• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So the Amazon deal is dead and they won't fix it? Meh...

kitzkozan

Chatted with them i got a
"I’m sorry that the extra 15% discount didn’t get applied on this order.
I’m sending your issue over to our Promotions Team and they’d definitely get back to you via e-mail within the next 1-2 business days.
I appreciate your patience while this issue is being actively worked upon.”"

=/

The deal is over since they reworded the promotion so that you get up to 30% off your pre-order. They probably gave an extra 30% to those who pre-ordered before X period of time to dodge a bullet (false advertising).

Good on them for honoring the price to those who were quick enough to order while they could. That's the difference between amazon and Lenovo. :^p An Xbox one for $280 is a steal of a price at this point in time.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone managed to get the discount applied to Persona 4 Ultimax or BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Vita? They don't show up with any discount to me. :(

kaiyo

The deal is over since they reworded the promotion so that you get up to 30% off your pre-order. They probably gave an extra 30% to those who pre-ordered before X period of time to dodge a bullet (false advertising).

Good on them for honoring the price to those who were quick enough to order while they could. That's the difference between amazon and Lenovo. :^p An Xbox one for $280 is a steal of a price at this point in time.

dam shouldnt have cancel my first order then, since i didnt get the extra off. then reordered after people said they chatted with someone and got it off. o well

well amazon isnt losing $x00 per order form this like Lenovo was

Lexxism

Did anyone print screen the promotion of 30% off?

cpYFSmf.png

L7MY4CN.png

UberTag

I'm just happy I was able to get an Amazon order in for LOU Remastered, Destiny and DriveClub at $41.64 each.
Congrats to everyone able to get in under the wire and bag some $279 Xbox Ones.

Ventara

Damn. I saw this this morning, but was running late so I decided to do it when I get back tonight. Looks like I missed out on some good deals.

I should still be able to make use of the 30% (15%?) off for some niche games FS/BB don't have.

Amazon discounts seem to be all over the place right now.

Guess I need to wait for them to get their shit together.

Edit: The deal changed?

Hmm. Glad I got those two orders in then.

espher

Well, I was going to queue up a ~$275 order for Amazon, but the network here went down, and when WAN access came back up again I see my cart (w/ the same items) is $335.

:/

Guess I'll just have to wait until E3 is done and see which of the sellers gives me the best deal... but I definitely won't be looking at the on-the-fence cases if I'm only looking at saving the tax, effectively.

So guys, my buddy's guest isn't coming for the Sony E3 event at Scotiabank Cineplex in Montreal. So, there is a spot open and I'm not sure if someone can tag along but I just want to let you guys know.

PM me if anything, for the one in Montreal this evening.

Can you explain to me as well?

Explain you what? I sent him a PM about the Sony E3 event this evening in Montreal.

kaiyo

So, is it still technically a better deal than FS/BB?

Haven't had a chance to do the math yet.

No it's not
Amazon (4 games)
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 237.96
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Extra 15% applied: -CDN$ 35.69
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 202.27
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 26.28
Grand Total: CDN$ 228.55

$228.55/4 = $57.14/game after taxes

Bestbuy (3 games)
Product Total
$146.97
Shipping
No charge
Subtotal$146.97
ON HST $19.11
Order Total$166.08

$166.08/3 = $55.36/game after taxes (+ you get rewards points)

Overall BB is better deal then FS then Amazon

Returners

So guys, my buddy's guest isn't coming for the Sony E3 event at Scotiabank Cineplex in Montreal. So, there is a spot open and I'm not sure if someone can tag along but I just want to let you guys know.

PM me if anything, for the one in Montreal this evening.

Explain you what? I sent him a PM about the Sony E3 event this evening in Montreal.

lol. Thought you're talking about Amazon's PM. Since he was quoting that.

Firestorm

Wait, so why are people bothering with Amazon when they have the same promo and are almost always later than Best Buy / Future Shop with shipments?

frequency

Wait, so why are people bothering with Amazon when they have the same promo and are almost always later than Best Buy / Future Shop with shipments?

