• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Yeah, it's a bit shady for them to be doing this deal and not at any point communicate how they are actually taking the money off. It makes it look like they are just taking 15% off, and they just happen to be charging less.

Yeah, it's a bit shady for them to be doing this deal and not at any point communicate how they are actually taking the money off. It makes it look like they are just taking 15% off, and they just happen to be charging less.

Problem is they aren't take 30% off now. It's 15%, then 15% which = 27%

kitzkozan

If the game is 59.49 then a 15% discount would be applied off the 69.99 price indeed. The discount should be off the initial price, not the 59.49 one. Why would you already discount the game with a 15% before putting it in your cart? Do you see Best Buy / Future Shop applying a 15% rebate on the initial price on their website? If I look at my order, I got 30% off the marked price which is exactly what I expected and this is what everyone who got the bonus 15% expected as well. That's one hell of a sloppy mistake and I'm sure they will get heat from the red flag crowd lol. :p

Just keep the 69.99 price and slash it to 59.49 once it's in your cart to avoid frustration and confusion.

kitzkozan

No. 15% off of $69.99 is $59.49. 15% off of $59.49 at checkout is $50.57.

30% off of $69.99 is $46.67.

Yeah, it's a complete and utter mess right now. XD Ironically, 30% off 59.49 is 41.64 which is what I got on my order. I think head might be rolling because of this + the Xbox one for 279.99. :p

If the game is 59.49 then a 15% discount would be applied off the 69.99 price indeed. The discount should be off the initial price, not the 59.49 one. Why would you already discount the game with a 15% before putting it in your cart? Do you see Best Buy / Future Shop applying a 15% rebate on the initial price on their website? If I look at my order, I got 30% off the marked price which is exactly what I expected and this is what everyone who got the bonus 15% expected as well. That's one hell of a sloppy mistake and I'm sure they will get heat from the red flag crowd lol. :p

Just keep the 69.99 price and slash it to 59.49 once it's in your cart to avoid frustration and confusion.

Problem though is that's false advertising with how they are doing it because 15% + 15% is not = 30%, it's 27.2%.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just got an agent to apply the extra 15%, looks like they're doing it manually now?

Hmmm - you guys are right, 15% off and then another 15% off what was already discounted is not 30%. Sigh. Still ended up cheaper than Best Buy by 32 dollars, but I'll be watching for updates on this for sure.

kitzkozan

Problem though is that's false advertising with how they are doing it because 15% + 15% is not = 30%, it's 27.2%.

I think it's a complete screw-up as otherwise they will get a ton of heat from the red flag army. :^p I got 30% off on my pre-order which is exactly as advertised so everyone should get the same. :)

Just got an agent to apply the extra 15%, looks like they're doing it manually now?

Beats me... I processed a first order, and they took off the appropriate amount. On my second order, they did not. I had to chat with a CS rep, and they adjusted the order for me.

Final Fantasy XV, MGS: PP (Both XBone), and COD:AW (PS4) were $47.98 on my second order.

Try talking to a rep people...

frequency

So I spoke with Amazon...
The rep changed my order around and ran away. Quitting the chat before I could respond.

Here is how my order looks now:
Tales of Xillia 2: $22.20
Danganronpa 2: $39.99
Pokemon: $59.49
Atelier Rorona Plus: $33.99

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 155.67
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Extra 15% applied: -CDN$ 23.35
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 132.32
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 6.61
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 10.59
Gift Certificate Amount: -CDN$ 20.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 129.52

I don't even know what to do about this.

Yes my last post was a joke. #AmazonGate

Amazon probably automates their price-matching: if you add a FS/BB pre-order game to your cart right now, it's one game so it'll be discounted 15%. Therefore, Amazon adjusts the price of their pre-order to that price.

The good part is that this discounted price gets a further 30% off, but someone must have realized the total discount exceeds 30%. So they removed the discount while they figure it out.

Palehorse

I am chatting with a rep right now. He tried to give me shadows of mordor for $34 and left the other two games at their normal price, which would be $41 per game...but also a big hit on The Witcher 3 next year at full price.

I asked him to see about applying the 30% discount across all games and he's 'checking' right now.

Update: He's applied the extra 15% to all 3 games now. $50.56 for two and $42.46 for Destiny and then an extra 15% taken off the total.

Thanks Amazon!

Spoke to a rep, said it's a known issue that they are working on and if I make another order before they fix it just contact them to adjust again

5 game order, 40 dollars cheaper than Futureshop :eek:

Anony

didnt know it's was 15%, then 15% on top of that
thought it was just straight up 30%

so what was the error then, was it better before or after?

They've changed the language in the promo on the game pages:

Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles, including titles announced at E3 2014 Here's how (restrictions apply)

suikodan

Received this from Amazon for 279$ XBone...

Thank you for shopping with us. We thought you'd like to know that this portion of your gift was shipped separately to give you quicker service. You won't be charged any extra shipping fees, and the remainder of your order will follow as soon as those items become available. If you need to return an item from this shipment or manage other orders, please visit Your Orders on Amazon.ca.

Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, June 10, 2014
(Yay!)

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 399.00
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 59.84
Extra 15% applied: -CDN$ 59.84
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 13.97
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 27.86
Total: CDN$ 321.15

Yasumi

Banned
Hope all three sites start adding some new stuff soon now that E3's started. I want muh Persona Q, Freedom Wars, and Persona 4 DAN.

kaiyo

Chatted with them i got a
"I’m sorry that the extra 15% discount didn’t get applied on this order.
I’m sending your issue over to our Promotions Team and they’d definitely get back to you via e-mail within the next 1-2 business days.
I appreciate your patience while this issue is being actively worked upon.”"

=/

edit: if I dont get the additional 15% then im just going to cancel and keep/order more at bestbuy

jzbluz

Oh man, I decided to wait and now they changed it. Kicking myself for not buying Disgaea and Danganronpa, hopefully BB adds them but I doubt it.

parasight

Chatted with them i got a
"I’m sorry that the extra 15% discount didn’t get applied on this order.
I’m sending your issue over to our Promotions Team and they’d definitely get back to you via e-mail within the next 1-2 business days.
I appreciate your patience while this issue is being actively worked upon.”"

=/

Pretty much what I got too. Except the rep directed me to the updated language of Save 15% - up to 30%. So I just cancelled the order.

Top Bottom