• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

LkPr

Looks like BB/FS have the better deal now, unless my math is wrong...

BB/FS - 69.99 x 3 = 209.97 x .7 = 146.98

Amazon - 59.49 x 3 = 178.47 x .85 = 151.70

OR

69.99 x .70 = 48.99 each

59.49 x .85 = 50.56 each

DJ_Lae

The order I placed via 'fixed' Amazon discount was $216 after tax for four games, including Skylanders. Because of that game's exclusion on Best Buy the same four games there total ~$260 for me.

With Prime I expect I'll get the games sooner than through Best Buy too, so there's also that.

I won't, however, be able to return individual games without losing my discount, so I only ordered games I knew I wanted through Amazon. Ones I'm unsure about I'll go Best Buy...or maybe Future Shop just because there's one in a more convenient location.

Cudder

My chat with an Amazon.ca rep:

Me:I've been told you guys would apply a further discount if I got in contact with a Amazon rep.
To what the deal initially was, which was 30% off the listed price.

Hema:***, due to technical error, 15% discount is being applied to the order.
Please place the order and let me know the order number, I'll issue another 15% discount by reducing the item cost.

Me:I haven't actually got all of the games in my cart as of yet. I will do that now.

Hema:Sure!

Me:Will the deal be fixed in the future or am I going to have to get a rep to add the additional discount? The deal was working this morning.

Hema:I'll stay online till you place the order.

Me:Okay, just a moment.

Hema:Sure!

Me:Actually, will I be able to wait until tomorrow, because Sony's E3 conference hasn't started yet and I'm sure more games will be added.

Hema:Sure.
Please contact us once you placed the order for the eligible items.

Me:Thanks a lot.

Hema:You're welcome.

Is there anything else I could check on for you or assist with?

Me:Do you know if the deal/promo will be fixed soon so it applies the full discount, or will I have to get in contact with another Amazon rep.

Hema:The discount will be for the subtotal amount.
Its applicable only for eligible items where the promo is listed on the product detail page.

Me:The discount will be an additional 15% off, correct?

Hema:Totally it would be 30% discount.

Me:30% off of 3 games that are 59.99?
Meaning a game that is 59.99 would be discounted 30%, correct?

Hema:Yes, ***.

There you have it. Get in contact with those reps.

kaiyo

My chat with an Amazon.ca rep:

There you have it. Get in contact with those reps.

Did you chat just now? You should have ask if it's off the listed discounted price the $59.99 could be interpreted as reg price.

I just got email saying mine is being forwarded to the marketing team -__-

kaiyo

Looks like BB/FS have the better deal now, unless my math is wrong...

BB/FS - 69.99 x 3 = 209.97 x .7 = 146.98

Amazon - 59.49 x 3 = 178.47 x .85 = 151.70

OR

69.99 x .70 = 48.99 each

59.49 x .85 = 50.56 each

FS is actually $1 more because it's $20 off (of 69.99) = 49.99, not 30% off which would be $48.99

DVCY201

Okay, so I can get 30% off any pre-ordered game as long as I contact Amazon? Is that what we're doing? Just has to be more than 3 games, right?

Cudder

Did you chat just now? You should have ask if it's off the listed discounted price the $59.99 could be interpreted as reg price.

I just got email saying mine is being forwarded to the marketing team -__-

They said 30% off the 59.99 price, what more do you need?

Lexxism

Okay, so I can get 30% off any pre-ordered game as long as I contact Amazon? Is that what we're doing? Just has to be more than 3 games, right?

Definitely depends on the CSR. Some will only took a minute to do the extra 15% and some won't give the extra discount.

ref

Just spoke with customer support and got the other 15% taken off.

Took me 2 reps, first one said they would forward it, but the other one was quick to manually apply the other 15% discount.

Be polite, may take a couple of tries, but you should find someone who will apply the extra 15% on the spot.

I'm not great at math, but I think it was applied correctly, maybe if someone could eyeball this amount to see if it seems right:

14 games for 503.96.

15% off 3 games or more at $59.99 = Amazon
30% off 3 games or more at $69.99 = Best Buy

You won't be getting an additional 30% off of a $59.99 current gen game at Amazon. At least not now. This morning you did.

The literal wording on amazon.ca right now is "save 30% on hundreds of games when you pre-order 3 games or more"

What am I missing?

J-Man

Glad to see that we're still able to get the extra 15% if we contact an amazon rep, but now I see they updated Destiny price to $59.99 instead of $49.99.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
And done. Got Halo 5, Halo Collection + Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe for 127.58$ (excl. taxes)

Peanuts man!

kaiyo

The literal wording on amazon.ca right now is "save 30% on hundreds of games when you pre-order 3 games or more"

What am I missing?

"Special Offers and Product Promotions
Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles, including titles announced at E3 2014 Here's how (restrictions apply)"

DJ_Lae

Even their reps must be confused because they in no way should be processing extra 15% discounts given the corrected wording of the deal. Works out for us though!

Got my order knocked down to $175 for four games. Skylanders mysteriously became $40 in the order, I guess that's how they adjusted everything.

