• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

TimeKillr

Oh god FS/BB must be soooooo incredibly pissed off right now.

A lot of the Amazon.ca prices are lower than retail (Destiny, for example) so they're essentially just mooching off *ALL* the FS/BB customers.

It's ridiculous :)

I just pre-ordered 10 games off Amazon -

The Order
Assassin's Creed Unity PS4
MGSV PS4
Shadow of Mordor PS4
Destiny PS4
Natural Doctrine PS4
USF4
Disgaea 4 Vita
Persona 4 Ultimax PS3
Arkham Knight PS4

This is ridiculous. I have at least 3 other games I want to get off this, but I'll wait until the last few days of the sale so I can put them up with more stuff. It's CRAZY. I'm just disappointed that stuff like Persona Q and Persona 5 aren't on Amazon.ca yet. :(

Sealtest

How is amazon now with release date delivery? Also was just told choosin free shipping will not send them out seperatly. You must pay standard for that.

I placed an order for these. I think I haven't gotten a discount for one of the games, trying to find out which one it is.

Or is it that the number of order has to be multiples of 3?

X1
Lords Of The Fallen
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Final Fantasy XV

PS4
The Crew
Evolve
Mad Max
Batman Arkham Knight
Far Cry 4
NBA 2K15
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe
Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor
Alien Isolation
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
MGS V: Phantom Pain
Assassins Creed Unity
The Last Of Us Remastered
Dying Light
Destiny

Anteros

Neo Member
Man, it's definitely gamer Christmas.

I'm going to be switching all of my pre-orders from Bestbuy to Amazon today. I don't really care about getting the games on day one anymore for the most parts so a few days delay doesn't bother me too much.

mamoui

Heads up people a few games aren't included in the promotion as of now.

Akiba's Trip PS Vita
Quantum Break
Final Fantasy XV Xbox One

I placed an order for these. I think I haven't gotten a discount for one of the games, trying to find out which one it is.

Or is it that the number of order has to be multiples of 3?

X1
Lords Of The Fallen
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Final Fantasy XV

PS4
The Crew
Evolve
Mad Max
Batman Arkham Knight
Far Cry 4
NBA 2K15
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe
Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor
Alien Isolation
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
MGS V: Phantom Pain
Assassins Creed Unity
The Last Of Us Remastered
Dying Light
Destiny

Ffxv probably

Chatin

I'd consider Amazon if they didn't ship by UPS. Means a trip to the store the day after they try to deliver each package to my apartment complex.

Anony

okkkaayyy, i'm doing some preorders then
never pre-order anything from amazon before
how does canceling preorders work? fs/bb lets you cancel individual preorders within the same batch
so I can still cancel my e3 preorders from last year that are still pending.
is this possible with amazon?
i have 3 preorders right now, can i add on to the current, or will i need to do a new order as games gets announced

I'd consider Amazon if they didn't ship by UPS. Means a trip to the store the day after they try to deliver each package to my apartment complex.

Are you not home when they deliver? I live in an apartment as well. When Amazon eventually DO get my order here, they just shove it in my small mailbox. I only ever have to go pick up my orders in person when it's a big order, like Blazblue CP LE

ElNino

Anyone can confirm that? I don't want to wait until the last game comes out to receive everything :p
They won't let you select the option to split the order into separate shipments with free shipping, but my current order with 4 games is listed as having 4 shipments with the free option... so I think I'm ok. Granted, Amazon is a bit slower at shipping out games for release day in my experience, but the days or worrying about playing on release day are long gone for me.

frequency

It's already applied. Check the order summary and you will see these two.

Extra 15% applied (it will only show up if you order 3 or more)
Promotion applied (2 and below)

When you go to through checkout and select your credit card, before you hit confirm on the final page, it shows you there are two discounts applied on the order.

Like this

Ah thank you both. That is confusing...

I'm not going to switch much. Only if it's significantly cheaper (like Tales of Xilla 2) because Amazon shipping is TERRIBLE. They hold things for days (sometimes not until a week or more after release) before shipping to me every time.

Best Buy/Future Shop at least try to ship early sometimes.

Sealtest

They won't let you select the option to split the order into separate shipments with free shipping, but my current order with 4 games is listed as having 4 shipments with the free option... so I think I'm ok. Granted, Amazon is a bit slower at shipping out games for release day in my experience, but the days or worrying about playing on release day are long gone for me.

Chatted with someone and he promises that it's still going to be shipped in 1 order. I guess further investigation will be needed.

How is amazon now with release date delivery? Also was just told choosin free shipping will not send them out seperatly. You must pay standard for that.

when i ordered Watch Dogs I got it the very next day after release (even though it had said expected delivery was 2 weeks).

also, i got the same notice that i have to select "deliver in as few shipments as possible" or something if i want free shipping. But it still seems like the game will ship at their respective times, since my list shows 3 ordered games with different expected delivery dates (which are near their release), and 2 that are bundled/will ship together (which don't have solid release dates yet and are slated for next year).

