• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Need FS/BB to update with Tomb Raider and Rainbow 6........and find another game or 2 to add to it........I'm sure Sony will announce some stuff

^^^^^^^^doesn't look like they updated anything yet.......except Diablo 3 image isn't loading

Right. They will ship as they become available.

Hit or miss. Sometimes it is quick but I waited a week or so for a new release before. If release day shipment is important to you don't use Amazon.ca it will only bring heartbreak.

Depends on how close you are to a depot, but generally, no. You can probably expect shorter. What is gone, though, is having release-day shipping in certain cities (ex. GTA) if you choose the free option. Pretty sure that's gone now.

OK, thanks for the information. I just asked Amazon.ca to upgrade me to Priority shipping for free to compete with Futureshop and Best Buy (which offer same-day delivery). They made the change. Won't be same-day delivery, but should be within a couple of days. I'm stoked.

I don't want to hassle Amazon.ca customer support to get a deal. I've worked in that field. Would rather just wait it out for a fix.

What are you waiting for, exactly? The deal as it stands is working fine, it's this morning where the glitches were happening. They just happened to be glitches that worked in our favor.

Seik

Banned
Is the FS deal ending tonight? Because it says ''E3 2014 - June 6th-9th''

Because Nintendo will probably announce stuff tomorrow and I'd like to pre-order the probably soon to be announced Zelda game. D:

therapist

dat amazon.ca deal is pretty good fellas , its the same 30% off but the games are mostly 59.99 instead of 69.99 to begin with.

Even better some games are on sale and it applies

I got destiny xb1 for 39.99 pre ordered , metal gear for 47 and last of us for 47

Make sure to order , then go to customer support and live caht - it only seems to apply 15% instead of the 30 it should by default - anyone you get on the chat is likely aware as was the guy i got , and they adjusted the price within minutes.

sniper elite 3 ps4 is 46 , without the discount so itll be decently cheap - even sunset overdrive is 55.

Good times for e3 deals!

DJ_Lae

Yup, same here. I wonder what's taking so long to fix... It was working this morning...!

I think what happened is that it wasn't working this morning and it's working now, but some reps seem to be unaware of the change or just don't understand.

The deal is supposed to be 15% off on the store page and then another 15% off in cart, not 15% off and then another 30% off. What probably won't work tomorrow is the adjustments to 30% off that some people are getting approved in chat.

So if you want the 15+30% discount, get in on it now.

I don't want to hassle Amazon.ca customer support to get a deal. I've worked in that field. Would rather just wait it out for a fix.

Yeah, that's kind of my line in the sand--if I have to harass a customer service rep, I'm probably just better off dealing with FS/BB's bullshit or not buying the games day one.

Of course, it's easy for me to say that, since I got in on the Amazon hype train this morning. I'm just picking over leftovers and games announced since this morning, really.

btkadams

Is there a high quality way to watch e3 coverage on ps4 in Canada? I'm on the twitch website in the ps4 browser, but it doesn't look HD.

jholmes

Is there a high quality way to watch e3 coverage on ps4 in Canada? I'm on the twitch website in the ps4 browser, but it doesn't look HD.

Wasn't watching on PS4 but the IGN feed looked good on PC and Wii U for me. Downside is you have to listen to the IGN guys in between conferences, but I'm less annoyed than I had feared.

baconcow

One issue I see with Amazon.ca is you're stuck with the game if it bombs (unless you want to pay to ship it back). With BB, you can just drive it back to the store, if you're close to one. Makes it much more convenient, especially the way games are nowadays. Some seem awesome, until released. I hate spending my money for something that isn't a sure thing.

jzbluz

I contacted CS but they gave me the promotion team speech. I'll wait to see if I get the discount, if I don't, I'll cancel the order because as it stands it's not that great of a deal.

DJ_Lae

One issue I see with Amazon.ca is you're stuck with the game if it bombs (unless you want to pay to ship it back). With BB, you can just drive it back to the store, if you're close to one. Makes it much more convenient, especially the way games are nowadays. Some seem awesome, until released. I hate locking in my money for something that isn't a sure thing.

