Microsoft's press conference.

I would switch my BB order to Amazon but I'm not sure if I'll get my games on release date.

That's one of the things to take out of this. I personally have never had Amazon deliver a game to me early. It's always late somehow and I live in the middle of the City of Toronto area of the GTA. It's definitly cheaper to go on Amazon and you save about... 5-6 dollars I think cause Amazon also dropped the overall price of their games to $59.99. So basically if you pre-order a $59.99 game on Amazon and get the 30% deal, you get it for I think around 42-43, whereas on Best Buy it would be around 48-49 since their stuff is stuck at the bullshit $69.99 price because ECONOMICS I guess.

Also I can check the individual game prices on Best Buy and their shipping times are all separate. For whatever reason on Amazon I can't check the individual prices with the discount from my order page, and it sort of just lobbed all the games together.

Cudder

Didn't expect Amazon to have a deal like this this year. I'll probably order through them this year. That's a pretty nice chunk of change I can save by using them over FS/BB.

khaaan

Missed out on Xbone deal but I'm okay with it. This Amazon deal is amazing though, they have a larger selection of games too! Can't wait for more announcements.

mdubs

Banned
Heads up people a few games aren't included in the promotion as of now.

Akiba's Trip PS Vita
Quantum Break
Final Fantasy XV Xbox One

suikodan

Find it funny as well to see the 279$ XBone "Preparing for Shipment" on my Amazon order page.

Anyone know if BestBuy sells Amazon gift cards? ;)

I type in "Hyr" into Amazon search and the first result is Hyrule Warriors, yet they don't even have it. Are they going to update their games list? How many games pre order? Is there an easy way to search for pre order games? Sorry for all the questions.

LMN

Really Amazing offer from Amazon, right now I got 6 games in the cart, hoping more title will be add during E3. Does anybody know how long is the offer? Since both FS/BB is from June 9 to 12, I would assume the same, but just want to make sure.

frequency

I don't understand the Amazon deal. I added 4 games but it's only giving me 15%. Do they have to be a certain price point to get 30%?

I type in "Hyr" into Amazon search and the first result is Hyrule Warriors, yet they don't even have it. Are they going to update their games list? How many games pre order? Is there an easy way to search for pre order games? Sorry for all the questions.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00KLETXA8/

Heads up people a few games aren't included in the promotion as of now.

Akiba's Trip PS Vita
Quantum Break
Final Fantasy XV Xbox One

To add to this, I can't find Final Fantasy XV on PS4 for whatever reason. But both Kingdom Hearts 3 and FFXV are part of BB/FS 30% off deal right now. However they're both priced at $69.99. It looks like BB/FS have the bigger name titles, but Amazon has a lot of the smaller niche ones (Disgaea 4 R, Persona Ultimax, Neptunia Rebirth).

Nope. Sticking with BB on pre-orders. Even though I have Prime and use Amazon regularly, I don't want the hassle of worrying about delivery times and returns as BB and FS are reliable for both. I can easily see Amazon borking quite a few release day shipments the way they did which the consoles last year. Not worth a few dollars saved for me.

Still glad to see more retailers hopping onto this trend though.

Agreed. Those are fantastic deals from Amazon, but the ability to easily return the games if they get crapped on in reviews on the day of release is worth $10 to me. I'd rather pay $10 more for a great game, than save $10 with no ability to return it if its getting reviews in the 60s.
Good job Amazon, maybe with great luck BB/FS will respond this week. And we can all cancel and re-preorder again!

Lexxism

I don't understand the Amazon deal. I added 4 games but it's only giving me 15%. Do they have to be a certain price point to get 30%?

It's already applied. Check the order summary and you will see these two.

Extra 15% applied (it will only show up if you order 3 or more)
Promotion applied (2 and below)

Cudder

Agreed. Those are fantastic deals from Amazon, but the ability to easily return the games if they get crapped on in reviews on the day of release is worth $10 to me. I'd rather pay $10 more for a great game, than save $10 with no ability to return it if its getting reviews in the 60s.
Good job Amazon, maybe with great luck BB/FS will respond this week. And we can all cancel and re-preorder again!
What do you mean no way to return it? Taking a trip to the post office takes the same amount of effort as taking a trip to BB/FS.

ohlawd

well uh so much for switching orders

can you guys post some games that'll save you money compared to BB/FS. I went through my entire list and most of these savings are the same as the competitors'.

Lexxism

well uh so much for switching orders

can you guys post some games that'll save you money compared to BB/FS. I went through my entire list and most of these savings are the same as the competitors'.

After looking at it. I will definitely save a lot money on amazon pre-order than BB. I save $21 before taxes.

Amazon

9WwF7bY.png

BB:

0razuAD.png

here's an example of what I did.

That is weird. I searched while in the Wii U category so it must be categorized elsewhere. Why is this game $65 but most others are $60...

It is listed in Wii pre-orders.

When you go to through checkout and select your credit card, before you hit confirm on the final page, it shows you there are two discounts applied on the order.

Like this

Yeah I just noticed as well. However Neptunia Rebirth, Disgaea 4 R and Persona Arena Ultimax are a part of the deal! I'm waiting for an updated release list though. I'm not outright cancelling my Best Buy order right now, but I'm gonna hold on to my current Amazon one as well just incase.

On my end it looks like they applied the 15% off thing twice. So 30% then I guess.

L7MY4CN.png

Still waiting on an updated pre-order list later tomorrow, but I'm not even sure how fast Amazon.ca are gonna be at that.

This is EXACTLY what I'm worried about as well. I'm placing the Amazon pre-orders anyway just incase, but I'm not a fan of the fact that they take for fucking ever to get here. All my pre-orders with them somehow always come in late. Bravely Default and Demon Gaze for me somehow came a day late, and Blazblue CP LE came in a week late.

Actually I somehow don't think Best Buy are gonna put up some of the Vita games in time. So I guess I can use Amazon for the ones I can't find on Best Buy. I at least like how I can cancel individual games in the order.

J-Man

I was planning on placing an order or two at Futureshop, but looks like I'll go with Amazon instead. Worried about the shipping speed, but I'd prefer the extra saving anyways. Futureshop usually gets it to me by Wed or Thurs, so we'll see how Amazon will do. Plus, Dragon Age: Inquisition deluxe edition doesn't work with the deal at Futureshop.

First order: Dragon Age Deluxe, NHL 15 & Shadows of Mordor.

Last year I placed 6 orders of 3. I've had 9 games ship, 3 games cancelled, and still have 6 games to come (MGSV, FFXV, The Order, Witcher 3, Mad Max & The Last Guardian), so I won't have to place as many orders this year. Hoping for a few unannounced games I want to be added,

SirKhalid

After looking at it. I will definitely save a lot money on amazon pre-order than BB. I save $21 before taxes.

Still waiting for more WiiU's games.

Oh, it's only on the final page that it show up. I had the Xbox One in my cart but I didn't see the discount. I thought it was not working and waste too much time because of that.

khaaan

I believe there are two instances of 15% off applied once you're on the final screen of the checkout.

WjsOqqO.png

That's my Futureshop (Top) and Amazon (Bottom) order for Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2, and Tales Of Xillia 2.

Edit: Whaaaaat, I don't need to create separate orders of 3 to get the most out of the deal? I'll probably end up cancelling this one once E3 is in full force and pre-order a "master" order.

Lexxism

trixx

isn't future shop deal better than best buy? Considering the only time you will save more than 20 is on a $69.99 purchase?
Amazon is better but i don't know about returns and shipping

Top Bottom