• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Architect

Neo Member
PC games are an especially good deal on Amazon. Stuff like and Witcher 3 and Civ: Beyond Earth are 42$ starting on there. Throw in the deal and its then its just 30 bucks each.

I'm actually happy Amazon is joining the party this year. I have Prime and they don't use Canada Post, who seem to lose my parcels half the time.

Quoting this for emphasis. PC game pre-orders on Amazon (at least Witcher 3 and Civ: Beyond Earth) are cheaper than on FS/BB.

Xbox One
NHL 15
Far Cry 4
Sunset Overdrive
Destiny
Ass Creed Unity
CoD
Battlefield
Alien
Shadows of Mordor
Halo 5
Arkham Knight

PS4
The Order
Phantom Pain

3DS and Wii U
Smash Bros

...and if any megatons get unveiled I'm sure I'll be ordering more

Can I ask why all the major multi platform titles on the X1, even with the fact that the resolutions and performance are inferior to the PS4 versions?

I'm just asking because, I was a 360 guy all last generation except for the PS3 exclusives, and this year I'm doing all my multi platforms on the PS4. I have tons of friends on Xbox Live but still trying to switch it up, but I'm debating with myself that I shouldn't, haha.

Fularu

Banned
If I order a bunch of games off Amazon using free shipping, they still ship them as they're released, right?

Yes, even if you select "Ship entire order when ready", they'll just ship the games as they come out.

Since I never cared for day 1 delivery, I'm going with them and free shipping. The only games I don't want to see shipped are D3 expansions and WoW expansions, I pick up the CEs at the store.

Returners

Alright to summarize.

If I order ONE huge order through amazon, can I cancel individual games and not have it affect the rest of the games as long as there's three games left?

EDIT: also, Amazon isn't actually cheaper than BB if the initial price is 69.99 right?

Alright to summarize.

If I order ONE huge order through amazon, can I cancel individual games and not have it affect the rest of the games as long as there's three games left?

I don't know about Amazon but you can't do that on futureshop or bestbuy, you have to cancel the whole order before any ship.

Can I ask why all the major multi platform titles on the X1, even with the fact that the resolutions and performance are inferior to the PS4 versions?

I'm just asking because, I was a 360 guy all last generation except for the PS3 exclusives, and this year I'm doing all my multi platforms on the PS4. I have tons of friends on Xbox Live but still trying to switch it up, but I'm debating with myself that I shouldn't, haha.

My group of friends and I are super competitive with achievements. I feel like if I'm not playing on the xbox, I'm not getting 'credit'. Those brilliant bastards and their meaningless gamerscore...

I've called Future Shop in the past and asked to cancel a particular game, Forza 5 for the Xbox One to be precise.

Interesting, thanks sweetvar I haven't tried to cancel one over the phone. Never really had to cancel one, I just know there is a cancel order button that disappears after they ship any part of the online order.

kitzkozan

Destiny just went up 2 $59.99 for ps4 on amazon. Luckily i got mine locked at $49.99

Yup, it's not the end of the world since it amount to $6 dollar more with the 30% off. :p It make sense since they probably didn't plan on matching the BB deal at first and only wanted to match Wal Mart.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Is it me or Amazon is no longer applying 30%?

My order always applies the 15% promotion but not the extra 15% as well.

My group of friends and I are super competitive with achievements. I feel like if I'm not playing on the xbox, I'm not getting 'credit'. Those brilliant bastards and their meaningless gamerscore...

Alright. I barely have any trophies the last generation but they are going up now. I used to care for all the gamerscore when I was at the University but just seem to have lost the interest and the competitiveness as time went by.

Barely have time to play games anymore, even though I buy most of them. So many unwrapped games sitting idle :(

DVCY201

Eh! Amazon.ca is doing their own deal? Aw, jeez. I prefer Amazon over BB and FS (much more lenient return policy). Hmm, I may swap over at the end of today's E3 then.

EDIT: How long is Amazon running the promo for?

Happy E3 everyone! Good luck!

frequency

Hmm, I'm only getting 15% still

Subtotal: CDN$ 192.71
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Extra 15% applied: -CDN$ 28.91
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 163.80

I'm not getting the "Promotion" line. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: I see others above me are encountering the same issue.

Seik

Banned
Holy shit that amazon deal is better! :D

Any reason not to go with them? I'm actually building one hell of an order.

EDIT: What?! They don't even have FFXV on ps4. D:

EDIT2: X isn't there either! DDD:

Go Amazon! Now I have to decide if I want to use those BB gift cards I have...

Also why is Smash Bros WiiU's publisher listed as Nicro? wtf?

Returners

-----

Me as well. What is happening? Perhaps an error on their part as well?

With 15% BB's the better deal.

-----

Pretty sure amazon realized they were doing an extra 15% and took it off....

Oh wait, they corrected it now?

Yes they just did in the last 5 minutes. I had 3 games with 30% off showing, I added a game and they all went to 15%... deleted the game I added but still only 15%. EDIT: Oddly it has made it so you only get 15% off some games (Evil within shows as 0% off + the 15%)... but 30% off some of the lower priced games (Civ Beyond Earth is 15 + 15%)

UberTag

Perhaps Amazon.ca will adjust their order system again at some point.
If not, well, hopefully they don't cancel the orders they processed already.

Seik

Banned
15% rebate on Amazon now...
Wow, their interns really screwed this up this Monday morning.

Wow, just saw this as well...

Whatever, I'll stay with FS, seems less of a clusterfuck.

Plus, even if some games seems to have the deal at the end I don't see any 15%, like Hyrule Warrior and Mortal Kombat X.

Tagg9

Guys, they're advertising 30%. Just give them time to correct things.

E3_Roto._V350234415_.gif

kitzkozan

Pretty sure amazon realized they were doing an extra 15% and took it off....

My order came in at $178.47, so 30% off is indeed 53.54 which is what I got with the 15% + extra 15%. If it's 30%, then only applying 15% is complete bullshit and their customer service will get hammered for it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Amazon deal is still working for me, but, I'm not getting the discount for The Division? Anybody else have that issue?

Top Bottom