• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Noahd41

Neo Member
Futureshop has added Rise of the Tomb Raider to the site, I need them to add Uncharted 4.

edit: Tomb Raider doesn't trigger the deal when adding it my cart at this point...

same with Mass Effect 4

Vibranium

Banned
I am very happy that PSNow is coming over here, thank you Andy. The House Always Wins. Thankfully not many of us should care about the Powers TV show having U.S. benefits, I am not a huge Bendis fan anyways.

I am so pre ordering Bloodbourne, support Mizayaki everyone!

UberTag

We should wait until FS/BB get all of the new games added and promotion flags properly enabled before panicking too much.

Banned
The amazon 30% deal isn't working. The promotion applied doesn't add up to 30% off the price before tax. Something's wrong.

Apathy

I was wondering if the Last of Us pre order from Best Buy had the extras or not (not dlc, but the pre order bonuses like upgrades and Ellie and Joel new skins)?

Okay so I'm lookin back at the past two pages because it looks like Amazon super changed their E3 deal. Uh... I don't think I completely understand what happened. My order is still at a discount though.

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried to pre-order the Halo games and Sunset Overdrive and it only gave me $30 bucks off. Yeah whatever. Thank god I left my order with Best Buy,

One issue I see with Amazon.ca is you're stuck with the game if it bombs (unless you want to pay to ship it back). With BB, you can just drive it back to the store, if you're close to one. Makes it much more convenient, especially the way games are nowadays. Some seem awesome, until released. I hate spending my money for something that isn't a sure thing.

Meh. It should be pretty easy to sell the game on Craigslist for the price you paid (or more). Whenever I decide I don't want a game, I have people buy/pick the game up from my house; so, it's actually less of a hassle than returning the game to a store.

Cheerilee

The amazon 30% deal isn't working. The promotion applied doesn't add up to 30% off the price before tax. Something's wrong.

Amazon situation for dummies:

On the main page, Amazon has an ad saying you can get 30% off, if you preorder 3 or more games.

I9mWwVw.jpg

But if you look at one of the eligible titles, you'll see that they already lowered the price by 15%, per-game.

shNhTzg.jpg

And if you scroll down, you'll see that you can get an additional 15% discount, up to 30%, if you bundle three of them.

U7T20gT.jpg

Amazon was broken earlier today, so they lowered the price and they were giving out 30% discounts. They fixed it. If you harass confused customer service people, they might break it for you on a case-by-case basis, and give you 30% discount on top of the already-lowered price.

Cactus

Banned
I just received an email from an Amazon rep...

"I'm sorry to hear that the promotion was not successfully applied to your order.

Save an additional 15% - up to 30% off - with pre-order of three or more titles, including titles announced at E3 2014.

We are receiving many contacts on this promotion. It seems there is some misunderstanding on how this promotion works:

Customer will get upto 15% off on the list price of the eligible items. Further, they will also receive additional 15% off on the order, if they purchase three or more titles from the eligible items list.

We hope to see you again soon."

So...he's sorry the 30% was applied incorrectly to my order, but also suggests that I misunderstood the terms of the promotion..? Two of the three games in my order weren't even given the initial "up to" 15% discount.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Fuck Futureshop and BestBuy needs to update their lists.
HALO collection
Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive

Btw people who are having trouble with Amazon order. I already talked to them, the games are already 15% off considering their original price is 70$. So you only get additional 15% off, total of 30%. Every game you see should be ~50$ after 30% off.

So For example Destiny for Xbox One is already 50$. That means no discount there since its already 29% off. Kinda sucks though.

Apathy

lol I ordered it too lets see what happens

edit: btw what's in the premium edition? I didn't even know there was one

Theres an $80 usd special that comes with a 7 inch statue, stickers and an art book, and the $150 usd premium that comes with an 11 inch statue, stickers, art book with hidden compartment and a chain plus both come with the DLC, extra costume and something else

I saw a picture of it in another thread, looked like a lot

yeah, I ended up thinking it was silly of me to ask when I should just google it myself, and lo and behold one of the first entries is the neogaf thread.

I ordered 2. I highly doubt they'll honour this, but whatever. just hope they fix it before red flag finds out lol

edit:

Theres an $80 usd special that comes with a 7 inch statue, stickers and an art book, and the $150 usd premium that comes with an 11 inch statue, stickers, art book with hidden compartment and a chain plus both come with the DLC, extra costume and something else

thanks for taking the time to write it out! much appreciated!

Apathy

Fuck Futureshop and BestBuy needs to update their lists.
HALO collection
Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive

Btw people who are having trouble with Amazon order. I already talked to them, the games are already 15% off considering their original price is 70$. So you only get additional 15% off, total of 30%. Every game you see should be ~50$ after 30% off.

So For example Destiny for Xbox One is already 50$. That means no discount there since its already 29% off. Kinda sucks though.

See thats bull because it's 15% off the lowered price already, instead of a full 30% off the original, so 69.99 games for amazon with their thinking will come out to 50.57 but best buy/fb or rational places where it is a full 30% off will come out out to 48.99 (pretty sure I did the math on that right, just in case someone quickly double check)

Hmmm, Uncharted 4, Rainbow 6 and Civ Beyond Earth has no discount at checkout.......but are 50, 50 and 42 dollars anyway......weird

Uncharted isn't part of the promo yet.....damn

Vibranium

Banned
If I try to purchase Uncharted 4 at $50, will Amazon probably fix it? I don't want to take the risk, probably better to stick with Future Shop.

They sure as hell aren't going to honor that Order 1886 deal.

DJ_Lae

Haha, ordered. It'll get canceled but oh well.

Also, I think the $150 edition statue looks really stupid compared to the cheaper one.

Apathy

Haha, ordered. It'll get canceled but oh well.

Also, I think the $150 edition statue looks really stupid compared to the cheaper one.

I'm with you, I would rather the cheaper one, but I thought I would share with my GAF Canadian family, since you guys have brought me so much savings in the past.

baconcow

Tried to add it to my cart and it just says "We're sorry. The item The Order: 1886 Premium Edition - PlayStation 4 is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page."

Amazon always honors price, right? That's their preorder guarantee.

Man they fucking better. I pre-ordered stuff when Amazon still had the super good and competitive "30% off per game" thing instead of what now looks like the "30% off just the total order" thing that it appears to be.

Man I basically just copied my Best Buy order minus Wii U, 3DS and FFXV and KH3. I guess I'm gonna re-order stuff from BB tomorrow after Nintendo's thing.

zroid

Banned
I almost placed an order... for The Order... but at the last second I felt bad buying an LE of a game I don't even want, and would probably just end up selling

Top Bottom