So guys, is there a way we can tell if the Last Of Us Remastered copy that both Amazon and Best Buy ships are the same?

Is it possible to tell after they are shipped based on the product number on either of those sites?

I'm gonna end up ordering fucking 15 games with this E3 deal. $69.99 is just ridiculous

Welcome to the club. I have few left on Future Shop from last year. Few on Best Buy from couple of days ago and 19 on Amazon today.

That's a heck lot of games, pfftt...

Will probably post a full list tomorrow when things have cooled down.

krae_man

I retried my order online and this time the discount is labled "promotional discount applied" instead of "15% discount" or whatever and it was actually 18% off :lol

DJ_Lae

To clarify, you guys are contacting Amazon to get 30% off instead of two instances of 15%?

We're contacting them to get 30% off instead of the 15% promo that's applied in cart.

Most games already have 15% off before you add them to the cart, and the 15% promo is supposed to (technically) make the up to 30% off part of the promo.

But a lot of reps seem to not know this, effectively giving you a discount of ~39% or so in the end, or whatever 15%^3 is.

DVCY201

"Special Offers and Product Promotions
Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles, including titles announced at E3 2014 Here's how (restrictions apply)"

Still confusing, given that they don't detail how they scale the percentage off depending on the price

Sealtest

I'm terrible at math and need to know if this is correct.

I bought Ruby/sapphire and 3ds smash bros at $38.24
and to give me an extra 15% off they brought down my sapphire to $21.03

Final total is

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 97.51
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 5.00
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 14.63
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 77.88
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 10.12
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Grand Total: CDN$ 88.00

Does this seem right?

BTW that extra $5 promo was credit on my account.

rinse82

Final total is

-----
-----

Does this seem right?

Yes, if you were hoping to get 20% off.

bryt

Final total is

-----
-----

Does this seem right?

BTW that extra $5 promo was credit on my account.

Seems right. 38.24 (15% off) * 3 = 114.72

114.72 * .85 = 97.51 (15% off)

97.51*.85 = 82.88 (15% off)

82.88 - 5 = 77.88

Total it's (82.88/114.72) = 27.8% off of the current sale price ($38.24). Or (82.88/134.97) = 38.4% off of the original price ($44.99).

I contacted Amazon (via text chat), and was unsuccessful in applying 30% instead of 15%. They said they had to email the promotions team about it and were not authorized to make changes.

DVCY201

I finished my chat with an Amazon representative and they said their Concern Department is working on a fix, so they're aware. Unfortunately, I only got an additional 15% off, not 30%, so BB works out to still be cheaper for me.

For anyone unsuccessful on the Amazon 30% discount, just try again. I got a different rep. the second time and she manually applied the extra discount to my order of 7 games. Each game comes to approx. $43 after tax! Incredible deal. It's $12 cheaper than FS/BB per game.

One question I do have: how is the shipping? It kind of scares me that it says: "shipping in 5-8 business days" for each game. Futureshop's games arrive on release day.

Quick

Banned
Can someone summarize this E3 deal on Amazon.ca for me?

And I'm assuming they ship the games and charge me as they're released, and not once I place the order.

Also, is the EA Sports UFC Bruce Lee pre-order bonus on ALL pre-orders, regardless of where I place it?

bryt

Just successfully got my order discounted. I just told them I noticed my order only got 18% off instead of 30% and they gave me an extra 12% off to make it 30% total.

Cudder

To all who pre ordered on Amazon, did you select the One Shipment option rather than paying more to get individual games shipped? People were saying they still ship out your order game by game as they become available if you choose One Shipment.

bryt

what are you guys going to do when more stuff get announced?

hit up customer support again?

Gonna order on both BB and Amazon. If I can't get support to get me the discount then I'll cancel the Amazon order and keep BB order. If I do get the discount from Amazon, I'll cancel BB order.

Anyone have some experience pre-ordering games from Amazon.ca? Does it really take 5-8 days after release to ship under the standard shipping option?

No_Style

To all who pre ordered on Amazon, did you select the One Shipment option rather than paying more to get individual games shipped? People were saying they still ship out your order game by game as they become available if you choose One Shipment.

Right. They will ship as they become available.

Anyone have some experience pre-ordering games from Amazon.ca? Does it really take 5-8 days after release to ship under the standard shipping option?

Hit or miss. Sometimes it is quick but I waited a week or so for a new release before. If release day shipment is important to you don't use Amazon.ca it will only bring heartbreak.

Depends on how close you are to a depot, but generally, no. You can probably expect shorter. What is gone, though, is having release-day shipping in certain cities (ex. GTA) if you choose the free option. Pretty sure that's gone now.

UberTag

I don't want to hassle Amazon.ca customer support to get a deal. I've worked in that field. Would rather just wait it out for a fix.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to hassle Amazon.ca customer support to get a deal. I've worked in that field. Would rather just wait it out for a fix.

Yup, same here. I wonder what's taking so long to fix... It was working this morning...!

Top Bottom