• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

LkPr

It was deceiving earlier but I too did get 30% off... it only shows on 2 lines though...

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 178.47
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 26.77
Extra 15% applied: -CDN$ 26.77
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 124.93
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 16.23
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 141.16

Guys, they're advertising 30%. Just give them time to correct things.

E3_Roto._V350234415_.gif

I think they meant 30% off full price, not the already discounted prices (15%?)

It was deceiving earlier but I too did get 30% off... it only shows on 2 lines though...

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 178.47
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 26.77
Extra 15% applied: -CDN$ 26.77
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 124.93
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 16.23
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 141.16

Right, that's what it should be showing for everyone. I made about 4 orders, and it did this. Now it isn't showing that second line of discount. Probably just a bug, I'm sure it'll get fixed soon.

Returners

I have a feeling that the shown price is already 15% off.

And adding three of them to cart applies the extra 15%.

Hence 30% in total.

Well technically they have 1 discount on most games before the discount of about 15%, then at checkout it's another 15. But up until 10 mins ago it was 15% before + 30% @ checkout.

I've never gotten that discount, I did the math on each of my orders to make sure. If someone managed to snake 45% off, good for them.

Seik

Banned
There's plenty of games missing and others with which the sale just doesn't work on Amazon.

What a disorganized mess this is.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
What? Argh, why did I have to hesitate for a few minutes...

Even if they assume the base price is already "15% off" and they add another "15% off" at checkout, that's still false advertising and pretty misleading...

I've never gotten that discount, I did the math on each of my orders to make sure. If someone managed to snake 45% off, good for them.

No what i'm saying is that the listed price of $59.95 for some games is 15% off, then they were adding another 30% off.

Ie. if a game is $69.99, 30% off is $21 = $48.99 cost

The discount that they were doing (before the change) was 30% off $59.95 = $42 cost

It's not 45% off, but 30% off $59.95 was more like 40% off the retail price of $69.99, hence why it was showing up as less than Best Buy.

rinse82

How many interns are going to get the reamed out over $279 Xbox One's I wonder?

Totally not expecting to get my order but if I do...lol

zroid

Banned
ahhh I see what happened...

I didn't pick up on the fact that some games were lower than MSRP because they had taken the first 15% off already

Returners

At least Amazon corrected their mistakes quickly, unlike Lenovo. lol

Thank god I only cancelled 1 order on Bestbuy. I take solace in that I still get Rewards Zone points.

Sealtest

Ordered COD AW, Mordor,Batman and Destiny and paid the extra $5.99 for guaranteed release day delivery on each one. Really hope they honor the ones made before the correction.

frequency

3 games I want to order, Tales of Xillia 2 and Danganronpa 2 and Atelier Rorona Plus are not 15% off as the list price. So it's just 15% off at checkout. There is no 30%.

3 games I want to order, Tales of Xillia 2 and Danganronpa 2 and Atelier Rorona Plus are not 15% off as the list price. So it's just 15% off at checkout. There is no 30%.

Yeah, it's like that with a few. We just need to give Amazon some time to get their shit together. They aren't like FS, they won't run out of preorders, so no worries.

Although, now that I look at what Amazon is doing, this is now false advertising... they are not taking 30% off the retail price, they are taking 15% off, then 15% off the changed price...

So right now it's actually 27.2% off after the change they made...

Yasumi

Banned

15% off of $69.99 is ~$60. That's where the first 15% went. The rest of it is taken off when you go to the checkout.

ElNino

Good thing I got an order in earlier today then from Amazon. Only had four games in the order, but at least they gave 30% off of Skylanders as well since that game wasn't included in the FS/BB deals.

Anth0ny

Fuck what happened with Amazon? this thread is moving so fast lol

should I cancel Best buy pre-orders and move to Amazon?

frequency

15% off of $69.99 is ~$60. That's where the first 15% went. The rest of it is taken off when you go to the checkout.

Look at my games. I am not buying $69.99 games.
Saying 30% off compared to list prices of OTHER retailers is simply false advertising.

I am buying 59.99, 54.99 and 39.99 games. One of them is 8% off already.

Fuck what happened with Amazon? this thread is moving so fast lol

should I cancel Best buy pre-orders and move to Amazon?

Don't cancel anything yet just so that you can make sure they honor this and all.

I have both my Best Buy and Amazon pre-orders still in tact. It is easy to do a Best Buy return anyway, so nothing to lose.

30% of $69.99 is not the same as 15% off $59.49 so their ad is bullshit.

There is a $1.57 difference.

Ya they screwed up somewhere... originally it was 15% off, then 30% off at checkout (which is actually more like 40% off retail)... then they changed it and now it's 15% + 15% which is 27% off...

Top Bottom