I agree, there's no way I'd order anything remotely questionable through Amazon because of the difficulty in returning it.

Plus if you do return it, they'll actually be able to check whether you lose promo discount on other games in your order. Best Buy and Future Shop are blissfully ignorant there.

LMN

I contacted CS but they gave me the promotion team speech. I'll wait to see if I get the discount, if I don't, I'll cancel the order because as it stands it's not that great of a deal.

Same here, I contacted them and got the same speech as well. I super sad right now.

The one time I returned something from Amazon, they sent me a link to a return shipping label, I put the item back in its original envelope, and shipped it for free.

Pre-ordered 3 games but for the life of me I can't figure out how they calculated the discount.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm spoiled. Halo 5, Halo Collection and Dragon Age Deluxe for 120$.

I don't know for the love of god how they calculated it, but my wallet is extremely happy.

baconcow

The one time I returned something from Amazon, they sent me a link to a return shipping label, I put the item back in its original envelope, and shipped it for free.

They will ship back defective stuff or incorrect items. If you want to return a game you no longer want, you are supposed to pay for shipping. It all depends on the "reason" you choose for the return.

I plan on ordering tomorrow or whenever Nintendo's and Sony's stuff goes up. I only have 2 games I want for sure that Amazon and BB have put up (no story of seasons). Am I going to get less of a deal for not ordering today?

Need FS/BB to update with Tomb Raider and Rainbow 6........and find another game or 2 to add to it........I'm sure Sony will announce some stuff

^^^^^^^^doesn't look like they updated anything yet.......except Diablo 3 image isn't loading

Add Trine 2 Wii U. They will never ship it.

baconcow

Just order two of something and drive it back. I actually had a BB rep on the phone suggest this to me when I was trying to get my order through and was in the same situation (site kept going down).

DVCY201

Ah, I realized what was fudging my order, P4AU wasn't eligible for the 30% off (360) so it was inflating it. I removed that and now my order is ~$14 less than if I ordered it through BB and ~$23 less than if I went through Amazon without contacting CS. So, I save a little bit of cash! Hopefully Amazon updates the Wii U page with X and whatnot so I can get those for cheaper too.

What are you waiting for, exactly? The deal as it stands is working fine, it's this morning where the glitches were happening. They just happened to be glitches that worked in our favor.

wrong. i ordered 3 games, 2 of which were vita games. i got a flat 15% discount on them, including the vita games which were selling at their list prices. how is that a 30% discount?...

Hrm, is it only certain games? I wouldn't mind grabbing Danganronpa 2, but even the 15% off isn't there.

just checked & saw that. it was one of the games i got. bizarre...

ohlawd

Ah, I realized what was fudging my order, P4AU wasn't eligible for the 30% off (360) so it was inflating it. I removed that and now my order is ~$14 less than if I ordered it through BB and ~$23 less than if I went through Amazon without contacting CS. So, I save a little bit of cash! Hopefully Amazon updates the Wii U page with X and whatnot so I can get those for cheaper too.

How do you know if something isn't eligible?

DVCY201

How do you know if something isn't eligible?

On the actual product page it should say "Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles, including titles announced at E3 2014 Here's how (restrictions apply)".

I'll add P4AU to a later order, and see if I can get the full 30% off on that because the PS3 version has it.

ohlawd

On the actual product page it should say "Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles, including titles announced at E3 2014 Here's how (restrictions apply)".

I'll add P4AU to a later order, and see if I can get the full 30% off on that because the PS3 version has it.

oh I see that, thanks.

mdubs

Banned
Not even seeing the promotion on anything at the moment, not even the base 15%. I'm guess they took it down for a bit to get it working again.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
wrong. i ordered 3 games, 2 of which were vita games. i got a flat 15% discount on them, including the vita games which were selling at their list prices. how is that a 30% discount?...

just checked & saw that. it was one of the games i got. bizarre...
I hope they add it back then. Or FS gets them I suppose.

Lexxism

Good to hear that PS Now will come to Canada this July 31st! Looks like I might GTAV to my pre-orders. Hoping for a good E3 for Nintendo

Top Bottom