It was 30% off the list price (some of which was already 15% off) at checkout.
So people were getting 69.99 - 15% - 30%.

So they were getting $59.49 - 30% ($41.64) per game.

They "fixed" it though so now it's just list price and 15% off at checkout.

ohlawd

people who got their orders in before Amazon caught their mistake were saving more than at BB/FS.

I ordered 18 games this morning from Amazon and all of which are at least $10 less than the FS/BB price and you get the 30% off on top of the price.

X1
Lords Of The Fallen - $55.24
Halo 5 - $59.49
Sunset Overdrive - $55.24
Final Fantasy XV - $59.99

PS4
The Crew - $59.49
Evolve - $49.96
Mad Max - $57.99
Batman Arkham Knight - $59.49
Far Cry 4
NBA 2K15 - $59.99
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe - $79.99 (Discount wasn't included for the FS/BB orders, limited edition)
Middle Earth Shadow Of Mordor - $59.49
Alien Isolation - $59.49
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare - $59.49
MGS V: Phantom Pain - $59.49
Assassins Creed Unity - $59.49
The Last Of Us Remastered - $59.49
Dying Light - $59.49
Destiny - $49.96

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Pokemon at 38.49 or 44.99?

Ima take Pokemon at 38.49 + 30% off on Amazon if you don't mind :p

J-Man

I only placed one order in the Amazon deal, and I unfortunately didn't get Destiny. Not super stocked about that game, but at 35 bucks during the sale, I shoulda jumped in as the TIV would probably match that near launch.

I'm skeptical about Amazon's shipping, and still have a bunch of games from last years deal, so I don't feel bad about not placing a huge order. Would have picked up an XB1 at 30% off if I could have, though.

Lexxism

Lol this guy. Got the Omega Ruby for $5!

Items Ordered Price

1 of: NBA 2K15 - PlayStation 4
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
Condition: New
CDN$ 59.99

1 of: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Playstation 4
CDN$ 59.49

1 of: Pokemon Omega Ruby - Nintendo 3DS
CDN$ 5.24

Shipping Speed:
FREE Super Saver Shipping

Payment information
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 124.72
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 22.45
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 102.27
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 13.30
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 115.57

kitzkozan

Because earlier this morning, the promo was wayyy better... with less choice though.

Yeah, at least I'm going to get Last of Us remastered for a fair price (it's a PS3 game after all, so I see it as paying $20 for the 1080p version + another $20 for the season's pass content).

I cancelled my original Best Buy pre-order and will wait for the selection of game to grow before making another one.

Waiting for Kingdom Heart 2.5 HD ReMix, Metro: Redux and the rest will depend on what's announced (would love a new Metroid or a new Zelda for the Wii U).

Apparently they will be honoring the extra 15%, anyone that calls in will be provided the deal, just not immediately anymore like people on RFD and on here were getting around an hour ago.

I was actually able to sneak in an order this morning, and I found that the full 30% plus the 15% they already put on was working on just individual games too.

Lol - amazon.ca is probably showing the door to whoever green-lit the wording on their deal. Good luck to them on facing the sleazoid, rabid RFD gaming board members as well. Welcome to the fold, guys!

Lexxism

Apparently they will be honoring the extra 15%, anyone that calls in will be provided the deal, just not immediately anymore like people on RFD and on here were getting around an hour ago.

Yeah. It seems people were getting the extra 15% or even more. Some of them ordered like 5 $59.99 games and was only charge for $115 total before taxes lol

Amazon has most games at 59.99 and they're offering the 30% off on 3 more. Seems like the best deal to me, considering Best Buy and Future shop are charging 69.99 on basically everything

UberTag

Amazon has most games at 59.99 and they're offering the 30% off on 3 more. Seems like the best deal to me, considering Best Buy and Future shop are charging 69.99 on basically everything
15% off 3 games or more at $59.99 = Amazon
30% off 3 games or more at $69.99 = Best Buy

You won't be getting an additional 30% off of a $59.99 current gen game at Amazon. At least not now. This morning you did.

Top Bottom