Anyone can confirm that? I don't want to wait until the last game comes out to receive everything :p

Seriously?! Need confirmation!

I have different delivery estimates for different games even though I have free shipping. So I hope it isn't true.

PC games are an especially good deal on Amazon. Stuff like and Witcher 3 and Civ: Beyond Earth are 42$ starting on there. Throw in the deal and its then its just 30 bucks each.

I'm actually happy Amazon is joining the party this year. I have Prime and they don't use Canada Post, who seem to lose my parcels half the time.

Hey guys - for Amazon...I can cancel individual items from an order right? Say game A and B ship, but I decide against wanting C...

So far good deals, works out to be about $48 a game with "ship them as they release" shipping

mamoui

Chatted with someone and he promises that it's still going to be shipped in 1 order. I guess further investigation will be needed.

From my personal experience. When i buy something not available or not out yet and add a little something to go avive 25$ for free shipping they ship it in two order anyway.

I'm suppose to receive killer is dead today, but i have my screwdrivers for weeks now!

Plus: each game is more than 25$. It should be free anyway

Anony

nZGqy47.png

and it has begun

i need to cancel my fs smash 3ds preorder i think, pretty sure this is cheaper, but i cant login to my fs account because i forgot the password, and it's not sending me a temp password for some reason

here's what my order list looks like right now:

BWtyuLO.png

the ship dates are different (so its not all one shipment). also, i know the delivery estimates are like a week or two off from actual release dates of the game, but the same thing happened when i ordered watch dogs but i got it the next day after release.

entire order? eek I don't want that

Yeah I saw that and got worried. It looks like you can't even change it if you apply for free shipping. If you choose standard shipping though there's the option to ship the items as soon as they become available at an "extra postage cost", whatever that means

Fuck yes, cancelling my Best Buy order as soon as I get home and shopping with Amazon. It's about $1200 in games, glad to do it with Amazon.

here's what my order list looks like right now:

BWtyuLO.png

the ship dates are different. also, i know the delivery estimates are like a week or two off from actual release dates of the game, but the same thing happened when i ordered watch dogs but i got it the next day after release.

This is what mine looks like too.

suikodan

279$ XBone order status changed from "Preparing for shipment" to "Shipping now"

Still can't see what amount actually got charged on my CC. Anyone?

Xbox One
NHL 15
Far Cry 4
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
Ass Creed Unity
CoD
Battlefield
Alien
Shadows of Mordor
Halo 5
Arkham Knight

PS4
The Order
Phantom Pain

3DS and Wii U
Smash Bros

...and if any megatons get unveiled I'm sure I'll be ordering more

Banned
Noooooo missed out on the X1 error! Still, amazon doing the 30% off promotion with prices at 59.99 is already a steal and better then BB/FS

Chatin

Are you not home when they deliver? I live in an apartment as well. When Amazon eventually DO get my order here, they just shove it in my small mailbox. I only ever have to go pick up my orders in person when it's a big order, like Blazblue CP LE
UPS doesn't have access to our mailboxes, so if we aren't at home to receive then we get the slip. Canada Post is able to leave everything in my mailbox unless it's something too large. Makes FS the better option.

zroid

Banned
I pre-ordered a few games at Amazon which I already have from FS or BB, because they were cheaper. Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Smash Bros. 3DS are a great deal at Amazon.

Probably going to keep the FS/BB pre-orders for everything though, because I don't trust Amazon to get me my games on day 1. Will do a swap return if necessary.

lol, i'd like to see a screen shot of both orders, see what monster savings you'll get

Mine came to this

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 1,118.50
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: - CDN$ 158.78
Extra 15% applied: - CDN$ 158.78
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 800.94
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 40.02
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 79.96
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 920.92

Sooooo I just put 26 games on preorder on amazon.

I just put everything I'm interested in on preorder, some are going to get canceled.

Anyway, my question is: I'm moving to Toronto at the end of August. I know Futureshop is a huge pain about changing the mailing address on preordered items (sending to the original address, etc.) Is Amazon better about that? Because I'll need to do that. I'll also have to change my Credit Card number at some point this year too due to expiration.

kitzkozan

C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBOBREAKER. See you later, shitlords FS/BB!

EDIT: and oh jesus look at all the games Amazon.ca has. ATELIER RORONA PLUS is friggin' eligible (though I probably won't order anyways, VGP isn't much more expensive and Amazon has never once been able to ship within the week of release on Atelier titles). Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is on the list. WHAT ELSE CAN I PRE-ORDER OH GOD.

Curiously, FF XV isn't available on the PS4 and it is for the Xbox one. XD In fact, the selection is rather mediocre for the time being. XD No X (Wii U), no Kingdom Heart 2.5 or 3, etc.

I cancelled Last of Us from my BB pre-order, but keeping the rest for now.

Top Bottom